Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: A complete New Bie Here
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers A complete New Bie Here Post 302280976 by nixnoob on Tuesday 27th of January 2009 11:56:39 PM
Old 01-28-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by supercops
Hello Guys

I am a complete New bie in UNIX ( Just know a few of the commands ). Please guide how should I learn Unix In a proper way . I am doing a job, so i will have to do the study at home . Which books , Links, Pages you will suggest me so that i can learn UNIX fast .

Thanks
Same here...still learning...good luck...just don't be in a hurry...it's fairly easy once you understand the concepts.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

complete newbie

ok so i am trying redhat linux and i create a partiton and install it no worries then i start and i cant access any of my other drives i can mount cd roms and floppies so i am logged in as root what i want to do is mount the following drives drive 1 ide partition 2 drive 2 to 5 seen... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: davidjk
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Auto Complete

Hi ! Can anybody please give me any clue how to set on the Auto Complete option (auto complete paths by pressing escape) in unix ? Thanks! Pablo. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cordobapablo
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

new bie questions

Hi all, I am a new bie and learning linux step by step. I am googling a lot but still unabel to find few things like below: 1. how to clean ipcs if I reboot the system it is cleaned but can I do that with out rebooting the system 2. I don't have any in side the folder /usr/src and one of my... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gauri
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

few new bie questions related to gdb , telnet

Hi All, 1. how to what is the current line we are executing. List command will display the 10 lines by default. 2. how to put a pointer to the current excuting line when executing the list. 2. if i have set one break point and i want to set 2nd break point do i need to delete the first break... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gauri
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please complete this program.

Hi All, I need some help to complete the below script, after executing below script blank lines are coming, but i am expecting 4 digit numeric no. Please solve the issue ASAP. function portno { while (true) do random=`echo $RANDOM | cut -c 1-4` port=`netstat -a | grep -c $random` ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sridhusha
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

BASH complete-filename & menu-complete together

Hi, Does anyone know how to make BASH provide a list of possible completions on the first tab, and then start cycling through the possibilites on the next tab? Right now this is what I have in my .bashrc: bind "set show-all-if-ambiguous on" bind \\C-o:menu-complete This allows... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mithu
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ps complete output

HI ALl I am creating a script where i can print ps output to find out most CPU utilised process.but in ps -ef we can get arg list only up to 80 character. ps -ef | more UID PID PPID C STIME TTY TIME CMD root 0 0 0 Feb 20 ? 0:40 sched root ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: devesh123
3 Replies

8. IP Networking

New-Bie doubt in TCP-IP 3 way hand shake

from my understanding step 1: From device A to device B , sending SYN. SYN=1 ACK=0 Ackno=0 Sequence number=2000 step 2: from device B to A , sending SYN-ACK SYN=1 ACK=1 ACKno=2001 Sequence number= 5000 Step :3 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: baker
4 Replies
Mojolicious::Guides(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				  Mojolicious::Guides(3pm)

NAME
Mojolicious::Guides - Mojolicious guide to the galaxy DON'T PANIC! We are constantly working on new documentation, follow us on Twitter <http://twitter.com/kraih>, GitHub <http://github.com/kraih/mojo> or join the official IRC channel "#mojo" on "irc.perl.org" to get all the latest updates. LEARNING PERL
If you are new to Perl, we recommend Learn Perl in 2 hours 30 minutes <http://qntm.org/files/perl/perl.html> for a quick introduction, or the Modern Perl book <http://modernperlbooks.com/books/modern_perl/>, freely available in many formats. Both are excellent introductions to the language. For more books and documentation, check out learn.perl.org <http://learn.perl.org/>. TUTORIAL
Mojolicious::Lite A really fast and fun way to get started developing web applications with Mojolicious is the Mojolicious::Lite tutorial. Almost everything you learn there can also be applied to normal Mojolicious applications and is considered a prerequisite for the guides. You should definitely take a look! GUIDES
Mojolicious::Guides::Growing Starting a Mojolicious::Lite prototype from scratch and growing it into a well structured Mojolicious application. Mojolicious::Guides::Routing Simple and fun introduction to the Mojolicious router. Mojolicious::Guides::Rendering Generating content with the Mojolicious renderer. Mojolicious::Guides::Cookbook Cooking with Mojolicious, recipes for every taste. Mojolicious::Guides::FAQ Frequently asked questions with the right answers. Mojolicious::Guides::CodingGuidelines Coding guidelines and mission statement. A must read for developers and contributors! HIGHLIGHTS
Mojolicious and Mojolicious::Lite are the sum of many parts, small building blocks that can be used independently, these are the most prominent ones. Mojo::UserAgent Full featured non-blocking I/O HTTP 1.1 and WebSocket user agent. Mojo::DOM Very fun and minimalistic HTML5/XML DOM parser with CSS3 selector support. Mojo::JSON Minimalistic JSON implementation that just works. Mojo::Server::Daemon Highly portable non-blocking I/O HTTP 1.1 and WebSocket server with self-restart support through Mojo::Server::Morbo, perfect for development and testing. Mojo::Server::Hypnotoad Full featured UNIX optimized preforking non-blocking I/O HTTP 1.1 and WebSocket server with support for zero downtime software upgrades (hot deployment). Mojo::Server::CGI, Mojo::Server::PSGI Transparent CGI and PSGI support out of the box. Mojo::Template Very Perl-ish and minimalistic template system. Mojo::ByteStream Countless portable and very convenient bytestream manipulation methods. Mojolicious::Commands Pluggable command line system and the backbone of the mojo script. Test::Mojo Test driven development toolkit for web applications. ojo Fun oneliners using everything above. MORE
A lot more documentation and examples by many different authors can be found in the Mojolicious wiki at <http://github.com/kraih/mojo/wiki>. perl v5.14.2 2012-09-05 Mojolicious::Guides(3pm)