Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting analyzing data from more than one file Post 302279948 by shira on Sunday 25th of January 2009 07:48:44 AM
Old 01-25-2009
I'm using c-shell since I have background in ansi c and it's easier to comprehend, that's it. Smilie

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Analyzing System Core Files?

can some tell me how to do this. I mean, i tried finding this out on my own but when I checked the man pages, i got a truckload of commands available pertaining to this task which in turn got me confused. so my question is, if there is a simple straight forward(not necessarily easy) way to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TRUEST
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

analyzing tcpdump output

hello, i have a lot of pcap files (tcpdump output) that i want to compare. every tcpdump output has two file, server and client. what i want to do is: 1. take timestamp, source address, destination address, and packet id from each file (server and client) 2. find the packets sent from... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: slumpia
0 Replies

3. AIX

Help required in analyzing errpt in aix 5.3

I have received errpt like this.Any help will be highly appreciated.Recently my application has been migrated to aix 5.3 and working fine in aix 5.2 with out crashes. LABEL: CORE_DUMP IDENTIFIER: C69F5C9B Date/Time: Thu Apr 23 09:41:29 EDT 2009 Sequence Number: 948... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kittu1979
3 Replies

4. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Analyzing Core Dump

We have a binary that generates coredump. So I ran the gdb command to analyze the issue. Pleae note the binary and code are in two different locations and we cannot build the whole binary using debugging symbols. Hence how and what details can I find from below backtarce: gdb binary corefile ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: uunniixx
5 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

Benchmarking and performance analyzing in OS

Is/Are there an/some application/applications , package/packages for benchmarking or system performance measuring which are there for almost all Linux releases and distributions? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nixhead
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

analyzing list with street addresses

Hi List, Could someone please point me into the right direction with the following: I have a file containing a list of street addresses. I need to sort all the street addresses with the same number to a new file containing the street name and corresponding number. So: Strawinskylaan... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: M474746
3 Replies

7. AIX

Analyzing CPU usage

Hi Admins, I need your help to analyze the cpu usage of our main server. I have shared below, CPU usages during busy hours and non busy hours. CPU usage is always full at busy hours. Users always complaints about slowness. This server is a lpar partition and configured as uncapped mode. ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: newaix
7 Replies

8. Programming

Difficult in analyzing an algorithm

Hello, I was reading Heuritics text and came across an algorithm below. Finding hard to analyze it can any one help me out below... How to analyze if I take say no. of types are 5 and each type has say 20 coins. thanks. Let {c1, c2...cn=1} be a set of distinct coin types where ci is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sureshcisco
1 Replies

9. Homework & Coursework Questions

Lex: analyzing a C file and printing out identifiers and line numbers they're found on

Florida State University, Tallahassee, FL USA, Dr. Whalley, COP4342 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Create a lex specification file that reads a C source program that ignores keywords and collects all identifiers (regular variable names) and also displays the line... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: D2K
3 Replies
term::ansi::code::attr(n)					 Terminal control					 term::ansi::code::attr(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
term::ansi::code::attr - ANSI attribute sequences SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.4 package require term::ansi::code ?0.1? package require term::ansi::code::attr ?0.1? ::term::ansi::code::attr::names ::term::ansi::code::attr::import ?ns? ?arg...? ::term::ansi::code::attr::fgblack ::term::ansi::code::attr::fgred ::term::ansi::code::attr::fggreen ::term::ansi::code::attr::fgyellow ::term::ansi::code::attr::fgblue ::term::ansi::code::attr::fgmagenta ::term::ansi::code::attr::fgcyan ::term::ansi::code::attr::fgwhite ::term::ansi::code::attr::fgdefault ::term::ansi::code::attr::bgblack ::term::ansi::code::attr::bgred ::term::ansi::code::attr::bggreen ::term::ansi::code::attr::bgyellow ::term::ansi::code::attr::bgblue ::term::ansi::code::attr::bgmagenta ::term::ansi::code::attr::bgcyan ::term::ansi::code::attr::bgwhite ::term::ansi::code::attr::bgdefault ::term::ansi::code::attr::bold ::term::ansi::code::attr::dim ::term::ansi::code::attr::italic ::term::ansi::code::attr::underline ::term::ansi::code::attr::blink ::term::ansi::code::attr::revers ::term::ansi::code::attr::hidden ::term::ansi::code::attr::strike ::term::ansi::code::attr::nobold ::term::ansi::code::attr::noitalic ::term::ansi::code::attr::nounderline ::term::ansi::code::attr::noblink ::term::ansi::code::attr::norevers ::term::ansi::code::attr::nohidden ::term::ansi::code::attr::nostrike ::term::ansi::code::attr::reset _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This package provides symbolic names for the ANSI attribute control codes. For each control code a single command is provided which returns this code as its result. None of the commands of this package write to a channel; that is handled by higher level packages, like term::ansi::send. API
INTROSPECTION ::term::ansi::code::attr::names This command is for introspection. It returns as its result a list containing the names of all attribute commands. ::term::ansi::code::attr::import ?ns? ?arg...? This command imports some or all attribute commands into the namespace ns. This is by default the namespace attr. Note that this is relative namespace name, placing the imported command into a child of the current namespace. By default all commands are imported, this can howver be restricted by listing the names of the wanted commands after the namespace argument. ATTRIBUTES ::term::ansi::code::attr::fgblack Set text color to Black. ::term::ansi::code::attr::fgred Set text color to Red. ::term::ansi::code::attr::fggreen Set text color to Green. ::term::ansi::code::attr::fgyellow Set text color to Yellow. ::term::ansi::code::attr::fgblue Set text color to Blue. ::term::ansi::code::attr::fgmagenta Set text color to Magenta. ::term::ansi::code::attr::fgcyan Set text color to Cyan. ::term::ansi::code::attr::fgwhite Set text color to White. ::term::ansi::code::attr::fgdefault Set default text color (Black). ::term::ansi::code::attr::bgblack Set background to Black. ::term::ansi::code::attr::bgred Set background to Red. ::term::ansi::code::attr::bggreen Set background to Green. ::term::ansi::code::attr::bgyellow Set background to Yellow. ::term::ansi::code::attr::bgblue Set background to Blue. ::term::ansi::code::attr::bgmagenta Set background to Magenta. ::term::ansi::code::attr::bgcyan Set background to Cyan. ::term::ansi::code::attr::bgwhite Set background to White. ::term::ansi::code::attr::bgdefault Set default background (Transparent). ::term::ansi::code::attr::bold Bold on. ::term::ansi::code::attr::dim Dim on. ::term::ansi::code::attr::italic Italics on. ::term::ansi::code::attr::underline Underscore on. ::term::ansi::code::attr::blink Blink on. ::term::ansi::code::attr::revers Reverse on. ::term::ansi::code::attr::hidden Hidden on. ::term::ansi::code::attr::strike Strike-through on. ::term::ansi::code::attr::nobold Bold off. ::term::ansi::code::attr::noitalic Italics off. ::term::ansi::code::attr::nounderline Underscore off. ::term::ansi::code::attr::noblink Blink off. ::term::ansi::code::attr::norevers Reverse off. ::term::ansi::code::attr::nohidden Hidden off. ::term::ansi::code::attr::nostrike Strike-through off. ::term::ansi::code::attr::reset Reset all attributes to their default values. BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category term of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation. KEYWORDS
ansi, attribute control, color control, control, terminal COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2006 Andreas Kupries <andreas_kupries@users.sourceforge.net> term 0.1 term::ansi::code::attr(n)