Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: how to do GRID COMPUTING?
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications High Performance Computing how to do GRID COMPUTING? Post 302279804 by Neo on Friday 23rd of January 2009 10:21:48 PM
Old 01-23-2009
The future Fedora Nightlife project is based on Condor:

Here are the installation instructions for Condor:

3.2 Installation

Here is the download site:

Download Condor

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to create a grid file

Hi everybody: I want to create a grid file for export to statistical program. My aid is create a file with both rows, one row are x coordenates and other for y coordenates. All grid obviousolly are same space. the form that i want is this: x=(400000 ........ 600000) and y=(4000000 .......... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tonet
1 Replies

2. AIX

GRID containers technology

Hi forum, I am aware that on Hp-Superdome technology (Blade Servers) is avaliable while on Solaris GRID technology is the latest in the market. I would like to know if similar high end technology is also available for AIX ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dheram
1 Replies

3. High Performance Computing

Grid vs. Parallel vs. Distributed

Hello all, I was wondering if someone could either explain or maybe point me to another article somewhere that explains the difference between: distributed computing grid computing parallel computing I see these terms thrown around a lot in server and cluster environments, but I'd like a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Heathe_Kyle
2 Replies

4. Virtualization and Cloud Computing

Event Cloud Computing - IBM Turning Data Centers Into ?Computing Cloud?

Tim Bass Thu, 15 Nov 2007 23:55:07 +0000 *I predict we may experience less*debates*on the use of the term “event cloud”*related to*CEP in the future, now that both IBM and Google* have made announcements about “cloud computing” and “computing cloud”, IBM Turning Data Centers Into ‘Computing... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linux Bot
0 Replies

5. High Performance Computing

Alternative to Sun Grid Engine

Does anybody know of a good alternative to Sun Grid Engine? It seems that Oracle is now charging for this software. I am running a HPC cluster that has Solaris 10 machines and I am adding some nodes that will be running Ubuntu 10.04, eventually the Solaris machines will be migrating to Ubuntu. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccj4467
0 Replies
condor_config_bind(1)					      General Commands Manual					     condor_config_bind(1)

Name
       condor_config_bind bind - together a set of configuration files

Synopsis
       condor_config_bind -help

condor_config_bind-o outputfileconfigfile1configfile2[configfile3...]

Description
       condor_config_binddynamically binds two or more Condor configuration files through the use of a new configuration file. The purpose of this
       tool is to allow the user to dynamically bind a local configuration file into an already created,  and  possible  immutable,  configuration
       file. This is particularly useful when the user wants to modify a configuration but cannot actually make any changes to the global configu-
       ration file (even to change the list of local configuration files). This program does not modify the given configuration files. Rather,	it
       creates a new configuration file that specifies the given configuration files as local configuration files.

Condor  evaluates  each	of  the configuration files in the given command-line order (left to right). A value defined in two or more of the
       configuration files results in the last one evaluated defining the value. It overrides any others. To bind a new local configuration into a
       global configuration, specify the local configuration second within the command-line ordering.

Options
       configfile1

First configuration file to bind.

configfile2

Second configuration file to bind.

configfile3...

An optional list of other configuration files to bind.

-help

Display brief usage information and exit

-o output_file

Specifies the file name where this program should output the binding configuration.

Exit Status
       condor_config_bindwill exit with a status value of 0 (zero) upon success, and non-zero on error.

Author
       Condor Team, University of Wisconsin-Madison

Copyright
       Copyright  (C)  1990-2012  Condor  Team,  Computer  Sciences Department, University of Wisconsin-Madison, Madison, WI. All Rights Reserved.
       Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0.

See the Condor Version 7.8.2 Manualor http://www.condorproject.org/licensefor additional notices. condor-admin@cs.wisc.edu

September 2012					     condor_config_bind(1)