Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Newbie help with New Line & Blank Line Post 302279706 by vgersh99 on Friday 23rd of January 2009 03:19:56 PM
Old 01-23-2009
something along these lines

nawk -f kt.awk myInputFile

kt.awk:
Code:
BEGIN {
  FS=OFS=","
}
FNR==1 {curr=$1}
$1 != curr && NF>1 { curr=$1; printf "\n"}
{
  if (NF>3)
     print $1,$2,$3 ORS $4
  else
     print
}

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Newbie ? Need Help with If/Then & Line Breaks...

I hope this makes sense, but I need help with what is indicated with %%, below : A.) ####List active servers and send to file#### # ps -ef | grep jboss | grep sh | awk '{if ($14) {print $12;}else {print $11}}' | sort > /export/home/kthatch/script_results client302 client306 client309... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kthatch
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed: delete regex line and next line if blank

Hi, I want to write a sed script which from batiato: batiato/giubbe: pip_b.2.txt pip_b.3.txt pip_b.3mmm.txt bennato: bennato/peterpan: 123.txt consoli: pip_a.12.txt daniele: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: one71
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Question: Help need to remove blank line & sed: Couldn't re-allocate memory error.

I've shell script where i used the below command to take the line which contains patterns. sed -n "/$year 05:/,/$year 17:/p" trace.log | grep -f patterns.txt > output.log This was working fine for long time, but now a days this script is not working with and throwing error like sed:... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: senthil.ak
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace two blank line with a single blank line

Hi Guys, I have a file in which each set of records are separated by two blank line. I want to replace it with a single blank line. Can you guys help me out? Regards, Magesh (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mac4rfree
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fill the empty line by adding line before blank line

FIle A "A" 2 aa 34 3 ac 5 cd "B" 3 hu 67 4 fg 5 gy output shud be A"" 2 aa 34 "A" 3 ac 34 "A" 5 cd 34 "B" 3 hu 67 "B" 4 fg 67 "B" 5 gy 67 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdfd123
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print lines between a regExp & a blank line

Hi, I have a file, say files_list, as below (o/p of ls -R cmd) $ cat files_list /remote/dir/path/to/file: sub-dir1 sub-dir2 sub-dir3 ... /remote/dir/path/to/file/sub-dir1: remote_file1.csv.tgz <blank line 1> /remote/dir/path/to/file/sub-dir2: remote_file2.csv.tgz <blank... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dips_ag
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

String search and print next all lines in one line until blank line

Dear all I want to search special string in file and then print next all line in one line until blank lines come. Help me plz for same. My input file and desire op file is as under. i/p file: A1/EXT "BSCABD1_21233G1" 757 130823 1157 RADIO X-CEIVER ADMINISTRATION BTS EXTERNAL FAULT ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaydeep_sadaria
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a program that read a file line by line and prints out lines 1, 2 & 3 after an empty line...

Hello, I need a program that read a file line by line and prints out lines 1, 2 & 3 after an empty line... An example of entries in the file would be: SRVXPAPI001 ERRO JUN24 07:28:34 1775 REASON= 0000, PROCID= #E506 #1065: TPCIPPR, INDEX= 003F ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ferocci
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combine multiline to one line till a blank line

Hello, I have a file as :- ABC DEF GHI JKL <BlankLine> MNO PQR STU VWX <BlankLine> YZA I need it as below:- ABCDEFGHIJKL; MNOPQRSTUVWX; (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jassi10781
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

In a file, replace blank line by the last line not blank above

Dear All, In a CSV file, say that a given column has been extracted. In that column, information is missing (i.e. blank lines appear). I would like to replace the blank lines by the last valid line (not blank) previously read. For example, consider the extract below: 123 234 543 111... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bagvian
7 Replies
ipentry(n)						    An IP address entry widget							ipentry(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
ipentry - An IP address entry widget SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.4 package require Tk 8.4 package require ipentry ?0.3? ::ipentry::ipentry pathName ?option value...? ::ipentry::ipentry6 pathName ?option value...? pathName complete pathName get pathName insert iplist pathName icursor index pathName configure option value... pathName cget option _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This package provides a widget for the entering of a IP address. ::ipentry::ipentry pathName ?option value...? Creates a new IPv4 ipentry widget and configures it with the given options and their values. ::ipentry::ipentry6 pathName ?option value...? Creates a new ipentry widget for the entry of an IPv6 address. All options are the same as the IPv4 widget. Each widget created with the command above supports the following methods: pathName complete Returns a boolean value. True indicates that the entry contains a complete IP address, meaning all fields have a value. In some cases IPv6 address are valid when fields are missing. You will need to do your own validation to detect this. pathName get Returns the contents of the entry as a list consisting of 4 or 8 elements. pathName insert iplist IPv4 Takes a list of 4 elements and inserts one into each quad of the entry, in order. All values in the list must be empty or integers. Values outside the range 0 to 255 are modified to be within the range. IPv6 Takes a list of 8 elements and inserts one into each quad of the entry, in order. All values in the list must be empty or 1 to 4 hex digits. pathName icursor index Sets the position of the widgets insertion cursor. Only integer values between 0 and 15 are valid for ipentry and 0 to 31 for ipen- try6. Setting the icursor will only have an effect if the widget already has the input focus. pathName configure option value... Modifies the configuration of the widget. For options and their meaning see the widget options section. pathName cget option Returns information about the current configuration of the widget, for the specified option. For options and their meaning see the widget options section. WIDGET OPTIONS
Command-Line Switch: -textvariable Database Name: textvariable Database Class: Variable The name of a variable which holds the value of the IP address. The value must be a string of the form NNN.NNN.NNN.NNN for IPv4 or HHHH:HHHH:HHHH:HHHH:HHHH:HHHH:HHHH:HHHH for IPv6 where H is a hex digit. The variable will be modified to represent a valid IP address if it is not already. Command-Line Switch: -state Database Name: state Database Class: State Specifies one of three states for the entry: normal, disabled, or readonly. Command-Line Switch: -font Database Name: font Database Class: Font Command-Line Switch: -bd Database Name: borderWidth Database Class: BorderWidth Command-Line Switch: -fg Database Name: foreground Database Class: Foreground Command-Line Switch: -bg Database Name: background Database Class: Background Command-Line Switch: -relief Database Name: relief Database Class: Relief Command-Line Switch: -highlightthickness Database Name: highlightThickness Database Class: HighlightThickness Command-Line Switch: -highlightcolor Database Name: highlightColor Database Class: HighlightColor Command-Line Switch: -highlightbackground Database Name: highlightBackground Database Class: HighlightBackground Command-Line Switch: -selectbackground Database Name: selectBackground Database Class: Background Command-Line Switch: -selectforeground Database Name: selectForeground Database Class: Foreground Command-Line Switch: -selectborderwidth Database Name: selectBorderWidth Database Class: BorderWidth Command-Line Switch: -disabledbackground Database Name: disabledBackground Database Class: DisabledBackground Command-Line Switch: -disabledforeground Database Name: disabledForeground Database Class: DisabledForeground Command-Line Switch: -readonlybackground Database Name: readonlyBackground Database Class: ReadonlyBackground Command-Line Switch: -insertbackground Database Name: insertBackground Database Class: Background Standard widget options. See options for a description of their meanings and values. KEYWORDS
entry, ip address ipentry 0.3 ipentry(n)