Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Kernel/DISK problem
Operating Systems Linux Kernel/DISK problem Post 302279984 by DukeNuke2 on Sunday 25th of January 2009 11:36:23 AM
Old 01-25-2009
this doesn't look like solaris... isn't it a linux?

/dev/hda is not a devicepath in solaris afaik?!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Problem downloading linux kernel 2.6 on to AT91RM9200

Hi, I builded the linux kernel 2.6 with the following tool chain binutils:2.16 gcc:3.4.4 glibc:2.3.5 kernel:2.6.10 and applied the corresponding patches to it.I got the kernel Image.I downloaded the Image on to the AT91RM9200 board.But when i am booting the image it is showing the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yugandhar
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

kernel call problem

hi all I want to make a kernel call which takes as input an integer x and prints 2*x Anyone who knows how could i do that? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sasa
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

problem when compiling and installing the kernel

hello; i'm trying to install a new kernel in fedora core 5 i'm using the following command: /usr/src/linux-2.6.15.1# make && make modules && make modules_install && make install but i always have the following error: ld: édition de lien finale en échec: Aucun espace disponible sur le périphérique ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jalil smail
1 Replies

4. Red Hat

Problem with kernel-module-ntfs

Hi All Im trying to access the my windows XP NTFS from Redhat linux 4.0 Enterprise edition I have downloaded the respective rpm And im able to install it successfully Then i have given the following command , but got an error Here are my partitions And when i give the below... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: balumankala
1 Replies

5. Linux

problem with kernel module loading

Hi masters, I am new to linux and unix forum and this is my first forum. So please excuse if I am not giving sufficient information. I will give them on request. I have created a bandwidth manager module. I am using a 2.6.9 kernel and in Red Hat 3.4.3 distribution. But when i run make... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: iamjayanth
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

Kernel Panic problem

Hi all, When i load my block device driver in Fedoracore10 kernel 2.6.27. i got this type of error kernel panic - not syncing : Fatal exception in interrupt. I am unable to save the log file.... Can any one help me..... regards sundar (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sundhar
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Kernel module compilation problem

I have one big module 2.6.18 kernel mod.c I want to divide this to several files. The problem is to write right Makefile lib1.h lib1.c mod.c mod.c works fine normally but when I divide into several files and try to compile with this makefile obj-m := mod.o mod-objs := lib1.o ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: marcintom
3 Replies

8. Programming

Problem about Kernel oops

hello,everyone,I'm reading LDD3.Topics about oops,it said the code bellow would cause a fault condition because "this method copies a string to a local variable,unfortunately,the string is longer than the destination array".Well,hard to understand....Is that right?I thought the fault should be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: homeboy
1 Replies

9. Red Hat

Kernel parameters problem in Linux

please tell me the list of kernel parameters in RHEL 5.7 Because we've a requirement in one project. Also tell me the importance of eah kernel parameter if possible. ==Thanks in Advance==:):D (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vamshigvk475
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Kernel parameters problem in Solaris 10

please tell me the list of kernel parameters in solaris10. Because we've a requirement in one project. Also tell me the importance of eah kernel parameter if possible. Thanks in Advance.:):cool: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vamshigvk475
2 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)