Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX init not starting processes from inittab Post 302280121 by hybr1d on Monday 26th of January 2009 03:28:52 AM
Old 01-26-2009
Sorry for the delay, didn't have Internet access.

I checked it both ways, tried changing it - made no difference. Obviously, the file itself is intact.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Starting Processes

I am currently running SCO OpenServer. When the machine is restart it automatically intitiates processes that allow me to use the ARCserv backup software... Recently, these process were killed and I would like to restart them. The problem is I dont know the name or location of the files invoked... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: LowOrderBit
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Init 6 & Init 0 problem

Hi Expert, I have encountered some problem with my SUN system. Everytime when i issue command #init 6 OR #init 0 it just logout and prompt for login again instead of rebooting the server when run init 6 and system shutdown when run init 0.. I can only reboot the system using reboot ... Was... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sc2005
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

starting processes with timeout?

Does anyone know it it is possible to start a program with a timeout, so that it is automatically killed if the timeout expires? If yes, how? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: soheil.samii
6 Replies

4. SCO

Starting processes automatically on bootup

Hello - We have setup printers to startup in the /etc/rc.d/8 directory and when the SCO system is booted this script should kick them off or start them up but it doesn't. So I have to start it from root and leave the window open. I know this isn't right and trying to figure out what's missing. ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: dbm7230
13 Replies

5. Linux

How to I change init levels after typing init 1

Dear all, I typed in init 1 on my redhat box as root and according to wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Runlevel): 1 Single-User Mode Does not configure network interfaces, start daemons, or allow non-root logins So now I can't connect back to it. How do I change the init back to 3?... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: z1dane
8 Replies

6. Red Hat

Difference between 'init s' and 'init 1'

What is the difference between 'init s' and 'init 1'. I know that both will work to change the current run level to single user mode. Is there any difference in those two commands? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: praveen_b744
5 Replies

7. Solaris

How to resolve error "INIT: Cannot stat /etc/inittab, errno: 2"

Hi All, I am getting an error message when I execute command “zlogin -C sunsrv4z5” on my root server. INIT: Cannot stat /etc/inittab, errno: 2 INIT: Cannot stat /etc/inittab, errno: 2 As per my analysis it seems that some files inside /etc folder are deleted. This server was... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: surbhit4u
14 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Problem on init 0, execution is the same with init 6

Hi, I am experiencing a weird thing on my SUNFIRE machine with Solaris 9 OS. When I do init 0 to shutdown the machine to go to ok prompt, what it did was shutdown and reboot like an init 6 command do. I did check the corresponding rc scripts that were involved with init 0 and compared with rc... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yenthanh
2 Replies

9. Solaris

What is the diffe b/w init s and init S

i did my research in finding the answer but couldn't find right one. Please give your inputs. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ranumala
6 Replies

10. Red Hat

init-script failing because of /etc/rc.d/init.d/functions

I encountered a problem on one of our database servers. OS: CentOS 5.5 final Kernel: 2.6.18-238.5.1.el5.028stab085.2 (OpenVZ kernel) We wrote some DB-Start/Stop-scripts ("/db2/admin/scripts_dba/start_services.ksh" and ".../stop_services.ksh") to start the database instances. (Database... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bakunin
1 Replies
PAM_FAILDELAY(8)						 Linux-PAM Manual						  PAM_FAILDELAY(8)

NAME
pam_faildelay - Change the delay on failure per-application SYNOPSIS
pam_faildelay.so [debug] [delay=microseconds] DESCRIPTION
pam_faildelay is a PAM module that can be used to set the delay on failure per-application. If no delay is given, pam_faildelay will use the value of FAIL_DELAY from /etc/login.defs. OPTIONS
debug Turns on debugging messages sent to syslog. delay=N Set the delay on failure to N microseconds. MODULE TYPES PROVIDED
Only the auth module type is provided. RETURN VALUES
PAM_IGNORE Delay was successful adjusted. PAM_SYSTEM_ERR The specified delay was not valid. EXAMPLES
The following example will set the delay on failure to 10 seconds: auth optional pam_faildelay.so delay=10000000 SEE ALSO
pam_fail_delay(3), pam.conf(5), pam.d(5), pam(8) AUTHOR
pam_faildelay was written by Darren Tucker <dtucker@zip.com.au>. Linux-PAM Manual 09/19/2013 PAM_FAILDELAY(8)