Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris adding another disk - sol10x86 on dl365 Post 302280920 by pupp on Tuesday 27th of January 2009 08:48:02 PM
Old 01-27-2009
adding another disk - sol10x86 on dl365

i have a dl365 with x86 installed. currently my raid is set as follows:
Code:
# /opt/HPQacucli/sbin/hpacucli controller all show config

Smart Array E200i in Slot 0   (sn: PR76MU2357     )

array A (SAS, Unused Space: 0 MB)

logicaldrive 1 (68.3 GB, RAID 1+0, OK)

physicaldrive 1I:1:1 (port 1I:box 1:bay 1, SAS, 72 GB, OK)
      physicaldrive 1I:1:2 (port 1I:box 1:bay 2, SAS, 72 GB, OK)

unassigned

physicaldrive 1I:1:3 (port 1I:box 1:bay 3, SAS, 72 GB, OK)

what i'd like to do is have the 3rd, 72gb drive (1i:1:3) as a standard disk. not actually in an array or apart of "array A". at this point, i'm not sure how to get this disk to be seen by sol10. i'm not well trained with this utility either so it could be my lack of knowledge. docs/manuals aren't really showing me much other then actually placing these into an array. i've tried devfsadm and reboot -- -r with out any luck.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Adding hard Disk

Hi all, I am using SCO Openserver V and I want to add one more harddisk (/dev/hd1) Hw can I do it? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: skant
1 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

adding disk to ultra10

I enquired before about adding another disk to an ultra 10... and was told it was possible... Well - since then I got my hands on another ultra 10 - and have taken the disk out of that one... I should be able to connect it up - but I am wondering - should this be mounted in any partiulcar... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
2 Replies

3. Solaris

adding new disk to cluster

Dear all , I am new to sun cluster and i having a problem adding a disk to a disk group . My platfrom consists of a clustered E6900 SUN server and an EMC DX1000 storage . the disk group that iam trying to add the disk to is shared group , whwen i run vxdisk list i get in status "online... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ppass
2 Replies

4. HP-UX

disk adding through lvm

Hi dear(s) Can u explain how to add a disk through lvm with commands. I need to add a 9 gb scsi HS disk to a Hp D class 9000 server. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreekumar.R
2 Replies

5. Solaris

OS not recognize the new disk while adding

Hi all, I tried to add the new disk into veritas control.but the OS/veritas is not recognize the disk.so how i can know disk status or the disk added or not into veritas?please help me out step by step procedure.i would really thankful to all. regards Krishna (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: murthy76
4 Replies

6. Solaris

console redirect on dl365

anyone have any success with redirecting the console running sol10 x86 on a hp dl365? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pupp
0 Replies

7. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Adding a disk

Recently added a disk to a clariion array system, binded it as a raid 5, now I have no clue how to see it in dg-unix. I want to add it to a current filesystem, and now i'm down river without a paddle. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: danceofillusion
0 Replies

8. AIX

Adding New Hard Disk

Hi, On P5 I would like to add hard drive, currently 2 hard disk are already exists, would like to add one more, 2 Slots are emtpy, I would like to know how to find out wheather adapter is attached to that 2 free slot using command. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

LVM, Troubles with adding another Disk

I am having trouble with LVM and one of my physical volumes. Using Ubuntu Desktop 14.04 I was trying to set up LVM across two disks (not containing the OS or Home). First I created the initial Physical Volume, the Volume Group, and the Logical volume, and everything seemed fine. The... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JR_ULFOR
2 Replies

10. AIX

Adding disk to my lpar

hi all i have entered Aix environment 4 months had experienced in linux what i am facing is i am unable to do sort of RnD with aix like installation on my own, creating vgs managing networks, the VIOS, storage,lpars, So we have a setup here almost all are in live production environment with... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vax
4 Replies
AAC(4)							   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						    AAC(4)

