Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Problems reiterating values from txt file into a variable Post 302280834 by 2dumb on Tuesday 27th of January 2009 04:09:07 PM
Old 01-27-2009
#!/usr/bin/sh

db2 connect to DB user ADMIN using admin

while read NEW
do
echo $NEW
# OR what ever you want to do with the number
done < Phonelist.txt

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

cat vs head vs readline get variable from txt file

I have a file with a single filename in it, which I want to assign to a BASH variable, so I've been trying: c=$(head -1 somefile) echo $c which outputs correctly, but them when I do ... somecommand $c it says it can't find the file, is that because it's grabbing the whole line, and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: unclecameron
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL:How to convert numeric values txt file to PACKED DECIMAL File?

Is there any way to convert numeric values txt file to PACKED DECIMAL File using PERL. Regards, Alok (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aloktiwary
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading variable from file variable values

Hi, Here is the output of lpstat. I would like to read value of Queue which is(abxxxxb1)and status that is DOWN in first line. i dont care what is in second line. any one can help me.thanks Queue Dev Status Job Files User PP % Blks Cp Rnk ------- ----- ---------... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sagii
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

assigning variable in txt file

Hi all, One of my txt file has common format like . And I need to manually assign variable to "/a/b/c/file1/txt" , which has common text before "Calculated summary file:". I wonder if I can use some command to do that for me, that it read the file and check for that comonn text and assign... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: emily
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to echo $variable into txt file?

Hello i tried many times echo $variables into text file with no success for example: echo "#!/bin/sh BBHTAG=RFOCLT_check # What we put in bb-hosts to trigger this test COLUMN=RFOCLT # Name of the column, often same as tag in bb-hosts $BBHOME/bin/bbhostgrep $BBHTAG | while read... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mogabr
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Repeat command with new variable for each line in txt file

Well here is my question. Let's say I have this Script: find /var/mobile/ maxdepth -2 name "$x" >> /"$x".txt The thing is I want to repeat this script and pull out a variable from a text file like this (each line = new variable $x and another run of the whole command) Thanks for... (27 Replies)
Discussion started by: pasc
27 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

SUM semicolon-seperated values from txt-file

Hello, (I'm a shell beginner) how can I sum the bold values of the following txt-file (values.txt) with bash shell. The result of the sum should be written in a new txt file (sum.txt): ... Thanks in advance (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: milu
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Linux Commands needed for replacing variable number of spaces with a single , in a txt file

Hi I want to read a text file and replace various number of spaces between each string in to a single "," or any other character .Please let me know the command to do so. My input file is a txt file which is the output of a SQL table extract so it contains so many spaces between each column of the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hari Prasanth
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

To extract values after the maximum value in a txt file

Hello, I'm new to scripting and I need to write a bash script. Here is example of file on which I'm working: 0.3092381 0.3262799 0.3425480 0.3578379 0.3719490 0.3846908 0.3958855 0.4053738 0.4130160 0.4186991 0.4223357 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jeo_fb
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting values after the maximum value in a txt file

Hello, I'm new to scripting and I need to write a bash script. Here is example of file on which I'm working: 0.3092381 0.3262799 0.3425480 0.3578379 0.3719490 0.3846908 0.3958855 0.4053738 0.4130160 0.4186991 0.4223357 0.4238688 ... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeo_fb
14 Replies
MONO-SERVER2-ADMIN(8)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				     MONO-SERVER2-ADMIN(8)

NAME
mono-server2-admin - mono-server2 hosts file creator, hosts file is part of the debianized mod_mono package SYNOPSIS
mono-server2-admin.conf [action] [args] OPTIONS Actions: add Use 'add' if you want to create an application and want mono-server2 scripts to manage it del If you want to remove an application Args: --path The path where you have your aspx files, MUST EXISTS!, required only with add action --app The name of your application --libs If you have dlls outside your path, you must use this! --port Needed if you are running multiple virtual hosts in different ports in Apache --vhost If you want to add asp.net support to a virtualhost you must use this. Example: foobar.com DESCRIPTION
mono-server2-admin.conf is a perl tool to adminstrate your ASP.NET webapps that will be executed with mod_mono. When you try to add an application, admin.conf will verify that your path exists, if it is, it will add a directory inside /etc/xsp/conf.d with the name of your app, and also as a file with the filename format: 10_appname. This file will have the information (path, app). So, when mono-xsp-update.conf is executed it will read those dirs and create a debian.webapp in /etc/xsp that the xsp daemon will read, also with a mono-server2-hosts.conf that will have your directory settings with apache directives. Apache will read mono-server2-hosts.conf! AUTHOR
Pablo Fischer <pablo@pablo.com.mx> perl v5.14.2 2012-01-18 MONO-SERVER2-ADMIN(8)