Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Reading and printing one by one contents of a file Post 302280427 by Aditya.Gurgaon on Monday 26th of January 2009 10:38:33 PM
Old 01-26-2009
Reading and printing one by one contents of a file

I have a file which has following contents:

localhost_IP_SIP_1233026552455.xml
localhost_IP_SIP_1233026552460.xml
localhost_IP_SIP_1233026552467.xml
localhost_IP_SIP_1233026552759.xml
localhost_IP_SIP_1233026552969.xml
localhost_IP_SIP_1233026552975.xml
localhost_IP_SIP_1233026552981.xml

I want to print the content one by one......

Can any one please help me ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading specific contents from a file and appending it to another file

Hi, I need to write a shell script (ksh) to read contents starting at a specific location from one file and append the contents at specific location in another file. Please find below the contents of the source file that I need to read the contents from, File 1 -----# more... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dnicky
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in reading a file horizontally and printing vertically

Hi Every body, I have file which has enttries, with each 5 entries as a set of entries, I would like to read the file (line by line) and print five entries of a set vertically, the next entry should come in the next line. Example: cat sample_file I am a Unix Adminsitrator new to shell... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aruveiv
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Printing File Contents Using AWK

I want to print the contents of a file from 2nd line to last but one line using the AWK command. I tried using the Shell Script,MyScript as fallows: MyScript: { if(NR>1) { if(NR<9) { print $0 } } } and used the commnd : awk -f MyScript Filename Note: Filename contains 9 lines text.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashok.g
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading file contents until a keyword

Hi Guys, I need to read a file until I find a blank line. and in the next iteration I want to continue reading from the line I find a keyword. For ex: my file looks like PDS_JOB_ALIAS CRITERIA_ITEM_TYPE PDS_JOB_CRITERIA_ITEM CRITERIA_ITEM_TYPE First I want to read the file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: infintenumbers
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Printing the contents of a file in a script with added chars

I have the contents of file1 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 i'm trying to figure out how to add chars to them so it would display as this, if it's possible 1 . 2 . 3 \ 4 . 5 . 6 \ 7 . 8 . 9 \ thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: austing5
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Looping/Reading file contents not working

Hi, I am doing something basic, but I am missing something. Im trying to read the contents of a file and taking those values and connecting to a database. However, it only connect to one (or reads in) value and then exists. Here is what it looks like: listname.txt db1 db2 db3 Script:... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: DBnixUser
15 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading the contents of the file and splitting using ksh

We're using a ksh script for installing one product. I've another config file, I'd need to read this configuration file from my main script Content of the Configuration file:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bittu129
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract both contents from a html file and do printing

Hi there, Print IP Address: grep 'HostID :' 10.244.9.124\ nessus.html | awk -F '<br>' '{print $12}' | tr -s ' ' | awk -F ':' '{print "<tr><td>" $2 "</td><td>"}' Print Respective Ports: grep 'classsubsection\|./tcp\|./udp' 10.244.9.124\ nessus.html | grep -v 'h2.classsubsection... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alvinoo
3 Replies

9. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

sed replace file contents by reading from another file

Hello, My input file1 is like this by tab-delimited chr1 mm10_knownGene stop_codon 3216022 3216024 0.000000 - . gene_id "uc007aeu.1"; transcript_id "uc007aeu.1"; chr1 mm10_knownGene CDS 3216025 3216968 0.000000 - 2 gene_id "uc007aeu.1"; transcript_id "uc007aeu.1"; ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh Script, Reading A File, Grepping A File Contents In Another File

So I'm stumped. First... APOLOGIES... my work is offline in an office that has zero internet connectivity, as required by our client. If need be, I could print out my script attempts and retype them here. But on the off chance... here goes. I have a text file (file_source) of terms, each line... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Brusimm
3 Replies
XMLPRETTY(1p)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					     XMLPRETTY(1p)

NAME
xmlpretty - XML pretty printer SYNOPSIS
xmlpretty [--options] [filename] DESCRIPTION
xmlpretty is the commandline interface to XML::Handler::YAWriter, acting as a tool to add and remove pretty printing to XML files. xmlpretty has several methods to add human readablitiy. If you want to add readablity without adding so-called ignorable whitespace, use it in the following way : $ xmlpretty --AddHiddenNewline --AddHiddenAttrTab --CatchEmptyElement uglyfile.xml > prettyfile.xml If you do not want to process the file further, but only want it human readable, add visible whitespace to the file as follows : $ xmlpretty --PrettyWhiteNewline --PrettyWhiteIndent --CatchEmptyElement uglyfile.xml > prettyfile.xml You may use YAWriter to clean whitespace from XML documents. This may work in 99% of the cases where you want to get rid of ignorable whitespace caused by the various forms of pretty printing. $ xmlpretty --NoWhiteSpace --NoComments --AddHiddenNewline --AddHiddenAttrTab --CatchEmptyElement prettyfile.xml > cleanfile.xml Options Options are given in a gnu like --option idiom. AddHiddenNewline boolean Add hidden newline before ">" AddHiddenAttrTab boolean Add hidden tabulation for attributes CatchEmptyElement boolean Catch empty Elements, apply "/>" compression CatchWhiteSpace boolean Catch whitespace with comments IsSGML boolean This option will cause start_document, processing_instruction and doctype_decl to appear as SGML. The SGML is still well-formed of course, if your SAX events are well-formed. NoComments boolean Supress Comments NoDTD boolean Supress DTD NoPI boolean Supress Processing Instructions NoProlog boolean Supress <?xml ... ?> Prolog NoWhiteSpace boolean Supress WhiteSpace to clean documents from prior pretty printing. PrettyWhiteIndent boolean Add visible indent before any eventstring PrettyWhiteNewline boolean Add visible newlines before any eventstring SAX1 boolean (not yet implemented) Output only SAX1 compilant eventstrings Bugs: Automatic recoding between 8bit and 16bit does not yet work correctly ! I have Perl-5.6 at home and here I can specify "use utf8;" in the right places to make recoding work. But I dislike saying "use 5.00555;" because many systems run 5.00503. AUTHOR
Michael Koehne, Kraehe@Copyleft.De Thanks "Derksen, Eduard (Enno), CSCIO" <enno@att.com> helped me with the Escape hash and gave quite a lot of useful comments. SEE ALSO
perl and XML::Parser::PerlSAX perl v5.10.1 2010-02-18 XMLPRETTY(1p)