Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Problem with signal handler and interrupted system call Post 302280474 by soeckel on Tuesday 27th of January 2009 04:14:37 AM
Old 01-27-2009
That did it.
I totally missed to consider and change the error handling for the ioctls...

Thanks from Garmisch to Tirol

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script signal handler

AIX 4.3.3 I am trying to write a signal handler into a ksh shell script. I would like to capture the SIGTERM, SIGINT, and the SIGTSTP signals, print out a message to the terminal, and continue executing the script. I have found a way to block the signals: #! /bin/ksh SIGTERM=15 SIGINT=2... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jalburger
2 Replies

2. Programming

sigwait system call in UNIX signal

Hi Everybody, I have gone through man of sigwait and new to UNIX signals. Could anyone explain me about the following lines mentioned in sigwait man help ? "The selection of a signal in set is independent of the signal mask of the calling thread or LWP. This means a thread or LWP can ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: md7ahuja
1 Replies

3. Programming

signal handler for SIGCHLD

Hi, I have an c++ application which uses the function fork and execvp(). The parent does not wait until the child ends. The parents just creates children and let them do their stuff. You can see the parent program as a batch-manager. I have added a SIGCHLD handler to the program: void... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jens
3 Replies

4. Programming

signal handler problems

Hey guys, I am trying to write a little shell, and was writing a signal handler to handle SIGINT (I am using 'stty intr ^C' and using ctrl-C to give SIGINT). I wrote this signal handler: void handle_sigint() { write(2,"handling sigint\n",16); write(1,"\nshell% ",8); } ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: blowtorch
4 Replies

5. Programming

Runaway SIGALRM signal handler

I have written a program to demonstrate a problem I have encountered when using BSD style asynchronous input using the O_ASYNC flag in conjunction with a real time interval timer sending regular SIGALRM signals to the program. The SIGIO handler obeys all safe practices, using only an atomic update... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: stewartw
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl - Problems with Signal Handler

I have a problem with signal handlers not working. I have a long 1000 line code and somehow this code for signal handling is not working: $SIG{INT} = \&interrupt; sub interrupt { print STDERR "Caught a control c!\n"; exit; # or just about anything else you'd want to do } Any... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: som.nitk
2 Replies

7. Programming

Signal Handler Hangs

Hi, I have a problem with signal handler algorithm in linux. My code is hanging ( It is continuously looping inside the signal handler) . I am pasting my code here... Please provide me some help regarding this. I googled many places and wrote this code.. but doesnt seem to be working without... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sree_ec
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Signal Handler

I was working on some Perl code that does signal handling and I came across this one liner and wasn't sure what it was doing. local $SIG{__DIE__} = sub {$! = 2; die $_;}; I think the first part of the anonymous subroutine is setting $! to 2, but I am not sure what the second part is doing. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SFNYC
1 Replies

9. Programming

problem in doing coding of signal handler

i m unble to execute code of signal handler using a) Wait b) Waitpid (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: madhura
1 Replies

10. Programming

Serial port signal(IRQ) handler (using C)

Hello, I'm writing some serial(UART) handler but have stuck on few issues, maybe anyone can help to show me what I'm doing wrong. Basically I'm intending to write serial RX signal handler. Application receives defined packages of data over serial which contains header and payload. Handler... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lauris_k
3 Replies
xna(4)							     Kernel Interfaces Manual							    xna(4)

Name
       xna - DEBNI and DEMNA Ethernet interfaces

Syntax
       device xna0 at vaxbi? node? vector xnaintr (DEBNI)
       device xna0 at xmi? node? vector xnaintr (DEMNA)

Description
       The  driver provides access to a 10 Mbytes Ethernet network through the DEBNI and DEMNA adapters.  The DEBNI is an Ethernet to BI bus.  The
       DEMNA is an Ethernet to XMI adapter.

The host's Internet address is specified at boot time with an SIOCSIFADDR ioctl.  The driver employs the Address  Resolution  Protocol,	as
       described in to map dynamically between Internet and Ethernet addresses on the local network.

The  driver normally tries to use a trailer encapsulation to minimize copying data on input and output.	This can be disabled for an inter-
       face by setting the IFF_NOTRAILERS flag with an SIOCSIFFLAGS ioctl.  Trailers are used only for packets destined for Internet hosts.

The SIOCSPHYSADDR ioctl can be used to change the physical address of the adapter and SIOCRPHYSADDR  can  be  used  to  read  its  physical
       address.   SIOCADDMULTI	and  SIOCDELMULTI can be used to add or delete multicast addresses.  The driver supports a maximum of 12 multicast
       addresses. The argument to the latter ioctls is a pointer to an ``ifreq'' structure found in

SIOCRDCTRS and SIOCRDZCTRS ioctls can be used to read or read and clear network counters. The argument  to  the	latter	two  ioctls  is  a
       pointer to a counter structure ``ctrreq'' found in

The ioctls SIOCENABLBACK and SIOCDISABLBACK can be used to enable and disable the interface loopback mode.

Restrictions
       The PUP protocol family is not supported.

Diagnostics
       xna%d: port self-test failed:<register list>
       Adapter did not pass the power-up self-test during autoconfiguration time. The port attachment fails.

xna%d: couldn't allocate...
       The driver was unable to allocate memory for adapter data structures.  The port attachment fails.

xna%d: port probe failed:<register list>
       The driver was unable to bring the adapter into the initialized state.  The port attachment fails.

xna%d: port init failed:<register list>
       The driver failed to prepare the adapter for runtime use.

xna%d: port state changed, resetting:<register list>
       The adapter issued a port state change interrupt. The port state is reset.

xna%d: port reset failed
       The driver was unable to bring the adapter into the initialized state during a port reset.

xna%d: command failed, error code:<error code>
       The adapter port command failed. The error code gives reason for failure.

xna%d: couldn't handle af%d
       A packet with an undefined protocol type has been sent to the adapter.

xna%d: addmulti failed, multicast list full
       Too many multicast requests have been made.

See Also
       arp(4p), inet(4f), intro(4n)

xna(4)