Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: SCP -r from Secure FTP site
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers SCP -r from Secure FTP site Post 302280353 by cpabrego on Monday 26th of January 2009 03:45:50 PM
Old 01-26-2009
Thanks for the info guys, I did not realize the host was required to enable ssh. They very well could be the issue, I can verify thanks!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

looking for a secure copy program (scp)

Hi could someone tell me where to find a secure copy prog. for unix and windows thnx a lot helios (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: helios
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to use SCP (secure copy) in UNIX

i have to transfer a file from one server to another. say, my script is running on server 'A' and one file has to be transferred from server 'A' to server 'B' using SCP. i am using it as: sourceserverA> scp -P <port> userid@serverBhostname:/put/this/here <sourcefile path> but it is giving... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dharmesht
1 Replies

3. HP-UX

ftp to secure server

How to ftp file to secure server. Can somebody pls guide. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rkkiran
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SCP - Secure copy with Certificates exchange.

Will an scp command always copy the files in an encrypted mode? After trying this, I have got message Host Key not found in the database. & Unable to write host key in my user directory. Please anyone has an idea, how we can have secure copy with certificates exchanged successfully? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: videsh77
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Secure method - get files - no ssh/scp

I have two servers. server 1 - secure server running ssh only on solaris 9. I can installed whatever I need here as long as its reasonably secure server 2 - running telnet (no ssh/scp installed) - I cannot change much on this server and cannot install much.. I need to pull some files from... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Secure FTP Problem using Sun SSH on Client system F-Secure on Server system

I am using shell script to do secure ftp. I have done key file setup to do password less authentication. Following are the FTP Details: FTP Client has Sun SSH. FTP Server has F-Secure. I am using SCP Command to do secure copy files. When I am doing this, I am getting the foll error scp:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ftpguy
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Setup Secure FTP

Hi All, Please help me to setup the secure Ftp. I want to build a ftp which should ask the Login id and password, and one thing more a particular login should be enable to read/write only his/her directory i.e,s a user should not be able to open the other directories in the ftp.Please help me... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: akhtar.bhat
1 Replies

8. AIX

How to secure ftp in AIX

Hi, the default ftp that comes with AIX5L is not secured as far as i know. How to install and use the secured FTP in AIX? Linux these days uses vsftpd daemon(very secured FTP daemon) is there VSFTPD for AIX? if there is any where can i download it from? thanks and regards Pchangba (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pchangba
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Secure Copy (SCP) command

Hi, I am in the process of converting ftp transfres to SCP in my scripts. Have some doubts with SCP command 1) currently script puts a list of ftp commands in afile and paasses the file to ftp as input echo "user abc pwd" >inputfile echo "ls *" >> inputfile echo "quit" >> inputfile... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: justchill
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Secure Copy, scp

Is there a way we can avoid asking of password when we transfer file from one Unix server to another server using SCP command. Or Is is possible that the batch file in unix in which I am giving the SCP command takes the password and transfer the files automatically without me typing the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Pash
1 Replies
filezilla(1)							 FileZilla Manual						      filezilla(1)

NAME
FileZilla - FTP client SYNOPSIS
filezilla filezilla [-l <logontype>] <FTP URL> filezilla -h|-s|-v filezilla -c <site> DESCRIPTION
FileZilla is a powerful client for plain FTP, FTP over SSL/TLS (FTPS) and the SSH File Transfer Protocol (SFTP). OPTIONS
-c <site>, --site <site> Connect to the given site from the Site Manager. Site has to be given as complete path, with a slash as separation character. Any slash or backslash that is part of a segment has to be escaped with a backslash. Path has to be prefixed with 0 for user defined entries or 1 for default entries. Site path may not contain double quotation marks. Example: filezilla -c 0/foo/bar/sl/ash connects to the user site sl/ash in the site directory foo/bar May not be used together with -s nor with URL parameter. -h, --help Displays a help dialog listing these commandline options. -l <logontype>, --logontype <logontype> Set a special logontype, can only be used in combination with a FTP URL as argument. Logontype has to be either ask or interactive. If -l isn't given, the normal logontype is used. -s, --sitemanager Start with Site Manager opened. May not be used together with -c nor with URL parameter. -v, --version Display version number of FileZilla. ENVIRONMENT
The FZ_DATADIR environment variable can be used to specify the directory containing FileZilla's data files. SUPPORT
Please visit http://filezilla-project.org/ for further information. Report bugs only if you are using the latest version available from the FileZilla website. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2004-2010 Tim Kosse FileZilla is distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License version 2 or later. SEE ALSO
fzdefaults.xml(5) April 2008 filezilla(1)