Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: how to do GRID COMPUTING?
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications High Performance Computing how to do GRID COMPUTING? Post 302279804 by Neo on Friday 23rd of January 2009 10:21:48 PM
Old 01-23-2009
The future Fedora Nightlife project is based on Condor:

Here are the installation instructions for Condor:

3.2 Installation

Here is the download site:

Download Condor

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to create a grid file

Hi everybody: I want to create a grid file for export to statistical program. My aid is create a file with both rows, one row are x coordenates and other for y coordenates. All grid obviousolly are same space. the form that i want is this: x=(400000 ........ 600000) and y=(4000000 .......... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tonet
1 Replies

2. AIX

GRID containers technology

Hi forum, I am aware that on Hp-Superdome technology (Blade Servers) is avaliable while on Solaris GRID technology is the latest in the market. I would like to know if similar high end technology is also available for AIX ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dheram
1 Replies

3. High Performance Computing

Grid vs. Parallel vs. Distributed

Hello all, I was wondering if someone could either explain or maybe point me to another article somewhere that explains the difference between: distributed computing grid computing parallel computing I see these terms thrown around a lot in server and cluster environments, but I'd like a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Heathe_Kyle
2 Replies

4. Virtualization and Cloud Computing

Event Cloud Computing - IBM Turning Data Centers Into ?Computing Cloud?

Tim Bass Thu, 15 Nov 2007 23:55:07 +0000 *I predict we may experience less*debates*on the use of the term “event cloud”*related to*CEP in the future, now that both IBM and Google* have made announcements about “cloud computing” and “computing cloud”, IBM Turning Data Centers Into ‘Computing... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linux Bot
0 Replies

5. High Performance Computing

Alternative to Sun Grid Engine

Does anybody know of a good alternative to Sun Grid Engine? It seems that Oracle is now charging for this software. I am running a HPC cluster that has Solaris 10 machines and I am adding some nodes that will be running Ubuntu 10.04, eventually the Solaris machines will be migrating to Ubuntu. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccj4467
0 Replies
condor_cold_stop(1)					      General Commands Manual					       condor_cold_stop(1)

Name
       condor_cold_stop reliably - shut down and uninstall a running Condor instance

Synopsis
       condor_cold_stop -help

condor_cold_stop[-force]  [-basedir  directory]	[-localdir directory] [-runlocalconfig file] [-cleaninstall] [-cleanlocal] [-stop] [-loga-
       rchive archive] [-spoolarchive archive] [-execarchive archive] [-filelock] [-pid] [-artifact file]  [-nogurl]  [-globuslocation	directory]
       -configfile file

Description
       condor_cold_stop  reliably  shuts  down	and uninstall a running Condor instance. This program first uses condor_local_stopto reliably shut
       down the running Condor instance. It then uses condor_cleanup_localto create and store archives of the  log ,  spool , and  execute  direc-
       tories. Its last task is to uninstall the Condor binaries and libraries using cleanup_release.

Options
       -artifact file

Uses fileas the artifact file to determine whether the condor_masterdaemon is still alive.

-basedir directory

Directory where the Condor installation can be found. When not specified, the current working directory is assumed.

-cleaninstall

Remove  the Condor installation. If none of the options -cleaninstall, -cleanlocal, or -stopare specified, the program behaves as though
	  all of them have been provided.

-cleanlocal

The program will remove the  log ,  spool ,  exec directories for this Condor instance. If none of the options -cleaninstall,  -cleanlo-
	  cal, or -stopare specified, the program behaves as though all of them have been provided.

-configfile file

The  same configuration file path given to condor_cold_start. This program assumes the file is in the installation directory or the cur-
	  rent working directory.

-execarchive archive

The program will create a tar'ed and gzip'ed archive of the  execute directory and stores it as archive. The archivecan be a	file  path
	  or a grid-ftp url.

-filelock

Determine whether the condor_masterdaemon has exited using a file lock undertaker. This option must match the corresponding option given
	  to condor_cold_start.

-force

Ignore the status of the condor_schedddaemon (whether it has jobs in the queue or not) when shutting down Condor.

-globuslocation directory

The directory containing the Globus installation. This option is required if any of the options  of  the  form  -*archiveare	used,  and
	  Globus is not installed in  /opt/globus .

-localdir directory

Directory  where  the   log  ,  spool , and  execute directories are stored for this running instance of Condor. Required if the -clean-
	  localoption is specified.

-logarchive archive

The program will create a tar'ed and gzip'ed archive of the  log directory and stores it as archive. The archivecan be a file path or  a
	  grid-ftp url.

-nogurl

Do not use globus-url-copyto store the archives. This implies that the archives can only be stored on mounted file systems.

-pid

Determine  whether  the  condor_masterdaemon	has  exited using a unique process id undertaker. This option must match the corresponding
	  option given to condor_cold_start.

-runlocalconfig file

Bind fileinto the configuration used by this instance of Condor. This option should the one provided to condor_cold_start.

-spoolarchive archive

The program will create a tar'ed and gzip'ed archive of the  spool directory and stores it as archive. The archivecan be a file path	or
	  a grid-ftp url.

-stop

The  program	will  shut down this running instance of Condor. If none of the options -cleaninstall, -cleanlocal, or -stopare specified,
	  the program behaves as though all of them have been provided.

Exit Status
       condor_cold_stop will exit with a status value of 0 (zero) upon success, and non-zero otherwise.

Examples
       To shut down a Condor instance on the target machine:

% condor_cold_stop  -configfile condor_config.mobile

To shutdown a Condor instance and archive the log directory:

% condor_cold_stop  -configfile condor_config.mobile 

-logarchive /tmp/log.tar.gz

See Also
       condor_cold_start(on page ), filelock_undertaker(on page ), uniq_pid_undertaker(on page ).

Author
       Condor Team, University of Wisconsin-Madison

Copyright
       Copyright (C) 1990-2012 Condor Team, Computer Sciences Department, University of  Wisconsin-Madison,  Madison,  WI.  All  Rights  Reserved.
       Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0.

See the Condor Version 7.8.2 Manualor http://www.condorproject.org/licensefor additional notices. condor-admin@cs.wisc.edu

September 2012					       condor_cold_stop(1)