Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Improperly formatted value for 'tftp-server' error while booting the target from LAN Post 302279954 by incredible on Sunday 25th of January 2009 08:45:52 AM
Old 01-25-2009
ok>boot net -install

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

tftp daemon error

Hi everyone, I am currently receiving an error on my console that reads something like: <host> tftpd: socket (delay): Protocol not supported I have done so much research into tftpd, i've looked everywhere to find out what this might be caused by...unfortunately i have Solaris 8, so there... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: myscsa2004
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

unix tftp server

Does anyone know of a Unix TFP server that can tftp more then 32 meg? For Windows there is http://tftpd32.jounin.net but I cannot see a Unix one. Thoughts???? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: calieddy
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to remove improperly formatted fortran output line from files, tried sed

I have been trying to remove some improperly formatted lines of output from fortran code I have been using. The problem is that I have some singularities in the math for some points that causes an incorrectly large value to be reported that exceeds the normal formating set in the code resulting in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gillesc_mac
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

put command issues with a tftp server

From a remote client, I'm trying to create a timestamped directory and put a file inside the directory. The directory and the file are not present already inside the tftp server. If I need to put a file inside a tftp server, which is not existing already what should I need to do.. I face errors... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amudha
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

copy files from remote server (B) to target server (A)?

Hi All, what is the comand to log off the remote server? I have 2 servers A, B. I need to find all files older than 7 days on server B and copy over to server A. My logic is: login the remote server: ================= ssh hostB cd /data/test find . -mtime -7 -ls | awk '{print... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Beginer0705
4 Replies

6. Ubuntu

Configuring Ubuntu 9.04 as a TFTP Server

Configuring Ubuntu 9.04 as a TFTP Server Im trying to configure my Ubuntu desktop as a tftp server. I found the following instructions on how to do this. Most of the instructions I understand however Im not sure about step 2. The instructions are below: In step 2 do I create a txt file in vi... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: andyblaylock
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

VxWorks target server

hi all. i have omniswitch 6800 that runs vxworks 5.4.x The folder that is result of compiling my image consists of : -rw-r--r-- 1 root other 8128249 Jun 21 05:21 Kbase.img -rw-r--r-- 1 root other 971810 Jun 21 06:07 Kos.img -rw-r--r-- 1 root other 295076 Jun 21... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sadgb
0 Replies

8. IP Networking

TFTP Server Timeout issue

Hi, I'm running CentOS 5 as guest using VMware player. My host is Windows Xp. I'm running tftp server in CentOS. I have disabled firewall in both windows and CentOS. I use two different networks with different netmasks on CentOS. I'm able to ping the Centos (tftp server) from another Linux machine... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: suryaemlinux
1 Replies

9. IP Networking

how to increse server lan speed in hp-ux

Hi, I've a problem in hp-ux server, i.e.how to increase Ethernet speed. i dont've time to trials on production server please help me (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: karlapudi.ramu
1 Replies
KERNEL-INSTALL(8)						  kernel-install						 KERNEL-INSTALL(8)

NAME
kernel-install - Add and remove kernel and initramfs images to and from /boot SYNOPSIS
kernel-install COMMAND KERNEL-VERSION [KERNEL-IMAGE] DESCRIPTION
kernel-install is used to install and remove kernel and initramfs images to and from /boot. kernel-install will execute the files located in the directory /usr/lib/kernel/install.d/ and the local administration directory /etc/kernel/install.d/. All files are collectively sorted and executed in lexical order, regardless of the directory in which they live. However, files with identical filenames replace each other. Files in /etc/kernel/install.d/ take precedence over files with the same name in /usr/lib/kernel/install.d/. This can be used to override a system-supplied executables with a local file if needed; a symbolic link in /etc/kernel/install.d/ with the same name as an executable in /usr/lib/kernel/install.d/, pointing to /dev/null, disables the executable entirely. Executables must have the extension ".install"; other extensions are ignored. An executable should return 0 on success. It may also return 77 to cause the whole operation to terminate (executables later in lexical order will be skipped). COMMANDS
The following commands are understood: add KERNEL-VERSION KERNEL-IMAGE kernel-install creates the directory /boot/MACHINE-ID/KERNEL-VERSION/ and calls executables from /usr/lib/kernel/install.d/*.install and /etc/kernel/install.d/*.install with the arguments add KERNEL-VERSION /boot/MACHINE-ID/KERNEL-VERSION/ KERNEL-IMAGE The kernel-install plugin 50-depmod.install runs depmod for the KERNEL-VERSION. The kernel-install plugin 90-loaderentry.install copies KERNEL-IMAGE to /boot/MACHINE-ID/KERNEL-VERSION/linux. It also creates a boot loader entry according to the boot loader specification in /boot/loader/entries/MACHINE-ID-KERNEL-VERSION.conf. The title of the entry is the PRETTY_NAME parameter specified in /etc/os-release or /usr/lib/os-release (if the former is missing), or "Linux KERNEL-VERSION", if unset. If the file initrd is found next to the linux file, the initrd will be added to the configuration. remove KERNEL-VERSION Calls executables from /usr/lib/kernel/install.d/*.install and /etc/kernel/install.d/*.install with the arguments remove KERNEL-VERSION /boot/MACHINE-ID/KERNEL-VERSION/ kernel-install removes the entire directory /boot/MACHINE-ID/KERNEL-VERSION/ afterwards. The kernel-install plugin 90-loaderentry.install removes the file /boot/loader/entries/MACHINE-ID-KERNEL-VERSION.conf. EXIT STATUS
If every executable returns 0 or 77, 0 is returned, and a non-zero failure code otherwise. FILES
/usr/lib/kernel/install.d/*.install /etc/kernel/install.d/*.install Drop-in files which are executed by kernel-install. /etc/kernel/cmdline /proc/cmdline The content of the file /etc/kernel/cmdline specifies the kernel command line to use. If that file does not exist, /proc/cmdline is used. /etc/machine-id The content of the file specifies the machine identification MACHINE-ID. /etc/os-release /usr/lib/os-release The content of the file specifies the operating system title PRETTY_NAME. SEE ALSO
machine-id(5), os-release(5), Boot loader specification[1] NOTES
1. Boot loader specification https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Specifications/BootLoaderSpec systemd 237 KERNEL-INSTALL(8)