Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: sudo environment setting?
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users sudo environment setting? Post 302280256 by jim mcnamara on Monday 26th of January 2009 11:05:00 AM
Old 01-26-2009
I believe sudo has security problems with LD_LIBRARY_PATH and some other envrionment variables. According to the man page for sudo on 11.23 - it removes that environment variable.

The easiest way around that is to relink the executable file using the -L parameter, so that ld looks in the right path for libraries.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

setting environment variables ???

Hello, I want to set some environment variables with this script: ip=$@ echo Remote Computer: $ip PERLDB_OPTS="CallKomodo=$ip:9000 RemotePort=$ip:9010 PrintRet=0" export PERLDB_OPTS PERL5LIB=/opt/komodo export PERL5LIB echo PERLDB_OPTS: $PERLDB_OPTS echo PERL5LIB: $PERL5LIB But it... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gargamel
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Setting up Environment Variables

Hi all, I am trying to set up some variables in a shell script. The variables contain values of various paths needed to run a java module. The problem is the variables dont seem to be setting at all. here is what i am trying to do : JAR_HOME=/home/was5/bdcms/scheduledjobs/lib export... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rpandey
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can I export the users environment using sudo?

I want the user to be able to commands as another user.. but when they do that.. I need them to have the environment variables of the other user. is this possible with sudo? sudo -H -u user env 'env' is giving me the environment of the current user, not the user I want to run commands as. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: julesdiane
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem setting environment...

Hi All I'm attempting to automate the process of setting the DISPLAY environment variable when logging on (sourcing the .cshrc). I have a mixture of linux and solaris servers and this comnand: who -m | awk '{ print $6}' | tr -d '()' seems to work on all the servers. I want... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: huskie69
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Setting up your environment

Hi I am new to Solaris and was just given my id and need to setup my environment, what do i need to do to run certain commands without putting in the complete path. How do I create my .profile, I do not see under my login? Any help would be greatly appreciated. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sa_ken
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help with setting up environment variables

hi all, I would appreciate if some one could explain me the difference between setting up the variables as shown below HOME=${HOME:-"/home/user1"} HOME=/home/user1 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SSSB
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Setting Environment Variables

#!/bin/bash if ; then ASS1_DATA_DIR=./ echo $ASS1_DATA_DIR export ASS1_DATA_DIR echo "data dir" fi if ; then ASS1_OUTPUT_DIR=./ export ASS1_OUTPUT_DIR fi I want to create a new environment variable ASS1_DATA_DIR and ASS1_OUTPUT_DIR in bash and set them to the current... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bigubosu
4 Replies

8. Red Hat

SUDO: environment variables

Hi, I was wondering about this question today, After logging to a linux server (putty - ssh), I set environment variables like PATH etc. When I launch a command as sudo, is the environment variables that were set applicable to the command launched as sudo also? Please let me know what you... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jredx
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Setting up environment variables

Hi all, This is my first post here. I need to set up a few environment variables with a shell script. Some are hard-coded, but some should come from other commands or as input from the user. How do I do that? For example, I need to export a variable as such: export DISPLAY=127.0.0.1:8.0 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: exchequer598
2 Replies

10. Red Hat

Setting up LAMP environment

I wish to setup LAMP environment. Amongst, I have successfully installed Linux 6.1. I am looking fwd to install - Apace Web Server, My Sql Database & PHP environment. Say if I look for MySql, could see downloadable available in rpm format. But this must be copied over to Linux machine. As... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: videsh77
2 Replies
pam_ssh_agent_auth(8)							PAM						     pam_ssh_agent_auth(8)

PAM_SSH_AGENT_AUTH
       This module provides authentication via ssh-agent.  If an ssh-agent listening at SSH_AUTH_SOCK can successfully authenticate that it has
       the secret key for a public key in the specified file, authentication is granted, otherwise authentication fails.

SUMMARY
/etc/pam.d/sudo: auth sufficient pam_ssh_agent_auth.so file=/etc/security/authorized_keys /etc/sudoers: Defaults env_keep += "SSH_AUTH_SOCK" This configuration would permit anyone who has an SSH_AUTH_SOCK that manages the private key matching a public key in /etc/security/authorized_keys to execute sudo without having to enter a password. Note that the ssh-agent listening to SSH_AUTH_SOCK can either be local, or forwarded. Unlike NOPASSWD, this still requires an authentication, it's just that the authentication is provided by ssh-agent, and not password entry. ARGUMENTS
file=<path to authorized_keys> Specify the path to the authorized_keys file(s) you would like to use for authentication. Subject to tilde and % EXPANSIONS (below) allow_user_owned_authorized_keys_file A flag which enables authorized_keys files to be owned by the invoking user, instead of root. This flag is enabled automatically whenever the expansions %h or ~ are used. debug A flag which enables verbose logging sudo_service_name=<service name you compiled sudo to use> (when compiled with --enable-sudo-hack) Specify the service name to use to identify the service "sudo". When the PAM_SERVICE identifier matches this string, and if PAM_RUSER is not set, pam_ssh_agent_auth will attempt to identify the calling user from the environment variable SUDO_USER. This defaults to "sudo". EXPANSIONS
~ -- same as in shells, a user's Home directory Automatically enables allow_user_owned_authorized_keys_file if used in the context of ~/. If used as ~user/, it would expect the file to be owned by 'user', unless you explicitely set allow_user_owned_authorized_keys_file %h -- User's Home directory Automatically enables allow_user_owned_authorized_keys_file %H -- The short-hostname %u -- Username %f -- FQDN EXAMPLES
in /etc/pam.d/sudo "auth sufficient pam_ssh_agent_auth.so file=~/.ssh/authorized_keys" The default .ssh/authorized_keys file in a user's home-directory "auth sufficient pam_ssh_agent_auth.so file=%h/.ssh/authorized_keys" Same as above. "auth sufficient pam_ssh_agent_auth.so file=~fred/.ssh/authorized_keys" If the home-directory of user 'fred' was /home/fred, this would expand to /home/fred/.ssh/authorized_keys. In this case, we have not specified allow_user_owned_authorized_keys_file, so this file must be owned by 'fred'. "auth sufficient pam_ssh_agent_auth.so file=/secure/%H/%u/authorized_keys allow_user_owned_authorized_keys_file" On a host named foobar.baz.com, and a user named fred, would expand to /secure/foobar/fred/authorized_keys. In this case, we specified allow_user_owned_authorized_keys_file, so fred would be able to manage that authorized_keys file himself. "auth sufficient pam_ssh_agent_auth.so file=/secure/%f/%u/authorized_keys" On a host named foobar.baz.com, and a user named fred, would expand to /secure/foobar.baz.com/fred/authorized_keys. In this case, we have not specified allow_user_owned_authorized_keys_file, so this file must be owned by root. v0.8 2009-08-09 pam_ssh_agent_auth(8)