Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: RAM is not being utilized
Operating Systems Linux RAM is not being utilized Post 302280259 by jayfriend on Monday 26th of January 2009 11:07:16 AM
Old 01-26-2009
RAM is not being utilized

Hi All,

I installed CentOs on my PC (it has 1 GB of RAM). I see that only 200MB of RAM is being utilized on average but its very slow. Please let me know how do I improve the performance. Is there a way to set the RAM utilization/usage on CentOS.

Thank you

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Command for RAM

folks, hows everyone? just upgraded my laptop running on solaris 10 by adding some extra RAM. I did notice some improvement (increase in speed) but could not be certain the new RAM has been accepted and all is well (was concerned a bit as i almost broke it while installing :-)) and didnt get any... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alikun
4 Replies

2. AIX

Know RAM and CPU

Dear How i can know the ( RAM and CPU ) on unix. we use AIX operating system. This is for security purposes. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: abu_hassan
10 Replies

3. Solaris

solaris server resources utilized

Hi i have a requirement when i have to check the solaris 9 os resources utilised by the applications( Oracle, veritas cluster, veritas net backup ) what are the commands i should use or any utility to check the resources Regards (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: maooah
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to know RAM size

Hi can anyone please help me, how to know RAM specification in unix? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: palash2k
4 Replies

5. Red Hat

red hat Linux 5.0 is detecting 3gb ram but physical ram is 16gb

Hi, On server 64bit Hw Arch , Linux 5.0(32bit) is installed it is showing only 3gb of ram though physical is 16gb can u give me idea why? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
4 Replies

6. Linux

Ram Usage

Hi one of our applications that runs on our Linux server leaks memory resulting in Ram that was used by the program not being released back to the operating system once a file has been processed. the result is over a very short period virtual all the memory has been used. an example currently ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: treds
8 Replies

7. Red Hat

RAM Size

Can anyone let me know whether there is a command to know the RAM capacity in GB? I have tried cat /proc/meminfo and free.But its not in GB. I need to use it in script. Thanks and Regards (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rupaa
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to find Disk utilized processes.

I have written a script that triggers a mail if the server load average goes beyond a specific value. The mail contains following field Current Load average. Top 10 CPU utilized processes. ps -auxf | sort -nr -k 3 | head -10 Top 10 Memory Utilized processes. ps -auxf | sort -nr -k 4 | head... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pinga123
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Unable to find utilized disk space on zone server.

Hi, I am unable to find remaining space on solaris 10. below is output. I am facing this issue on zone server. bash-3.00# df -h / Filesystem size used avail capacity Mounted on / 59G 59G 0K 100% / bash-3.00# pwd / bash-3.00# du -sh * 1K File_Stores 19K TT_DB 9K app 1K bin... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Want to update the RAM

hi, i m working on my ubuntu 12.10 i wanted to update my desktop's RAM. so kindly let me know how i get below details (thru commands in terminal) 1) what is the processor am using currently 2) what is the RAM am using currently 3) max how much i can upgrade my RAM (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anandpasunoori
4 Replies
SYSTEMD-CRYPTSETUP-GENERATOR(8) 			   systemd-cryptsetup-generator 			   SYSTEMD-CRYPTSETUP-GENERATOR(8)

NAME
systemd-cryptsetup-generator - Unit generator for /etc/crypttab SYNOPSIS
/lib/systemd/system-generators/systemd-cryptsetup-generator DESCRIPTION
systemd-cryptsetup-generator is a generator that translates /etc/crypttab into native systemd units early at boot and when configuration of the system manager is reloaded. This will create systemd-cryptsetup@.service(8) units as necessary. systemd-cryptsetup-generator implements systemd.generator(7). KERNEL COMMAND LINE
systemd-cryptsetup-generator understands the following kernel command line parameters: luks=, rd.luks= Takes a boolean argument. Defaults to "yes". If "no", disables the generator entirely. rd.luks= is honored only by initial RAM disk (initrd) while luks= is honored by both the main system and the initrd. luks.crypttab=, rd.luks.crypttab= Takes a boolean argument. Defaults to "yes". If "no", causes the generator to ignore any devices configured in /etc/crypttab (luks.uuid= will still work however). rd.luks.crypttab= is honored only by initial RAM disk (initrd) while luks.crypttab= is honored by both the main system and the initrd. luks.uuid=, rd.luks.uuid= Takes a LUKS superblock UUID as argument. This will activate the specified device as part of the boot process as if it was listed in /etc/crypttab. This option may be specified more than once in order to set up multiple devices. rd.luks.uuid= is honored only by initial RAM disk (initrd) while luks.uuid= is honored by both the main system and the initrd. If /etc/crypttab contains entries with the same UUID, then the name, keyfile and options specified there will be used. Otherwise, the device will have the name "luks-UUID". If /etc/crypttab exists, only those UUIDs specified on the kernel command line will be activated in the initrd or the real root. luks.name=, rd.luks.name= Takes a LUKS super block UUID followed by an "=" and a name. This implies rd.luks.uuid= or luks.uuid= and will additionally make the LUKS device given by the UUID appear under the provided name. rd.luks.name= is honored only by initial RAM disk (initrd) while luks.name= is honored by both the main system and the initrd. luks.options=, rd.luks.options= Takes a LUKS super block UUID followed by an "=" and a string of options separated by commas as argument. This will override the options for the given UUID. If only a list of options, without an UUID, is specified, they apply to any UUIDs not specified elsewhere, and without an entry in /etc/crypttab. rd.luks.options= is honored only by initial RAM disk (initrd) while luks.options= is honored by both the main system and the initrd. luks.key=, rd.luks.key= Takes a password file name as argument or a LUKS super block UUID followed by a "=" and a password file name. For those entries specified with rd.luks.uuid= or luks.uuid=, the password file will be set to the one specified by rd.luks.key= or luks.key= of the corresponding UUID, or the password file that was specified without a UUID. rd.luks.key= is honored only by initial RAM disk (initrd) while luks.key= is honored by both the main system and the initrd. SEE ALSO
systemd(1), crypttab(5), systemd-cryptsetup@.service(8), cryptsetup(8), systemd-fstab-generator(8) systemd 237 SYSTEMD-CRYPTSETUP-GENERATOR(8)