Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: how to do GRID COMPUTING?
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications High Performance Computing how to do GRID COMPUTING? Post 302279804 by Neo on Friday 23rd of January 2009 10:21:48 PM
Old 01-23-2009
The future Fedora Nightlife project is based on Condor:

Here are the installation instructions for Condor:

3.2 Installation

Here is the download site:

Download Condor

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to create a grid file

Hi everybody: I want to create a grid file for export to statistical program. My aid is create a file with both rows, one row are x coordenates and other for y coordenates. All grid obviousolly are same space. the form that i want is this: x=(400000 ........ 600000) and y=(4000000 .......... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tonet
1 Replies

2. AIX

GRID containers technology

Hi forum, I am aware that on Hp-Superdome technology (Blade Servers) is avaliable while on Solaris GRID technology is the latest in the market. I would like to know if similar high end technology is also available for AIX ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dheram
1 Replies

3. High Performance Computing

Grid vs. Parallel vs. Distributed

Hello all, I was wondering if someone could either explain or maybe point me to another article somewhere that explains the difference between: distributed computing grid computing parallel computing I see these terms thrown around a lot in server and cluster environments, but I'd like a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Heathe_Kyle
2 Replies

4. Virtualization and Cloud Computing

Event Cloud Computing - IBM Turning Data Centers Into ?Computing Cloud?

Tim Bass Thu, 15 Nov 2007 23:55:07 +0000 *I predict we may experience less*debates*on the use of the term “event cloud”*related to*CEP in the future, now that both IBM and Google* have made announcements about “cloud computing” and “computing cloud”, IBM Turning Data Centers Into ‘Computing... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linux Bot
0 Replies

5. High Performance Computing

Alternative to Sun Grid Engine

Does anybody know of a good alternative to Sun Grid Engine? It seems that Oracle is now charging for this software. I am running a HPC cluster that has Solaris 10 machines and I am adding some nodes that will be running Ubuntu 10.04, eventually the Solaris machines will be migrating to Ubuntu. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccj4467
0 Replies
condor_preen(1) 					      General Commands Manual						   condor_preen(1)

Name
       condor_preen remove - extraneous files from Condor directories

Synopsis
       condor_preen [-mail] [-remove] [-verbose]

Description
       condor_preenexamines  the  directories belonging to Condor, and removes extraneous files and directories which may be left over from Condor
       processes which terminated abnormally either due to internal errors or a system crash. The directories checked are the  LOG  ,	EXECUTE  ,
       and   SPOOL directories as defined in the Condor configuration files. condor_preenis intended to be run as user	root or user  condor peri-
       odically as a backup method to ensure reasonable file system cleanliness in the face of errors. This is done automatically  by  default	by
       the condor_masterdaemon. It may also be explicitly invoked on an as needed basis.

When  condor_preencleans the  SPOOL directory, it always leaves behind the files specified in the configuration variable  VALID_SPOOL_FILES
       as given by the configuration. For the  LOG directory, the only files removed or reported are those listed within the  configuration  vari-
       able   INVALID_LOG_FILES  list. The reason for this difference is that, in general, the files in the  LOG directory ought to be left alone,
       with few exceptions. An example of exceptions are core files. As there are new log files introduced regularly, it is less effort to specify
       those that ought to be removed than those that are not to be removed.

Options
       -mail

Send mail to the user defined in the	PREEN_ADMIN configuration variable, instead of writing to the standard output.

-remove

Remove the offending files and directories rather than reporting on them.

-verbose

List all files found in the Condor directories, even those which are not considered extraneous.

Exit Status
       condor_preenwill exit with a status value of 0 (zero) upon success, and it will exit with the value 1 (one) upon failure.

Author
       Condor Team, University of Wisconsin-Madison

Copyright
       Copyright  (C)  1990-2012  Condor  Team,  Computer  Sciences Department, University of Wisconsin-Madison, Madison, WI. All Rights Reserved.
       Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0.

See the Condor Version 7.8.2 Manualor http://www.condorproject.org/licensefor additional notices. condor-admin@cs.wisc.edu

September 2012						   condor_preen(1)