Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: how to do GRID COMPUTING?
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications High Performance Computing how to do GRID COMPUTING? Post 302279804 by Neo on Friday 23rd of January 2009 10:21:48 PM
Old 01-23-2009
The future Fedora Nightlife project is based on Condor:

Here are the installation instructions for Condor:

3.2 Installation

Here is the download site:

Download Condor

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to create a grid file

Hi everybody: I want to create a grid file for export to statistical program. My aid is create a file with both rows, one row are x coordenates and other for y coordenates. All grid obviousolly are same space. the form that i want is this: x=(400000 ........ 600000) and y=(4000000 .......... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tonet
1 Replies

2. AIX

GRID containers technology

Hi forum, I am aware that on Hp-Superdome technology (Blade Servers) is avaliable while on Solaris GRID technology is the latest in the market. I would like to know if similar high end technology is also available for AIX ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dheram
1 Replies

3. High Performance Computing

Grid vs. Parallel vs. Distributed

Hello all, I was wondering if someone could either explain or maybe point me to another article somewhere that explains the difference between: distributed computing grid computing parallel computing I see these terms thrown around a lot in server and cluster environments, but I'd like a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Heathe_Kyle
2 Replies

4. Virtualization and Cloud Computing

Event Cloud Computing - IBM Turning Data Centers Into ?Computing Cloud?

Tim Bass Thu, 15 Nov 2007 23:55:07 +0000 *I predict we may experience less*debates*on the use of the term “event cloud”*related to*CEP in the future, now that both IBM and Google* have made announcements about “cloud computing” and “computing cloud”, IBM Turning Data Centers Into ‘Computing... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linux Bot
0 Replies

5. High Performance Computing

Alternative to Sun Grid Engine

Does anybody know of a good alternative to Sun Grid Engine? It seems that Oracle is now charging for this software. I am running a HPC cluster that has Solaris 10 machines and I am adding some nodes that will be running Ubuntu 10.04, eventually the Solaris machines will be migrating to Ubuntu. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccj4467
0 Replies
GLOBUS-UPDATE-CERT(8)					      GSI-C OpenSSL Commands					     GLOBUS-UPDATE-CERT(8)

NAME
globus-update-certificate-dir - Update symlinks in the trusted CA directory SYNOPSIS
globus-update-certificate-dir [-help] [-d DIRECTORY] DESCRIPTION
The globus-update-certificate-dir program creates symlinks between files (CA certificates, certificate revocation lists, signing policy, and certificate request configuration files) using the certificate hash the installed version of OpenSSL uses. OpenSSL 1.0.0 uses a different name hashing algorithm than previous versions, so CA distributions created with older versions of OpenSSL might not be able to locate trusted CAs and related files. Running globus-update-certificate-dir against a trusted CA directory will add symlinks to the files to the hash if needed. The full set of command-line options to globus-update-certificate-dir consists of: -help Display a help message to standard output and exit -d DIRECTORY Create links in the trusted CA directory DIRECTORY instead of using the default search path. ENVIRONMENT
If the following variables affect the execution of globus-update-certificate-dir X509_CERT_DIR Default trusted certificate directory. HOME Path to the current user's home directory. GLOBUS_LOCATION Path to the Globus installation. University of Chicago 02/18/2010 GLOBUS-UPDATE-CERT(8)