Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: features of a new SHELL
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting features of a new SHELL Post 302280016 by nsharath on Sunday 25th of January 2009 04:25:34 PM
Old 01-25-2009
Bug zsh

Hello,
can you please telll me the features in zsh that impressed you the most.
I am conducting a survey.
So please do give me a complete answer.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

V2.2.0 new features?

Neo, can you tell us about some of the new features since the upgrade, or are they mostly "behind the scenes"? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: PxT
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help with Additional Password Features

Hello: I have a customer who is requesting the following security features on a Solaris 8 system: 1. Password history for the three previous passwords. 2. User account lockout after 3 failed login attempts. Can anyone help provide me with a solution or direction for the above? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rambo15
1 Replies

3. AIX

AIX OS Features versus Solaris OS Features

Hi Unix Experts, I like to compile and compare all the features that AIX OS (541L) and Solaris OS (Solaris 10) provide. If somebody can shed on this topic would be highly appreciated. Thank you, Khan (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hkhan12
0 Replies

4. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Evaluate uUNIX and MSDOS shell script features

I need to select the main features of shell scripting on UNIX and evaluate their MSDOS equivalent. can anyone suggest some online resources articles anything?? Thanks in advance (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: deemon111
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell features ???

Hi Can anybody explain the following shell features with example a) Command line editing b) filename completion c) job control (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: skyineyes
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Features explanation???

HI Can anybody explain following UNIX features? Removable file system Dynamic file space allocation Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: skyineyes
1 Replies

7. Programming

Unix shell with history features like in bash

hii to all i am developing a simple unix shell in c i want to add history feature in that how could i do that plz help if there is any tutorial or website plz put it here history feature should be like that in bash, when press up key show the previous command typed in console plz be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vipin_jss
1 Replies

8. Ubuntu

useradd - shell missing features after adding user

Hi, I need to create a user from a bash script so i have to use useradd. The problem is that when i create a user with: useradd -d /home/sample -m sample after i login with that user I have no history in bash, path do not appears, i can't use arrows and so on. When I use adduser everything is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ktm
5 Replies
PERLIVP(1)						 Perl Programmers Reference Guide						PERLIVP(1)

NAME
perlivp - Perl Installation Verification Procedure SYNOPSIS
perlivp [-p] [-v] [-h] DESCRIPTION
The perlivp program is set up at Perl source code build time to test the Perl version it was built under. It can be used after running: make install (or your platform's equivalent procedure) to verify that perl and its libraries have been installed correctly. A correct installation is verified by output that looks like: ok 1 ok 2 etc. OPTIONS
-h help Prints out a brief help message. -p print preface Gives a description of each test prior to performing it. -v verbose Gives more detailed information about each test, after it has been performed. Note that any failed tests ought to print out some extra information whether or not -v is thrown. DIAGNOSTICS
o print "# Perl binary '$perlpath' does not appear executable. "; Likely to occur for a perl binary that was not properly installed. Correct by conducting a proper installation. o print "# Perl version '$]' installed, expected $ivp_VERSION. "; Likely to occur for a perl that was not properly installed. Correct by conducting a proper installation. o print "# Perl @INC directory '$_' does not appear to exist. "; Likely to occur for a perl library tree that was not properly installed. Correct by conducting a proper installation. o print "# Needed module '$_' does not appear to be properly installed. "; One of the two modules that is used by perlivp was not present in the installation. This is a serious error since it adversely affects perlivp's ability to function. You may be able to correct this by performing a proper perl installation. o print "# Required module '$_' does not appear to be properly installed. "; An attempt to "eval "require $module"" failed, even though the list of extensions indicated that it should succeed. Correct by conducting a proper installation. o print "# Unnecessary module 'bLuRfle' appears to be installed. "; This test not coming out ok could indicate that you have in fact installed a bLuRfle.pm module or that the "eval " require "$module_name.pm"; "" test may give misleading results with your installation of perl. If yours is the latter case then please let the author know. o print "# file",+($#missing == 0) ? '' : 's'," missing from installation: "; One or more files turned up missing according to a run of "ExtUtils::Installed -> validate()" over your installation. Correct by conducting a proper installation. For further information on how to conduct a proper installation consult the INSTALL file that comes with the perl source and the README file for your platform. AUTHOR
Peter Prymmer perl v5.18.2 2018-08-17 PERLIVP(1)