NAME
aac -- Adaptec AdvancedRAID Controller driver SYNOPSIS
To compile this driver into the kernel, place the following lines in your kernel configuration file: device pci device aac device aacp To compile in debugging code: options AAC_DEBUG=N Alternatively, to load the driver as a module at boot time, place the following line in loader.conf(5): aac_load="YES" DESCRIPTION
The aac driver provides support for the Adaptec AAC family of SCSI Ultra2, Ultra160, and Ultra320, SATA and SAS RAID controllers. Access to RAID containers is available via the /dev/aacd? device nodes. The aacp device enables the SCSI pass-thru interface and allows devices connected to the card such as CD-ROMs to be available via the CAM scsi(4) subsystem. Note that not all cards allow this interface to be enabled. The /dev/aac? device nodes provide access to the management interface of the controller. One node exists per installed card. The aliases /dev/afa? and /dev/hpn? exist for compatibility with the Dell and HP versions of management tools, respectively. If the kernel is compiled with the COMPAT_LINUX option, or the aac_linux.ko and linux.ko modules are loaded, the Linux-compatible ioctl(2) interface for the management device will be enabled and will allow Linux-based management applications to control the card. HARDWARE
Controllers supported by the aac driver include: o Adaptec AAC-364 o Adaptec RAID 2045 o Adaptec RAID 2405 o Adaptec RAID 2445 o Adaptec RAID 2805 o Adaptec RAID 3085 o Adaptec RAID 31205 o Adaptec RAID 31605 o Adaptec RAID 5085 o Adaptec RAID 51205 o Adaptec RAID 51245 o Adaptec RAID 51605 o Adaptec RAID 51645 o Adaptec RAID 52445 o Adaptec RAID 5405 o Adaptec RAID 5445 o Adaptec RAID 5805 o Adaptec SAS RAID 3405 o Adaptec SAS RAID 3805 o Adaptec SAS RAID 4000SAS o Adaptec SAS RAID 4005SAS o Adaptec SAS RAID 4800SAS o Adaptec SAS RAID 4805SAS o Adaptec SATA RAID 2020SA ZCR o Adaptec SATA RAID 2025SA ZCR o Adaptec SATA RAID 2026ZCR o Adaptec SATA RAID 2410SA o Adaptec SATA RAID 2420SA o Adaptec SATA RAID 2610SA o Adaptec SATA RAID 2620SA o Adaptec SATA RAID 2810SA o Adaptec SATA RAID 2820SA o Adaptec SATA RAID 21610SA o Adaptec SCSI RAID 2020ZCR o Adaptec SCSI RAID 2025ZCR o Adaptec SCSI RAID 2120S o Adaptec SCSI RAID 2130S o Adaptec SCSI RAID 2130SLP o Adaptec SCSI RAID 2230SLP o Adaptec SCSI RAID 2200S o Adaptec SCSI RAID 2240S o Adaptec SCSI RAID 3230S o Adaptec SCSI RAID 3240S o Adaptec SCSI RAID 5400S o Dell CERC SATA RAID 2 o Dell PERC 2/Si o Dell PERC 2/QC o Dell PERC 3/Si o Dell PERC 3/Di o Dell PERC 320/DC o HP ML110 G2 (Adaptec SATA RAID 2610SA) o HP NetRAID 4M o IBM ServeRAID 8i o IBM ServeRAID 8k o IBM ServeRAID 8s o ICP RAID ICP5045BL o ICP RAID ICP5085BL o ICP RAID ICP5085SL o ICP RAID ICP5125BR o ICP RAID ICP5125SL o ICP RAID ICP5165BR o ICP RAID ICP5165SL o ICP RAID ICP5445SL o ICP RAID ICP5805BL o ICP RAID ICP5805SL o ICP ICP5085BR SAS RAID o ICP ICP9085LI SAS RAID o ICP ICP9047MA SATA RAID o ICP ICP9067MA SATA RAID o ICP ICP9087MA SATA RAID o ICP ICP9014RO SCSI RAID o ICP ICP9024RO SCSI RAID o Legend S220 o Legend S230 o Sun STK RAID REM o Sun STK RAID EM o SG-XPCIESAS-R-IN o SG-XPCIESAS-R-EX o AOC-USAS-S4i o AOC-USAS-S8i o AOC-USAS-S4iR o AOC-USAS-S8iR o AOC-USAS-S8i-LP o AOC-USAS-S8iR-LP FILES
/dev/aac? aac management interface /dev/aacd? disk/container interface DIAGNOSTICS
Compiling with AAC_DEBUG set to a number between 0 and 3 will enable increasingly verbose debug messages. The adapter can send status and alert messages asynchronously to the driver. These messages are printed on the system console, and are also queued for retrieval by a management application. SEE ALSO
kld(4), linux(4), scsi(4), kldload(8) HISTORY
The aac driver first appeared in FreeBSD 4.3. AUTHORS
Mike Smith <msmith@FreeBSD.org> Scott Long <scottl@FreeBSD.org> BUGS
This driver is not compatible with Dell controllers that have version 1.x firmware. The firmware version is the same as the kernel version printed in the BIOS POST and driver attach messages. The controller is not actually paused on suspend/resume. BSD
July 10, 2009 BSD