Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Seperate complicated fields with awk Post 302280634 by sdohn on Tuesday 27th of January 2009 10:08:19 AM
Old 01-27-2009
Seperate complicated fields with awk

Hello, I want to separate fields from an log output like this:

11-JUL-2008 23:14:25 * (CONNECT_DATA=(SERVICE_NAME=WUMMER.IM.HERE.EXELLENT.COM)(CID=(PROGRAM=D:\oracle\product\10.2.0\clien t_1\jdk\jre\bin\java.exe)(HOST=X900005199)(USER=FTET1))) * (ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=45.137.251.223)(PORT=2196)) * establish * WUMMER.IM.HERE.EXELLENT.COM * 0
11-JUL-2008 23:20:20 * (CONNECT_DATA=(SID=P1VPMHAM)(CID=(PROGRAM=)(HOST=__jdbc__)(USER=))) * (ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=133.52.24.148)(PORT=1462)) * establish * WUMMER * 0

into:

$1 = 11-JUL-2008 23:14:25
$2 = (CONNECT_DATA=(SERVICE_NAME=WUMMER.IM.HERE.EXELLENT.COM)
$3= (CID=(PROGRAM=D:\oracle\product\10.2.0\client_1\jdk\jre\bin\java.exe)
$4= (HOST=X900005199)
$5= (USER=FTET1)
$6= (ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)
$7= (HOST=45.137.251.223)
$8= (PORT=2196)

I've tried to play with the FS seperator with mixed results:
awk -F'(*[^(]*)' '{ print $1 " " $2 " " $3 }' listener.log

Anyone an idea for me, I think i need the correct regular expression.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sort complicated two fields

Hi experts, I am trying sort command with my data but still not getting the expected results. For example, I have 5 fields data here c,18:12:45,c,c,c d,12:34:34,d,d,d a,13:50:10,a,a,a b,13:50:50,b,b,b a,13:50:50,a,a,a b,14:10:01,b,b,b c,10:12:45,c,c,c I want to get ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lalelle
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to awk a data from seperate lines

Hi guys, i have a problem which im hoping you will be able to help me with. I have follwing output :- ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- NSTEP = 407000 TIME(PS) = 43059.000 TEMP(K) = 288.46 PRESS = 0.0 Etot = -2077.4322 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mish_99
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk to seperate a string that has a dash

Hello I have this string XYZ-ABC DFT-ERT QWE-TYU I want to get the part after the dash. how to do that? thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: melanie_pfefer
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk sed cut? to rearrange random number of fields into 3 fields

I'm working on formatting some attendance data to meet a vendors requirements to upload to their system. With some help on the forums here, I have the data close. But they've since changed what they want. The vendor wants me to submit three fields to them. Field 1 is the studentid field,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: axo959
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk and duplicate lines - little complicated

So I've got problem which continues on my previous one (from few months ago: unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/171764-delete-duplicate-lines-twist.html ). Good, proven, working solutions for that old problem are those: awk '{cur=$0; gsub(/]/, "", cur); if (!a++) print}'and awk... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shadowww
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Join fields comparing 4 fields using awk

Hi All, I am looking for an awk script to do the following Join the fields together only if the first 4 fields are same. Can it be done with join function in awk?? a,b,c,d,8,,, a,b,c,d,,7,, a,b,c,d,,,9, a,b,p,e,8,,, a.b,p,e,,9,, a,b,p,z,,,,9 a,b,p,z,,8,, desired output: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aksijain
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print 1st field and last 2 fields together and the rest of the fields after it using awk?

Hi experts, I need to print the first field first then last two fields should come next and then i need to print rest of the fields. Input : a1,abc,jsd,fhf,fkk,b1,b2 a2,acb,dfg,ghj,b3,c4 a3,djf,wdjg,fkg,dff,ggk,d4,d5 Expected output: a1,b1,b2,abc,jsd,fhf,fkk... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: 100bees
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - compare 1st 15 fields of record with 20 fields

I'm trying to compare 2 files for differences in a selct number of fields. When differnces are found it will write the whole record of the second file including appending '|C' out to a delta file. Each record will have 20 fields, but only want to do comparison of 1st 15 fields. The 1st field of... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sljnk
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk sort based on difference of fields and print all fields

Hi I have a file as below <field1> <field2> <field3> ... <field_num1> <field_num2> Trying to sort based on difference of <field_num1> and <field_num2> in desceding order and print all fields. I tried this and it doesn't sort on the difference field .. Appreciate your help. cat... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: newstart
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to filter file based on seperate conditions

The below awk will filter a list of 30,000 lines in the tab-delimited file. What I am having trouble with is adding a condition to SVTYPE=CNV that will only print that line if CI= must be >.05 . The other condition to add is if SVTYPE=Fusion, then in order to print that line READ_COUNT must... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
3 Replies
RADSQLRELAY(8)						     FreeRADIUS helper program						    RADSQLRELAY(8)

NAME
radsqlrelay - relay SQL queries to a central database server SYNOPSIS
radsqlrelay [-?] [-d sql_driver] [-b database] [-f file] [-h host] [-u user] [-P port] [-p password] [-1] [-x] file_path DESCRIPTION
radsqlrelay tails a SQL logfile and forwards the queries to a database server. Used to replicate accounting records to one (central) data- base, even if the database has extended downtime. The SQL logfile is created by the rlm_sql_log module. The module must be configured in the radiusd server before you can use radsqlrelay. OPTIONS
-? Print usage help information. -d sql_driver Driver to use: mysql, pg, oracle. -b database Name of the database to use. -f file Read password from file, instead of command line. -h host Connect to host. -u user User for login. -P port Port number to use for connection. -p password Password to use when connecting to server. -1 One-shot mode: push the file to database and exit. -x Turn on debugging. file_path The pathname of the SQL logfile to use. NOTES
Oracle driver The command "radsqlrelay -d oracle -b db.domain.tld sql-relay" reads the database description stored in $TNS_ADMIN/tnsnames.ora: db.domain.tld = (DESCRIPTION = (ADDRESS_LIST = (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = db.domain.tld)(PORT = 1521)) ) (CONNECT_DATA = (SERVICE_NAME = <DB SID>) ) ) SEE ALSO
rlm_sql_log(5) AUTHOR
Nicolas Baradakis <nicolas.baradakis@cegetel.net> 19 June 2005 RADSQLRELAY(8)