Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Match the records in two files. Post 302280347 by jim mcnamara on Monday 26th of January 2009 03:32:37 PM
Old 01-26-2009
Code:
awk ' FILENAME=="A" {arr[$0]++}
        FILENAME=="B" { if ($0 in arr) {print $0} } '  A   B  > duplicate.lis

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Match the string and copy records to another location

Hi, I have particular set of files which have the below contents: ****** PBX TYPE:ID6 PBX-id: A11 rolled on 123456 368763 00 >>>>>> A11,2008-07-01 21:31:00.000,42,42112, ,XXXXXXXX A11,2008-07-01 21:40:00.000,6, , ,XXXXXXX A12,2008-07-01 21:53:00.000,68, , ,XXXXXXXX... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: bsandeep_80
12 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK, print no of records after pattern match.

Hi ALL :). i have a file, cat 3 + dog 5 + rat 6 - i want to print no of record having pattern "+". thanks in advance :confused:. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: admax
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk partial match and filter records

Hi, I am having file which contains around 15 columns, i need to fetch column 3,12,14 based on the condition that column 3 starts with 40464 this is the sample data how to achieve that (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aemunathan
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract data from records that match pattern

Hi Guys, I have a file as follows: a b c 1 2 3 4 pp gg gh hh 1 2 fm 3 4 g h i j k l m 1 2 3 4 d e f g h j i k l 1 2 3 f 3 4 r t y u i o p d p re 1 2 3 f 4 t y w e q w r a s p a 1 2 3 4 I am trying to extract all the 2's from each row. 2 is just an example... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: npatwardhan
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match records from multiple files

Hi, I have 3 tab delimited text files which look like this. File1: PROTEINID DESCRIPTION PEPTIDES FRAMES GB://115298678 _gi_115298678_ref_NP_000055.2_ complement C3 precursor 45 55 GB://4502027 _gi_4502027_ref_NP_000468.1_ serum albumin preproprotein 34 73 Entrez://strain 11128 /... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vavad
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting duplicate records from file 1 if records from file 2 match

I have 2 files "File 1" is delimited by ";" and "File 2" is delimited by "|". File 1 below (3 record shown): Doc1;03/01/2012;New York;6 Main Street;Mr. Smith 1;Mr. Jones Doc2;03/01/2012;Syracuse;876 Broadway;John Davis;Barbara Lull Doc3;03/01/2012;Buffalo;779 Old Windy Road;Charles... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vestport
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare two files with different number of records and output only the Extra records from file1

Hi Freinds , I have 2 files . File 1 |nag|HYd|1|Che |esw|Gun|2|hyd |pra|bhe|3|hyd |omu|hei|4|bnsj |uer|oeri|5|uery File 2 |nag|HYd|1|Che |esw|Gun|2|hyd |uer|oi|3|uery output : (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: i150371485
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to match field between two files and use conditions on match

I am trying to look for $2 of file1 (skipping the header) in $2 of file2 (skipping the header) and if they match and the value in $10 is > 30 and $11 is > 49, then print the line from file1 to a output file. If no match is foung the line is not printed. Both the input and output are tab-delimited.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace multiple positions in records which match crireria

I have a test file a.txt 001 123 456 789 002 This is just a 001 test data 003 file. I want to clear columns 5 and 6 if the first 3 characters are 001 using awk. I tried following but does not work. Any suggestions? awk 'BEGIN{OFS=FS=""} {if (substr($0,1,3)=="123") $5=" "; $6="... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: Soham
20 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Data match 2 files based on first 2 columns matching only and join if match

Hi, i have 2 files , the data i need to match is in masterfile and i need to pull out column 3 from master if column 1 and 2 match and output entire row to new file I have tried with join and awk and i keep getting blank outputs or same file is there an easier way than what i am... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: axis88
4 Replies
auditstat(1M)						  System Administration Commands					     auditstat(1M)

NAME
auditstat - display kernel audit statistics SYNOPSIS
auditstat [-c count] [-h numlines] [-i interval] [-n] [-v] DESCRIPTION
auditstat displays kernel audit statistics. The fields displayed are as follows: aud The total number of audit records processed by the audit(2) system call. ctl This field is obsolete. drop The total number of audit records that have been dropped. Records are dropped according to the kernel audit policy. See auditon(2), AUDIT_CNT policy for details. enq The total number of audit records put on the kernel audit queue. gen The total number of audit records that have been constructed (not the number written). kern The total number of audit records produced by user processes (as a result of system calls). mem The total number of Kbytes of memory currently in use by the kernel audit module. nona The total number of non-attributable audit records that have been constructed. These are audit records that are not attributable to any particular user. rblk The total number of times that the audit queue has blocked waiting to process audit data. tot The total number of Kbytes of audit data written to the audit trail. wblk The total number of times that user processes blocked on the audit queue at the high water mark. wrtn The total number of audit records written. The difference between enq and wrtn is the number of outstanding audit records on the audit queue that have not been written. OPTIONS
-c count Display the statistics a total of count times. If count is equal to zero, statistics are displayed indefinitely. A time interval must be specified. -h numlines Display a header for every numlines of statistics printed. The default is to display the header every 20 lines. If numlines is equal to zero, the header is never displayed. -i interval Display the statistics every interval where interval is the number of seconds to sleep between each collection. -n Display the number of kernel audit events currently configured. -v Display the version number of the kernel audit module software. EXIT STATUS
auditstat returns 0 upon success and 1 upon failure. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
auditconfig(1M), praudit(1M), bsmconv(1M), audit(2), auditon(2), attributes(5) NOTES
The functionality described in this man page is available only if the Basic Security Module (BSM) has been enabled. See bsmconv(1M) for more information. SunOS 5.11 11 Feb 2008 auditstat(1M)