Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX Problem running out of space by copying files to identical filesystems Post 302280222 by keelba on Monday 26th of January 2009 09:58:17 AM
Old 01-26-2009
Problem running out of space by copying files to identical filesystems

I am trying to copy a filesystem from one server to another using rsync over the WAN. As far as I can tell, the two filesystems are identical but for some reason I cannot copy the last file because I keep running out of space.

SERVER 1:
mkfs -m <lvol>
mkfs -F vxfs -o ninode=unlimited,bsize=8192,version=4,inosize=256,logsize=256,largefiles /dev/vgprod/store15 2147188736
bdf <lvol>
Filesystem kbytes used avail %used Mounted on
/dev/vgprod/store15
2147188736 2146853928 332200 100% /data/store15

SERVER 2:
mkfs -m <lvol>
mkfs -F vxfs -o ninode=unlimited,bsize=8192,version=4,inosize=256,logsize=256,largefiles /dev/vgprod/store15 2147188736
bdf <lvol>
Filesystem kbytes used avail %used Mounted on
/dev/vgprod/store15
2147188736 2113312464 33611672 98% /data/store15

All of the files are about 34GB each. The very last file is 34,346,224,640 bytes and, as you can see, I only have 33.6GB available so the copy fails on the very last file. Why do these files fit perfectly into SERVER 1 but not into SERVER 2 if the OS version is the same, the JFS version is the same and all of the parameters appear to be the same? There must be something I am missing but I cannot figure it out.

I have also checked that acctresume and acctsuspend are the same on both servers as well.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

when I try to run rm on multiple files I have problem to delete files with space

Hello when I try to run rm on multiple files I have problem to delete files with space. I have this command : find . -name "*.cmd" | xargs \rm -f it doing the work fine but when it comes across files with spaces like : "my foo file.cmd" it refuse to delete it why? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: umen
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Problem in copying files!!

I have requirement of one directory in /tmp area on Sun server. The area contains following files : brdcems# /tmp/.tivoli >>ls -lt total 0 srwxrwxrwx 1 root other 0 Nov 16 13:41 a9c30c14-80bf256e-94 srwxrwxrwx 1 root other 0 Nov 12 12:28 a9c30cc8-80bf256e-94 I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssk
4 Replies

3. HP-UX

SCCS problem when copying files

I have created a SCCS directory with version 1.1. It has say A.txt (for simplicity) Now updated files are present in other directory. If I copy A.txt it wont be effected in SCCS. How do I make this A.text to be version 1.2?? Please help! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: superprogrammer
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Space problem in files

Hi, I have a file containing a list of entries. Want to do ls on them. for a in `cat <list.txt>`; do ls $a; done; Now some entries contain spaces. How do i incorporate space in $a. Quoting $a in "" doesn't help. Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vibhor_agarwali
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem copying files from windows to unix

Hello, I want some directions for a command inside a shell script which would copy files from some path on my windows os (say my documents) to the path where my shell script is saved and I want it to exit the sftp session and continue executing the remaining lines in my shell script after... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vishwa308
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

SDiff Two files with space problem

Hello guys, I have a problem. I'm trying to use SDiff with two files which are containing spaces. My problem is that I want to save the output with > in an extra file. If I try to use it like this. sdiff "test file1" "test file2" > OutputfileI get this message: usage: diff ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mariopart
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to sum up the space allocated to filesystems

Hi , I Would like to know the space allocated by adding up all the allocated space to group of filesystems .. example , df -h|grep /db | awk '{ print $4 }' ---> giving me all the used space on the filesystem but need to know the total used space by adding up all the values (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nsankineni
3 Replies
set_color(1)							       fish							      set_color(1)

NAME
set_color - set_color - set the terminal color set_color - set the terminal color Synopsis set_color [-v --version] [-h --help] [-b --background COLOR] [COLOR] Description Change the foreground and/or background color of the terminal. COLOR is one of black, red, green, brown, yellow, blue, magenta, purple, cyan, white and normal. o -b, --background Set the background color o -c, --print-colors Prints a list of all valid color names o -h, --help Display help message and exit o -o, --bold Set bold or extra bright mode o -u, --underline Set underlined mode o -v, --version Display version and exit Calling set_color normal will set the terminal color to whatever is the default color of the terminal. Some terminals use the --bold escape sequence to switch to a brighter color set. On such terminals, set_color white will result in a grey font color, while set_color --bold white will result in a white font color. Not all terminal emulators support all these features. This is not a bug in set_color but a missing feature in the terminal emulator. set_color uses the terminfo database to look up how to change terminal colors on whatever terminal is in use. Some systems have old and incomplete terminfo databases, and may lack color information for terminals that support it. Download and install the latest version of ncurses and recompile fish against it in order to fix this issue. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 set_color(1)