Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Disable the SNMP Service
Operating Systems SCO Disable the SNMP Service Post 302279818 by sak900354 on Saturday 24th of January 2009 03:13:29 AM
Old 01-24-2009
Thank You,

I will try it and refer back to you

Regards

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Disable connection logging for a specfic service (/var/log/secure)

Hello, is there a way to disable connection logging for a specific service? Or eventually to disable /var/log/secure in general? Closed. Double post (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: TehOne
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Disable connection logging for a specfic service (/var/log/secure)

Hello, is there a way to disable connection logging for a specific service? Or eventually to disable /var/log/secure in general? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TehOne
2 Replies

3. AIX

SNMP service

dear how can i disable the SNMP service in AIX 6.1 . (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thecobra151
2 Replies

4. HP-UX

FTP service Enable/Disable

hi everybody, I can easily enable /disable the FTP service from SAM, how can I do this via command line? using inetd? how? cheers, messi (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: messi777
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

System snmp service is unavailable

Hello, am working on a suse linux system and trying to connect the server to the monitoring system we use. On checking the logs, i see that the snmp service is unavailable and would appreciate any help on how to fix this. snmpd stop - done snmpd start - done snmpd status - unused (instead... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: mena
16 Replies

6. Solaris

Disable SNMP v1/2 authentification and use SNMPv3 authentification

Hello everyone, Can anyone help me to disable SNMP v1/2 authentification on Solaris 10 and use SNMP v3 authentification ? I have SNMPv3 installed on my Solaris but the tool we use to scan vulnerabilities still show that there is a problem whith authentification version. Does it mean that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: adilyos
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need to transfer all kernel logs (var/log/messages) to the snmp listener as snmp trap

i am working with embedded system -Dell DCS management sub system. my question is as below: currently we are using linux kernel 2.6.30 build and we have a kernel logs stored to the /var/log/messages path. now we have to transfer all this logs to the specified SNMP target as a part of SNMP... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vipul_prajapati
4 Replies

8. Solaris

Disable or remove SNMPv1/2c authentication and SNMP version-3

Hi; How can I disable or remove SNMPv1/2c authentication. I would like to use SNMP version 3 authentication. bash-3.00# uname -a SunOS SOL9229 5.10 Generic_142910-17 i86pc i386 i86pc bash-3.00# (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gc_sw
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Svcadm disable in global zone affects same service in ngz

I have a service that resides in both the global and non global zones. When I disable the service in the global zone, a svcs -p on that service shows the process name and ID of the svcadmd for the non global. An svcs -l on the service in the global shows online with an intended state of disabled.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cbrown31
0 Replies

10. Solaris

Cannot get sma (net-snmp) service to start.

Hey everyone, so I recently installed sma and disabled snmpdx for system monitoring in Solarwinds on 7 Oracle servers running Solaris 10. It was running just fine until we had to shutdown all systems and power back up (hurricane). Since then I cannot get the sma service to start, it goes into... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zeus18
4 Replies
net-snmp-config(1)						     Net-SNMP							net-snmp-config(1)

NAME
net-snmp-config - returns information about installed net-snmp libraries and binaries SYNOPSIS
net-snmp-config [OPTIONS] DESCRIPTION
The net-snmp-config shell script is designed to retrieve the configuration information about the libraries and binaries dealing with the Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP), built from the net-snmp source package. The information is particularly useful for applications that need to link against the SNMP libraries and hence must know about any other libraries that must be linked in as well. OPTIONS
--version displays the net-snmp version number --indent-options displays the indent options from the Coding Style --debug-tokens displays a example command line to search to source code for a list of available debug tokens SNMP Setup commands: --create-snmpv3-user [-ro] [-a authpass] [-x privpass] [-X DES|AES] [-A MD5|SHA] [username] These options produce the various compilation flags needed when building external SNMP applications: --base-cflags lists additional compilation flags needed for external applications (excludes -I. and extra developer warning flags, if any) --cflags lists additional compilation flags needed --libs lists libraries needed for building applications --agent-libs lists libraries needed for building subagents --netsnmp-libs lists netsnmp specific libraries --external-libs lists libraries needed by netsnmp libs --netsnmp-agent-libs lists netsnmp specific agent libraries --external-agent-libs lists libraries needed by netsnmp libs Automated subagent building (produces an OUTPUTNAME binary file): [This feature has not been extensively tested, use at your own risk.] --compile-subagent OUTPUTNAME [--norm] [--cflags flags] [--ldflags flags] mibmodule1.c [...]] --norm leave the generated .c file around to read. --cflags flags extra cflags to use (e.g. -I...). --ldflags flags extra ld flags to use (e.g. -L... -l...). Details on how the net-nsmp package was compiled: --configure-options Display original configure arguments --snmpd-module-list Display the modules compiled into the agent --prefix Display the installation prefix V5.7.2 16 Nov 2006 net-snmp-config(1)