Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Viewing the commands executed Post 302280642 by otheus on Tuesday 27th of January 2009 10:19:53 AM
Old 01-27-2009
If you are lucky, they might still be in /root/.bash_history or a similar file.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

viewing at job commands

How can I see what at jobs are scheduled. I don't mean using atq or at -l for the jobs, but rather what actual commands are scheduled? For example with at 1940 < at_script, once the job is submitted how do I match the job id to the actual command, ie at_script? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: qanda
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Capturing commands executed by user

Hello Unix Champs, For keeping audit trail, I want to log the commands entered by the normal users, on their terminal into a text file. I tried putting a "script -a username.timestamp.txt" in the user profile file, but script command stops execution when user types exit or presses CTRL+D... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhaven.haria
3 Replies

3. Solaris

I want to know whole day commands executed by particular user

Hi all I want to know the commands executed a by particular user .. for the whole day on my machine. I have checked out with the commad $lastcomm <user> It is throwing an error called: .. /var/adm/pacct: No such file or directory Can u help me in this regard.. Thank U... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: naree
3 Replies

4. Solaris

whole day commands executed by particular user

Hi all I want to know the commands executed a by particular user .. for the whole day on my machine. I have checked out with the commad $lastcomm <user> It is throwing an error called: .. /var/adm/pacct: No such file or directory Can u help me in this regard.. Thank U Naree (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: naree
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How does the internal commands are executed?

Hi all, I am new to unix OS. Commands(external commands) given by the user are examined by shell and later executed by kernel. Now I want to know how the internal(built in) commands are executed. Please clarify whether they are executed directly by shell or by kernel. Thanks in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chaitra
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

multiple commands to be executed at the same time

how to execute more than one command at the same time in unix .. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemaa
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

To inform the executed commands

Dear friends, Whenever I do logout from a session initiated by ssh/su, I need to print a small report which says the login time, logout time, commands got executed.. How can it be done? I know when doing ssh, .profile file will get executed. Shall we do something with the help of it. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nagalenoj
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Commands will be executed using /usr/bin/sh

Hi, how to overcome this warning issue. code: #echo 'ls > /home/rxcprod/a.out' | at -q a now warning: commands will be executed using /usr/bin/sh job 1318943704.a at Tue Oct 18 09:15:04 2011 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tushar_spatil
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to time stamp executed commands?

Hi guys, I am executing a pretty long ksh script and need to time stamp every command which runs inside. Unfortunatly 'echo date' is not the option here. May be someone knows another way or utility which can be used to log executed command and timestamp next to it. Thanks PS I work in ksh88 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aoussenko
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

List commands executed on a server

Hi All, how to list all the commands executed by users on a linux server.... I dont have access to others .bash_history. and i am not root user.. Please help.. Thanks in advance.. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nanz143
6 Replies
trap(1) 							   User Commands							   trap(1)

NAME
trap, onintr - shell built-in functions to respond to (hardware) signals SYNOPSIS
sh trap [ argument n [n2...]] csh onintr [-| label] ksh *trap [ arg sig [ sig2...]] DESCRIPTION
sh The trap command argument is to be read and executed when the shell receives numeric or symbolic signal(s) (n). (Note: argument is scanned once when the trap is set and once when the trap is taken.) Trap commands are executed in order of signal number or corresponding symbolic names. Any attempt to set a trap on a signal that was ignored on entry to the current shell is ineffective. An attempt to trap on signal 11 (memory fault) produces an error. If argument is absent all trap(s) n are reset to their original values. If argument is the null string this signal is ignored by the shell and by the commands it invokes. If n is 0 the command argument is executed on exit from the shell. The trap command with no arguments prints a list of commands associated with each signal number. csh onintr controls the action of the shell on interrupts. With no arguments, onintr restores the default action of the shell on interrupts. (The shell terminates shell scripts and returns to the terminal command input level). With the - argument, the shell ignores all inter- rupts. With a label argument, the shell executes a goto label when an interrupt is received or a child process terminates because it was interrupted. ksh trap uses arg as a command to be read and executed when the shell receives signal(s) sig. (Note that arg is scanned once when the trap is set and once when the trap is taken.) Each sig can be given as a number or as the name of the signal. trap commands are executed in order of signal number. Any attempt to set a trap on a signal that was ignored on entry to the current shell is ineffective. If arg is omitted or is -, then the trap(s) for each sig are reset to their original values. If arg is the null (the empty string, e.g., "" ) string then this signal is ignored by the shell and by the commands it invokes. If sig is ERR then arg will be executed whenever a command has a non- zero exit status. If sig is DEBUG then arg will be executed after each command. If sig is 0 or EXIT for a trap set outside any function then the command arg is executed on exit from the shell. The trap command with no arguments prints a list of commands associated with each signal number. On this man page, ksh(1) commands that are preceded by one or two * (asterisks) are treated specially in the following ways: 1. Variable assignment lists preceding the command remain in effect when the command completes. 2. I/O redirections are processed after variable assignments. 3. Errors cause a script that contains them to abort. 4. Words, following a command preceded by ** that are in the format of a variable assignment, are expanded with the same rules as a vari- able assignment. This means that tilde substitution is performed after the = sign and word splitting and file name generation are not performed. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
csh(1), exit(1), ksh(1), sh(1), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 23 Oct 1994 trap(1)