Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Dynamic Variable Based on Count Post 302280724 by quirkasaurus on Tuesday 27th of January 2009 12:54:34 PM
Old 01-27-2009
try this:

eval PORT$COUNT="service-object udp $PORTa"

Last edited by quirkasaurus; 01-27-2009 at 01:59 PM.. Reason: oopsy -- don't need that first backslash and dollar

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dynamic naming based on file content

I was just thinking if there is a way where i can dynamically rename files based on the actual file content. I have a load of pdf's which have been named wrongly. (We normally put date first, then brief description, then title) So can a script be written wherin, it pulls out the date and title... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: deaddevil
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dynamic SQL query based on shell script parameters

Hi, I need a script that will run a dynamic Oracle SQL. Dynamic meaning the SQL statement depends on the parameter. For instance, something like this: #!/bin/ksh -x # Set environment . /home/mine/set_vars sqlplus $LOGINID <<! >> /home/mine/log.txt select count(1) from $1 where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: laiko
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to set a variable with a count variable i.e. VARIABLE$COUNT

Hi All I've very nearly finished this script I'm working on but have hit another idiots problem, after googling I can't see a solution for this one. I have a while count loop that checks checks two consecutive values then increments the count by two. What the script has to do is then check... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bashingaway
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help Dynamic looping based on files

Hi I have to run the script (a part of the code) in a loop for the no of times the files present in the directory, by taking one file and process and next another file. For example, if we do ls and the result have: $ls abc.dat def.dat ghi.dat The script code should loop for 3... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: karumudi7
4 Replies

5. Red Hat

Dynamic case creation based on output list from a command

I am attempting to create a script that would allow me to list all the instances associated with a DB2 and then prompt the user to choose which one to issue the db2profile command against. I use the db2 command db2ilist to get a list of the instances for a particular server, but the number of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: slatoms
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dynamic case creation based on output list from a command

I am attempting to create a script that would allow me to list all the instances associated with a DB2 and then prompt the user to choose which one to issue the db2profile command against. I use the db2 command db2ilist to get a list of the instances for a particular server, but the number of... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: slatoms
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing dynamic variable within another variable.

I have a small program which needs to pass variable dynamically to form the name of a second variable whose value wil be passed on to a third variable. ***************** Program Start ****************** LOC1=/loc1 PAT1IN=/loc2 PAT2IN=/loc3 if ; then for fpattern in `cat... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cyril Jos
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Count dynamic words in file

Hello, i want built a log analyzer for nginx. Okay and i use it as training for the shell tools. The most what i want i could relize. But i has trouble with dynamic things. I have the IP address extracted and has set the geo localtion for the ip. I would like to count the countries. With... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sisihagen
3 Replies
vpcd(8) 							     powerman								   vpcd(8)

NAME
vpcd - virtual power control daemon SYNOPSIS
vpcd [--port PORT] DESCRIPTION
vpcd is a test program for PowerMan which emulates a remote power control device. It can be run interactively by the powerman daemon, or it can listen on a port of your choosing. OPTIONS
-p, --port PORT Instructs vpcd to listen for connections on the specified port instead of using stdin/stdout. Only one connection will be accepted. INTERACTIVE COMMANDS
The following commands are available at the vpcd> prompt: login The login command must br run before any of the other commands will work. No username or password is required. logoff Return vpcd to the initial state. stat PLUG|* Show the power status of PLUG. If PLUG is ``*'', perform this action on all plugs. beacon PLUG|* Show the beacon status of PLUG. If PLUG is ``*'', perform this action on all plugs. temp PLUG|* Show the temperature of the node attached to PLUG. If PLUG is ``*'', perform this action on all plugs. spew COUNT Print COUNT 80-char lines. This is the basis of a buffer handling test. on PLUG|* Turn on PLUG. If PLUG is ``*'', perform this action on all plugs. off PLUG|* Turn off PLUG. If PLUG is ``*'', perform this action on all plugs. flash PLUG|* Light the beacon on PLUG. If PLUG is ``*'', perform this action on all plugs. unflash PLUG|* Unlight the beacon on PLUG. If PLUG is ``*'', perform this action on all plugs. reset PLUG|* Reset the node attached to PLUG. If PLUG is ``*'', perform this action on all plugs. FILES
/usr/sbin/vpcd ORIGIN
PowerMan was originally developed by Andrew Uselton on LLNL's Linux clusters. This software is open source and distributed under the terms of the GNU GPL. SEE ALSO
powerman(1), powermand(8), httppower(8), plmpower(8), vpcd(8), powerman.conf(5), powerman.dev(5), powerman-devices(7). http://sourceforge.net/projects/powerman powerman-2.3.5 2009-02-09 vpcd(8)