Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting File Move Based on 1st Character of File Name Post 302280540 by Franklin52 on Tuesday 27th of January 2009 08:05:25 AM
Old 01-27-2009
Another one:

Code:
#!/bin/sh

dir="/images/main"

for file in *.jpg
do
  sd="$dir"/`echo "$file"|cut -c 1`
  mkdir -p "$sd"
  mv "$file" "$sd"
done

Regards

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to copy/move to a file with a special character as the 1st char in the filename?

I am trying to create files with special characters in its filenames for testing purposes. This is on a Linux RHEL4 but this should also be applicable on a Unix shell. I am able to create files with special characters in the filenames...e.g. cp -pv foo.gif \*special.gif cp -pv foo.gif \... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sqa777
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to move a file based on size

Hi All, I have some files in a directory. If the file size is 0 i want to move the file to new directory using unix script. Can anyone help me in this regard Thanks Vinny (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinny81
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Move file based on filename

Hi All I need a script to manipulate files based on a filename: example filename: 66600_042706.pdf the script will create a directory 66000 only if this directory is not existing. If that directory is existing it will just move the file to 66000/666000_042706.pdf in addition, i want to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aemestech
4 Replies

4. Fedora

Move file based time stamp

Hi all, I've already tired to try to solved this problem. Also search in Internet didn't find anything solution I have a directory like this : # pwd /opt/projects/juventini # ls -al | more total 3627460 drwxr-xr-x 2 app apps 12472320 Sep 24 14:59 . drwxr-xr-x 11 app apps 4096 Jun... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunardo
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Move input file based on condition

Hello, I have File1 in a directory A, a File2 in a directory B. If the File2 is not empty Then I have to move File1 from directory A to a directory archive Else no action. Is it possible to do this from one command line? Thank you in advance for your answers. Madi (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AngelMady
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

File character adjustment based on specific character

i have a reqirement to adjust the data in a file based on a perticular character the sample data is as below 483PDEAN CORRIGAN 52304037528955WAGES 50000 89BP ABCD MASTER352 5434604223735428 4200 58BP SOUTHERN WA848 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pema.yozer
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to replace character in a file based on another file.?

Hi Gurus, I have really hard job need you guys to help. i have two files one is data file, one is instruction file like below 0000000010000233154825032720204abc BC15 0000000010000233154825032720204defg DB15 1 9 o 10 6 r 16 5 o 21 10 r 31 the requirement is based... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ken6503
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

File Move based on date

how to move file based on date in linux (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: syedzoniac
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need to combine two lines in a file based on first character of each line in a file

Hi, I have a requirement where I need to combine two lines in a file based on first character of each line in a file. Please find the sample content of the file below: Code: _______________________ 5, jaya, male, 4-5-90, single smart 6, prakash, male, 5-4-84, married fair 7, raghavi,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jayaP
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Need to combine two lines in a file based on first character of each line in a file

Hi, I have a requirement where I need to combine two lines in a file based on first character of each line in a file. Please find the sample content of the file below: Code: _______________________ 5, jaya, male, 4-5-90, single smart 6, prakash, male, 5-4-84, married fair 7, raghavi,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jayaP
1 Replies
OCAMLMKLIB(1)						      General Commands Manual						     OCAMLMKLIB(1)

NAME
ocamlmklib - generate libraries with mixed C / Caml code. SYNOPSIS
ocalmklib [options] files DESCRIPTION
The ocamlmklib command facilitates the construction of libraries containing both Caml code and C code, and usable both in static linking and dynamic linking modes. OPTIONS
-h, --help Show summary of options. -cclib lib C library passed to ocamlc -a or ocamlopt(1) -a only. -ccopt opt C option passed to ocamlc(1) -a or ocamlopt(1) -a only. -custom Disable dynamic loading. -dllpath dir Add dir to the run-time search path for DLLs. -I dir Add dir to the path searched for Caml object files. -failsafe Fall back to static linking if DLL construction failed. -ldopt opt C option passed to the shared linker only. -linkall Build Caml archive with link-all behavior. -llib Specify a dependent C library. -Ldir Add dir to the path searched for C libraries. -ocamlc cmd Use cmd in place of ocamlc(1). -ocamlopt cmd Use cmd in place of ocamlopt(1). -o name Generated Caml library is named name.cma or name.cmxa. -oc name Generated C library is named dllname.so or libname.a. -rpath dir Same as -dllpath dir. -Rdir Same as -rpath. -verbose Print commands before executing them. -Wl, -rpath dir Same as -dllpath dir. -Wl, -rpath -Wl dir Same as -dllpath dir. -Wl, -Rdir Same as -dllpath dir. -Fdir Specify a framework directory (MacOSX). -framework name Use framework name (MacOSX). SEE ALSO
ocamlc(1), ocamlopt(1). AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Samuel Mimram <samuel.mimram@ens-lyon.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). August 19, 2004 OCAMLMKLIB(1)