Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: awk to median
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk to median Post 302280901 by riderman on Tuesday 27th of January 2009 07:06:16 PM
Old 01-27-2009
sorry!!
no need to answer!!

many thanks!!!!

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Calculate the Median, first quartile and third quartile using AWK

Hi all, I have a data range as follow: 28 33 42 12 9 68 81 55 6 47 Since I want to create Box & Whisker Plot, I need to calculate the median, first quartile and third quartile of above data using AWK.( so far I can only writing a code for determine smallest value & largest value... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nica
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with Median

Hi, I know this question has been asked before, but I'd like to ask for some explanation rather than solution regarding finding median in unix. I've got a simple one column file with over 2 million numbers and I need to find its median. The file looks like this: 0.123 0.235 0.890 0.000 etc... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: zajtat
11 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compute the median of a set of numbers with AWK?

Is there a way in awk to compute the median of a set of numbers in a file in the following format. 34 67 78 100 23 45 67 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lucky Ali
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk based script to find the median of all individual columns in a data file

Hi All, I have some data like below. Step1,Param1,Param2,Param3 1,2,3,4 2,3,4,5 2,4,5,6 3,0,1,2 3,0,0,0 3,2,1,3 ........ so on Where I need to find the median(arithmetic) of each column from Param1...to..Param3 for each set of Step1 values. (Sort each specific column, if the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ks_reddy
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Median and max of duplicate rows

Hi all, plz help me with this, I want to to extract the duplicate rows (column 1) in a file which at least repeat 4 times. then I want to summarize them by getting the max , mean, median and min. The file is sorted by column 1, all the repeated rows appear together. If number of elements is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ritakadm
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Median calculator based on id match

I am trying to calculate the median of a column of numbers if they match an ID type on a different column. The input file has 3 columns. The column that has the ID is column 1 and the column with the values I'd like to find the median for is column 3. The file does not need to be sorted. What I... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: verse123
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print median values of matrix -awk?

I use the following script to print the sum and how could I extend this to print medians instead? thanks name s1 s2 s3 s4 g1 2 8 6 5 g1 5 7 9 9 g1 6 7 8 9 g2 8 8 8 8 g2 7 7 7 7 g2 10 10 10 10 g3 3 12 1 24 g3 5 5 24 48 g3 12 3 12 12 g3 2 3 3 3 output name s1 s2 s3 s4 g1 5 7 8 9... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: quincyjones
5 Replies
FAXANSWER(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      FAXANSWER(8)

NAME
faxanswer - tell a HylaFAX server to answer the telephone SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/faxanswer [ -q queue-dir ] [ -h how ] modem DESCRIPTION
faxanswer sends a message to the HylaFAX faxgetty(8) process servicing modem telling it to answer the telephone. This is useful, for exam- ple, when a modem is used on a shared phone line and the server is configured to not normally answer the phone. The specified modem can either be the name (typically the last component of the terminal port the modem is attached to), or the full name of the associated FIFO named pipe file, e.g. ``FIFO.ttym2''. OPTIONS
-q dir Use a spooling area other than /var/spool/hylafax. -h Specify exactly how the phone should be answered. By default, the server process is instructed to answer the phone and accept any kind of call (voice, data, fax). Discrimination of the type of call is dependent on a modem's adaptive-answer support. The -h option can be used to force the server to answer the phone for particular type of call: one of fax, data, voice, any, extern (to force faxgetty to invoke an external application to to handle the call), or dialX (where X is a dialstring to dial before initiating a fax reception). If using dialX, the specified dialstring will likely need to end with a semicolon (``;''). FILES
/var/spool/hylafax default spooling area /var/spool/hylafax/FIFO fifo for contacting faxq Consult hylafax-server(5) for a complete discussion of the structure and content of the spooling area. SEE ALSO
hylafax-server(5), faxgetty(8) May 23, 1996 FAXANSWER(8)