Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Help connecting to linux server from shh client in windows! Post 302279710 by Ikon on Friday 23rd of January 2009 03:27:51 PM
Old 01-23-2009
My assumption what based on this comment....

Quote:
I am behind a router if that matters.
But that was assuming that both PC's, as you said, were on different subnets.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem Connecting from Windows base OS to linux

I have a network consisting of Linux Server, Win-Nt & 95 OS. I am able to connect from Linux to Win-NT using either ftp / telnet in time. But it takes me around & more than 50 seconds to connect from Wint -Nt/95 to Linux using either ftp/telnet. My network is small & it hardly consists 20-25... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: S.Vishwanath
3 Replies

2. Programming

Windows Client Vs Unix Server?

i have written a TCP client server application in c under unix. The windows systems should also be alowed to connect to the TCP server running on linux.So i wrote a small client application in VB using winsock. The client and server works fine in the linux environment. When i tried to connect the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: collins
0 Replies

3. IP Networking

Explor the Unix server on Windows Client machine

Hi, I am doin a project that'll work as a normal Explorer on Windows but the best thing is it'll be exploring the content of a UNIX server. The application would be runnin on the windows platform with probably a FTP server on UNIX server. How i should proceed? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ziaullahk
2 Replies

4. Programming

tcp server listening, client connecting problems

hello everyone. I tried searching for something related to this, but I figured it was time to ask my own question. I am experiencing these problems using Ubuntu 7.04 I am starting up a TCP listener/server and once connected, will act as a communication/control link with a program on another... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pjwhite
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

connecting UNIX/Linux to NTP server

Hello i want to connect my solaris & Linux boxes to ntp server i used the command /usr/sbin/ntpdate -s -b -p 8 -u <NTP-IP> and added the NTP server as server in /etc/ntp.conf please help in completing the process and verifying it (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: learn82
1 Replies

6. Programming

UDP linux client and Windows server

Hi, I have a situation where i need to communicate a linux client with a windows server, I am using a UDP socket communication channel. I am able to send packets from my linux clients to the windows server but unable to receive any data packet from the server. Do i need to make any setting in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: John20
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connecting to Windows Server

Hi, One of the folders in UNIX is mapped with a drive on Windows.From this UNIX machine I want to connect to the Windows Server, perform some checks and view the results back on the UNIX machine. For e.g. if I touch a file under the shared folder on UNIX, I should be able to telnet to Windows... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: swasid
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help connecting linux box to Windows - winbindd problem

Hi experts - I hope you can help me. I am trying to resolve Windows host names (aka Netbios names, aka "UNC names) from a Linux box. I have added "dns wins" to the "hosts" line at /etc/nsswitch.conf, and installed samba 3.2.2 and ran "winbindd -D". Now, when I go: "wbinfo -N venus" (where... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: maryg
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connecting to Windows server from UNIX through script

I am trying to connect to a Windows server say 10.1.1.10. This servers has a folder named RAJ in which there are multiple .zip files. All these zip files contain a text file called XYZ.txt. Now i have to merge the content of these XYZ.txt files from each of the .zip file and create a new text... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: swapniljadav
1 Replies

10. IP Networking

Unable to SSH from Windows client to Ubuntu Server

I'm trying to setup a small home network environment as a pet project. These are physical machines nothing virtual. Any help or ideas is greatly appreciated. I can ping between both machines and I have Samba established and can read/write different shares. When I try to SSH from Windows 8.1... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: lombardi4851
10 Replies
LESSECHO(1)						      General Commands Manual						       LESSECHO(1)

NAME
lessecho - expand metacharacters SYNOPSIS
lessecho [-ox] [-cx] [-pn] [-dn] [-mx] [-nn] [-ex] [-a] file ... DESCRIPTION
lessecho is a program that simply echos its arguments on standard output. But any metacharacter in the output is preceded by an "escape" character, which by default is a backslash. OPTIONS
A summary of options is included below. -ex Specifies "x", rather than backslash, to be the escape char for metachars. If x is "-", no escape char is used and arguments con- taining metachars are surrounded by quotes instead. -ox Specifies "x", rather than double-quote, to be the open quote character, which is used if the -e- option is specified. -cx Specifies "x" to be the close quote character. -pn Specifies "n" to be the open quote character, as an integer. -dn Specifies "n" to be the close quote character, as an integer. -mx Specifies "x" to be a metachar. By default, no characters are considered metachars. -nn Specifies "n" to be a metachar, as an integer. -fn Specifies "n" to be the escape char for metachars, as an integer. -a Specifies that all arguments are to be quoted. The default is that only arguments containing metacharacters are quoted SEE ALSO
less(1) AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Thomas Schoepf <schoepf@debian.org>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). Send bug reports or comments to bug-less@gnu.org. Version 458: 04 Apr 2013 LESSECHO(1)