Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: The Concept of thread
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers The Concept of thread Post 302279806 by candlejack on Friday 23rd of January 2009 10:50:23 PM
Old 01-23-2009
Check out this link: Threads: Basic Theory and Libraries One of many I found by googling "unix threads"

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

How to cancel a thread safely from the initial thread?

how about asynchronous canceling? or with signal? if with signal whether it effects the process? my english so badly :( :( (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alan.zhao
1 Replies

2. AIX

Use of mirroring concept....

hi.... Friends... Why using mirroring ? what is the use of mirroring? just any one tell about clearly.... thanks.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kannan841
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Looping concept please help

Hi Gurus, Please help me in below requirement. Instance =5 (it is user parameter) total=52 (it is user parameter i need to split this to 5 and reminder as 1 instances totally 6 for example i need to splitt to each 52/5=10.4 1-10 11-20 21-30 31-40 41-50 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ragu.selvaraj
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Confusion with the concept of wc -c and wc -m

Is wc -c and wc -m same ? Shellscript::cat file1 hello Shellscript::cat file1 | wc -c 6 Shellscript::cat file1 | wc -m 6 Shellscript::file file1 file1: ASCII text Shellscript::uname -a Linux was85host 2.6.27.45-0.1-vmi #1 SMP 2010-02-22 16:49:47 +0100 i686 i686 i386 GNU/LinuxAtleast... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shellscripting
5 Replies
pthread_detach(3T)														pthread_detach(3T)

NAME
pthread_detach() - mark a thread as detached to reclaim its resources when it terminates SYNOPSIS
PARAMETERS
thread Thread whose resources are to be reclaimed immediately when it terminates. DESCRIPTION
is used to detach the thread thread. When thread terminates, its resources will automatically be reclaimed by the system. If thread has already terminated, causes the resources of thread to be reclaimed by the system. does not cause thread to terminate. Once a detached thread has terminated, its resources, including the thread ID, may be reused by the system. The return status of a detached thread is lost when the thread terminates. Calling this function multiple times for the same thread results in undefined behavior. RETURN VALUE
Upon successful completion, returns zero. Otherwise, an error number is returned to indicate the error (the variable is not set). ERRORS
If any of the following occur, the function returns the corresponding error number: [EINVAL] thread does not refer to a joinable thread. [ESRCH] No thread could be found corresponding to thread. AUTHOR
was derived from the IEEE POSIX P1003.1c standard. SEE ALSO
pthread_create(3T), pthread_join(3T), wait(2). STANDARDS CONFORMANCE
Pthread Library pthread_detach(3T)