Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: how to do GRID COMPUTING?
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications High Performance Computing how to do GRID COMPUTING? Post 302279804 by Neo on Friday 23rd of January 2009 10:21:48 PM
Old 01-23-2009
The future Fedora Nightlife project is based on Condor:

Here are the installation instructions for Condor:

3.2 Installation

Here is the download site:

Download Condor

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to create a grid file

Hi everybody: I want to create a grid file for export to statistical program. My aid is create a file with both rows, one row are x coordenates and other for y coordenates. All grid obviousolly are same space. the form that i want is this: x=(400000 ........ 600000) and y=(4000000 .......... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tonet
1 Replies

2. AIX

GRID containers technology

Hi forum, I am aware that on Hp-Superdome technology (Blade Servers) is avaliable while on Solaris GRID technology is the latest in the market. I would like to know if similar high end technology is also available for AIX ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dheram
1 Replies

3. High Performance Computing

Grid vs. Parallel vs. Distributed

Hello all, I was wondering if someone could either explain or maybe point me to another article somewhere that explains the difference between: distributed computing grid computing parallel computing I see these terms thrown around a lot in server and cluster environments, but I'd like a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Heathe_Kyle
2 Replies

4. Virtualization and Cloud Computing

Event Cloud Computing - IBM Turning Data Centers Into ?Computing Cloud?

Tim Bass Thu, 15 Nov 2007 23:55:07 +0000 *I predict we may experience less*debates*on the use of the term “event cloud”*related to*CEP in the future, now that both IBM and Google* have made announcements about “cloud computing” and “computing cloud”, IBM Turning Data Centers Into ‘Computing... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linux Bot
0 Replies

5. High Performance Computing

Alternative to Sun Grid Engine

Does anybody know of a good alternative to Sun Grid Engine? It seems that Oracle is now charging for this software. I am running a HPC cluster that has Solaris 10 machines and I am adding some nodes that will be running Ubuntu 10.04, eventually the Solaris machines will be migrating to Ubuntu. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccj4467
0 Replies
condor_gather_info(1)					      General Commands Manual					     condor_gather_info(1)

Name
       condor_gather_info Gather - information about a Condor installation and a queued job

Synopsis
       condor_gather_info[ -- jobid<ClusterId.ProcId>] [ -- scratch/path/to/directory]

Description
       NOTE:  The usage information that the Condor versions 7.7.3 and 7.7.4 condor_gather_infotool outputs is not quite correct. This manual page
       is more accurate for those releases.

condor_gather_infowill collect and output information about the machine it is run upon, about the Condor installation local to the machine,
       and optionally about a specified Condor job. The information gathered by this tool is most often used as a debugging aid for the developers
       of Condor.

Without the  -- jobidoption, information about the local machine and its Condor installation is gathered and placed into  the  file  called
       condor-profile.txt  ,  in  the  current working directory. Specification of the information gathered is given in the General Remarkssection
       below, under the category of Identity.

With the  -- jobidoption, additional information is gathered about the job identified by its  ClusterId	and   ProcId  ClassAd  attributes.
       This  information  includes  both categories as given in the General Remarkssection below: Identity and Job information. As the quantity of
       information can be extensive, this information is placed into a compressed tar file. The file is placed into the current working directory,
       and  it is named using the format  cgi-<username>-jid<ClusterId>.<ProcId>-<year>-<month>-<day>-<hour>_<minute>_<second>-<TZ>.tar.gz , where
       all values within  <> are substituted with current values. The building of this potentially large tar file can require  a  fair	amount	of
       temporary  space. If the  -- scratchoption is specified, it identifies a directory in which to build the tar file. If the  -- scratchoption
       is notspecified, then the directory will be  /tmp/cgi-<PID> , where the process ID is that of the condor_gather_infoexecutable.

Options
       --jobid <ClusterId.ProcId>

Data mine information about this Condor job from the local Condor installation and condor_schedd.

--scratch /path/to/directory

A path to temporary space needed when building the output tar file. Defaults to  /tmp/cgi-<PID>  ,  where   <PID>  is  replaced  by  the
	  process ID of condor_gather_info .

General Remarks
       The information gathered by this tool is:

1. Identity

* User name who generated the report

* Script location and machine name

* Date of report creation

*	uname -a

* Contents of  /etc/issue

* Contents of  /etc/redhat-release

* Contents of  /etc/debian_version

*	ps -auxww -forest

*	df -h

*	iptables -L

*	ls `condor_config_val LOG`

*	ldd `condor_config_val SBIN`/condor_schedd

* Contents of  /etc/hosts

* Contents of  /etc/nsswitch.conf

*	ulimit -a

* Network interface configuration ( ifconfig )

* Condor version

* Location of Condor configuration files

* Condor configuration variables

* All variables and values

* Definition locations for each configuration variable

2. Job Information

*	condor_q jobid

*	condor_q -l jobid

*	condor_q -better-analyze jobid

* Job user log, if it exists

* Only events pertaining to the job ID

Files
	  condor-profile.txt The Identity portion of the information gathered when condor_gather_info is run without arguments.

cgi-<username>-jid<cluster>.<proc>-<year>-<month>-<day>-<hour>_<minute>_<second>-<TZ>.tar.gz	The  output file which contains all of the
	  information produced by this tool.

Exit Status
       condor_gather_infowill exit with a status value of 0 (zero) upon success, and it will exit with the value 1 (one) upon failure.

Author
       Condor Team, University of Wisconsin-Madison

Copyright
       Copyright (C) 1990-2012 Condor Team, Computer Sciences Department, University of  Wisconsin-Madison,  Madison,  WI.  All  Rights  Reserved.
       Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0.

See the Condor Version 7.8.2 Manualor http://www.condorproject.org/licensefor additional notices. condor-admin@cs.wisc.edu

September 2012					     condor_gather_info(1)