Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Putting echoed text into a new file Post 302280871 by Ikon on Tuesday 27th of January 2009 05:35:57 PM
Old 01-27-2009
Code:
echo "blah blah blah" | tee somefile
echo "blah blah" | tee -a somefile
echo "blah blah blah blah" | tee -a somefile
echo "blah blah blah" | tee -a somefile

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

putting restrictions when copying file

I would like to create a command to copy a file with a restriction- if the file exists at the copy destination, the copy does not occur and message is provided that file already exists. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: thoffpauir
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

putting a timestamp in a file

I was sure there was a way to put a timestamp ina logfile but I can't seem to figure out how. What I would like to do is after the last messages in the rptmgr.err log is put a timestamp so I know the next time I look whats new. I am using AIX 5.1 any help will great Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rocker40
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

echoed prompt not appearing until after read command.

I have a script I am runing on a hacked CDLinux live CD called from /etc/rc.d/rc.local. The part of th script in question goes like this. When run from rc.local the prompt "Centre name :" and the colour change does not appear until after I type the input text and press return. Also, I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: simonb
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Putting screen output in a log file

I want to output screen messages to a logfile when executing an automated script. I have tried the script and command to do this but with no luck. Thanks, Nicole (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nsutti
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capturing text & putting it in different variables

Dear friends, I have following text in a variable. /backup/rem1/10122010/res From this value of variable i want to take each text in different variables e.g. a=backup b=rem1 c=10122010 d=res please guide me to do so. Thank you in advance Anushree (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: anushree.a
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Putting together all values from different files in one file

Hi All, This is what I am trying to achieve but to no avail. I have three sets of files which are: 1. One big dictionary file which looks like this: apple orange computer pear country 2. Some thousands of text files which are named as 1.dat, 2.dat, 3.dat etc The text files... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shoaibjameel123
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

execution of a string being echoed in bash

hi all, I am trying to do a loop on a series of plotting function shown below: colorlist=(blue red green); n=0; for k in $xy; do psbasemap $range -JM$scale -B10g5 -X1 -Y1 -P -K > $outfile pscoast $range -JM$scale -B10g5 -D$res -P -W$lwidth -G$fill -O -K >> $outfile echo... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ida1215
1 Replies

8. Programming

PHP Echoed in Ajax

I have built a site in PHP for radio station, and the daily schedule is displayed dynamically using PHP script. I have added links to view different days but when it loads up its just loading up a new page. I can't quite remember how I done it but I'd like it to be in ajax if that's... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AimyThomas
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Putting a separator in file using awk/bash

I have a file with the following content: a-123-345-232 a-23343-4545-545 a-67676-45454-8787 a-129-8912-9824 b-564-78678-2322 b-5454-76767-8899 b-85554-124-152-29 c-34534-654543-323 (... and so on, actually these are pretty huge records) Now, I want that the file should not be broken in to... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: askerbis
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in sorting the file and putting to a different folder

Hi, I am new to unix. Kindly help me on this. My requirement is as below: I have a path temp/input , temp/CL and temp/CM I have files in temp/input as below (dates in YYYYMMDDHHMISS) NMP1515O.CL.20181026111213 NMP1515O.CM.20181025111213 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shanmugapriya D
4 Replies
Wx::Perl::DataWalker(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Wx::Perl::DataWalker(3pm)

NAME
Wx::Perl::DataWalker - Perl extension for blah blah blah SYNOPSIS
# alternatively, see the dataWalker.pl script in this distribution! use Wx::Perl::DataWalker; my $data_to_browse = { # complex data structure. # Good test: \%:: }; package MyWalkerDialog; our @ISA = qw(Wx::App); sub OnInit { my $self = shift; my $frame = Wx::Perl::DataWalker->new( {data => $data_to_browse}, undef, -1, "dataWalker", ); $self->SetTopWindow($frame); $frame->Show(1); $frame->SetSize(500,500); return 1; } package main; my $app = MyWalkerDialog->new(); $app->MainLoop(); DESCRIPTION
"Wx::Perl::DataWalker" implements a "Wx::Frame" subclass that shows a relatively simple Perl data structure browser. After opening such a frame and supplying it with a reference to an essentially arbitrary data structure, you can visually browse it by double-clicking references. So far, there is no tree view but only a display of the current level of the data structure. You can traverse back up the structure with a back button. Optionally, "Wx::Perl::DataWalker" displays the (approximate!) size of the data structure using "Devel::Size". SEE ALSO
Wx, Devel::Size Padre::Plugin::DataWalker AUTHOR
Steffen Mueller, <smueller@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright (C) 2009 by Steffen Mueller This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself, either Perl version 5.8 or, at your option, any later version of Perl 5 you may have available. perl v5.10.0 2009-03-29 Wx::Perl::DataWalker(3pm)