Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Recv() call with timer(time out ) Post 302280472 by Rohil on Tuesday 27th of January 2009 04:01:36 AM
Old 01-27-2009
Recv() call with timer(time out )

Hi all,
I am facing a problem in recv() system call i.e.. in my project i have to implement timer for sending (data) and resending purpose when there is no acknowledgement.

is there any way that recv() sys call has its own timer i.e., for ex: recv() has to wait for 10 secs.

if any one knows plz help me.
waiting for ur reply.

byee.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Measuring System Call Time

Can anyone please help me in measuring the system call timings! How do I do it if I have to measure the timing of an operation, say getpid system call. What different functions can I use for that and what would be the difference using each of them? Thanx! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chacha
3 Replies

2. Programming

recv() problems using AIX 4.33

I am opening a server socket on one of our machines and connection to it on the other machine. After making the connection if ether one of the systems does a recv() and ther is no data to receive then the buffer is filled with spaces and returns. I have no way of knowing if it is valid or not. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hazard0007
1 Replies

3. Programming

Fork() system call time?

One more question. How can i calculate the time that system needs to make fork() system call? I need to make it with times function but i really don't know how. :( (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: davidoff
2 Replies

4. Programming

ABOUT RECV() SYSTEM CALL (regarding timer)

Hi all, I am facing a problem in recv() system call i.e.. in my project i have to implement timer for sending (data) and resending purpose when there is no acknowledgement. is there any way that recv() sys call has its own timer i.e., for ex: recv() has to wait for 10 secs. if any... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rohil
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

need to call 3 stored procedure at the same time

Hi GUYS, I need to trigger 3 stored procedure at the same time.. I know how to trigger the stored procedure. If anybody can tell me how to trigger 3 different process at the same time parallelly.. that would be helpful.. Thanks for your help in advance, Magesh (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mac4rfree
1 Replies

6. IP Networking

regarding recv function

hi, the syntax of recv function is: int recv( int sockfd, void *buffer, int length, unsigned int flags); Suppose i declared a buffer of size 100 ,then length to be specified in recv function is sizeof(buffer) or sizeof(buffer)-1 ( i.e 100 or 99) thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kavitha rao
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Call procedure multiple time

Hi, I have following script which calls sql to create staging table.How do I call load_data_to_oracle() multiple times so that it creates 4 staging as follows. 1.t1_rpt_1day_stg 2.t1_rpt_7day_stg 3.t1_rpt_30day_stg 4.t1_rpt_CTD_stg --shell script load_data_to_oracle() { #... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandy162
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script from makefile - it is called each time i call make

I've created a tag in the makefile: mytag: $(shell ${PWD}/script.sh) When i do: make clean - the script is executed When i perform make or make mytag the script is again executed with the output: make: Nothing to be done for mytag What i want ? I want script.sh to be executed only... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pufo
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Xt timer call, XtAppAddTimeout, hangs on system clock jump backwards

Hi, I've got an issue which I've been 'google-fu'ing without much luck. We have a legacy program which has been plagued by an issue for a long time and I've been tasked to investigate/fix. The program uses XMotif2.1 (required due to dependency on an old GUI designer) and runs on a RHEL7... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: altrefrain
4 Replies