Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Running a Script/Executable From Within a Script Post 302279995 by nixnoob on Sunday 25th of January 2009 12:34:18 PM
Old 01-25-2009
Your command should look something like this:

/dirpath/dirpath/./1node.sh

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

need help making a script executable

making a script in vi to create a shell script called wherearethey by entering the following script: echo -n "Who are you looking for: "read userif then list=`w | grep $user | cut -c19-30` if then echo "The user $user is logged in from $list" else echo "The user $user is not logged in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: curtner
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

running command prompt executable file in shell script

hi i have file extentioned with test.vbs. i am able to run this file n execute through command promt but i dont know how to run in shell script example: file name is test.vbs which contains strSoundFile = "C:\windows\Media\Notify.wav" Set objShell = CreateObject("Wscript.Shell") strCommand... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: atl@mav
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to call executable from script

Now I am using the HP-UX11.11 version. The scripts are runninh in KSH shell. While I wan to call one executable of any Pro*C file, I have got the following error, however the executable is running fine directly. testpri Started at 10.05.200923:40 /usr/lib/dld.sl: Bad magic number for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: priyankak
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

script run when executable is launched

I need to know how to have a BASH script run every time Firefox is launched, what is the simplest way to do this? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: glev2005
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to make script executable

Hello everybody, I'm unable to make my shell script an executable file. The details are as follows: PATH includes my $HOME/bin i.e. /rchome/rc1/bin HOME directory is /rchome/rc1 script name is prep_mig.sh permissions set are 755 It's executing if I give below command sh prep_mig.sh but... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jitu.keshwani
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Running Executable in Bash Script

Hey guys, so I've been trying to write a bash script called runSorter.sh that runs an executable that also takes in some parameters and outputs the results to a text file. The executable, sorter, takes in a number parameter. I want to make it so that you can input as many number parameters into... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Duo11
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating executable script--please help

Hi group, I am very beginner in shell scripting and self learning. I am trying to create and executable script to run awk from user defined variables. e.g. suppose from a given file I want to delete some rows or some columns We need to repeat this process for many files. Thus I was... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: smitra
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to produce a executable Oracle script from bash script?

Hi here's my code ${ORACLE_HOME}/bin/sqlplus /nolog <<!EOF --step 5 create db script start set feedback off set heading off set echo off conn / as sysdba spool ${ORACLE_SID}_db_link.sql SELECT 'CREATE '||DECODE(U.NAME,'PUBLIC','public ')||'DATABASE LINK '||CHR(10)... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jediwannabe
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script will keep checking running status of another script and also restart called script at night

I am using blow script :-- #!/bin/bash FIND=$(ps -elf | grep "snmp_trap.sh" | grep -v grep) #check snmp_trap.sh is running or not if then # echo "process found" exit 0; else echo "process not found" exec /home/Ketan_r /snmp_trap.sh 2>&1 & disown -h ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ketanraut
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Making any script executable

Hi all, I'm new to Unix so just wanted some help. I've been self learning and came accross a question online that I was trying. It is to make any shell script executable, the name of the file is to be made executable. I would use nano and type in something like #! /bin/bash Chmod +x... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: HelenaR
4 Replies