Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Tools for writing a simple syntax checker? Post 302280158 by Ilja on Monday 26th of January 2009 07:47:48 AM
Old 01-26-2009
This is actually what I'm trying to do:
Code:
Keyword1 Keyword2 IdPrefix_IdBody_IdSuffix

I want to check that "Keyword1" is actually followed by "Keyword2" etc.
Lines like these should be rejected:
Code:
Keyword1 IdPrefix_IdBody_IdSuffix
Keyword1 Unknown IdPrefix_IdBody_IdSuffix
Keyword2 Keyword1 IdPrefix_IdBody_IdSuffix
Keyword1 Keyword2 IdBody_IdSuffix
Keyword1 Keyword2 IdPrefix_IdBody
Keyword1 Keyword2 IdPrefix_Unknown_IdSuffix

This should be a simple task, but I fail. I'd like some sort of lookahead in Flex or ability to invert match.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help writing simple script

I'm trying to write a simple unix script that will delete files after 30 days of being created. I've never done this before but conceptually it sounds easy. Here is what I'm trying to do: Get System Date Get File Date If (sysdate-filedate>30days) rm file All of these files are contained... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tamdoankc
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script syntax checker

I have a rather big script that i have written in ksh and it is falling over in two places with a 'test argument' error. I know this usually means that the if statement is not correct, but it is fine. I have looked through the rest of the script for any odd brackets or ` marks, but can't see... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: handak9
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

HELP! writing simple shell script

how would i write a shell script to show the number of lines in which int variable appears in a c++ program. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: deadleg
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Writing a simple loop in perl

Dear all, I am a complete newbie to (perl) programming and I am completely stuck in a project. I have the following arrays @array_1 @array_2 @array_A @array_B @array_C Each element pair of array_1 and array_2 is linked to all elements of a third array (e.g. array_A, array_B or... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: docdudetheman
3 Replies

5. Red Hat

Writing simple python setup commands

Building software in most languages is a pain. Remember ant build.xml, maven2 pom files, and multi-level makefiles? Python has a simple solution for building modules, applications, and extensions called distutils. Disutils comes as part of the Python distribution so there are no other packages... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linux Bot
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell syntax checker available, or is a new project needed?

I'd like a shell-script syntax checker that can detect at least the following errors, and more: 1. Variable $VAR used but VAR has not been defined. 2. Variable VAR defined but never used. 3. Use of unquoted variables which might break external commands e.g. SOMETHING in: value=`grep $SOMETHING... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: garethr
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with writing simple bash script

I want to write a bash script to: 1. Send an email from localhost to an external gmail account. (gmail then automatically forwards the message back to a pop account on the same server. 2. Script waits 3 minutes then checks to see if the email arrived, and if not, it sends an email to... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sallyanne
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

SIMPLE HTTP PROXY SERVER CHECKER (Completed)

Simple Http Proxy Server Checker Script with curl mirror proxies-scripts/proxc at master * Anoncheg1/proxies-scripts * GitHub output in terminal HTTP, HTTP Connect (HTTPS not supported) command line: proxc filename where filename is file like 119.110.69.185:8080 119.235.16.41:8080... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: 654321
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Completed: Domain name tools. Generator & Checker

I'm fairly new to bash scripts, and all things unix in general. But I was in desperate need of this script, so I took matters into my own hands and built it! The first script uses a password generator that creates 4 letter domain names and outputs only the ones that are available. Currently its... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Files
0 Replies
remove group(1m)														  remove group(1m)

NAME
remove group - Removes all group members and the group from the specified name service entry SYNOPSIS
rpccp remove group group-entry-name [-s syntax] OPTIONS
Indicates the name syntax of the entry name (optional). The only value for this option is the dce name syntax, which is the default name syntax. Until an alternative name syntax becomes available, specifying the -s option is unnecessary. ARGUMENTS
Indicates the name of the target group. For an entry in the local cell, you can omit the cell name and specify only the cell-relative name. DESCRIPTION
The remove group command removes a group from the name service database. The group need not be empty. The entry name of the group is required. Privilege Required You need write permission to the CDS object entry (the target group entry). NOTE
This command is replaced at Revision 1.1 by the dcecp command and may not be provided in future releases of DCE. EXAMPLES
The following commands run RPCCP and remove the group from the name service entry /.:/LandS/anthro/Calendar_group: $ rpccp rpccp> remove group /.:/LandS/anthro/Calendar_group RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: add member(1m), remove member(1m), show group(1m) remove group(1m)