Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Points?
Contact Us Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators Points? Post 302279665 by candlejack on Friday 23rd of January 2009 12:45:35 PM
Old 01-23-2009
Lightbulb Points?

Has any thought been given to assigning points to threads much in the way the HP ITRC forums do? This might not be possible, just a thought.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

mount points

sometimes in Solaris 8 when I go to mount filesystems using either the mount command or by editing the /etc/vfstab, i get a nice little error message saying the the number of allowable mount points has been exceeded. I have read man pages until I am blue in the face and no where can I find what the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manderson19
3 Replies

2. UNIX and Linux Applications

Gnuplot question: how to plot 3D points as colored points in map view?

I have a simple gnuplot question. I have a set of points (list of x,y,z values; irregularly spaced, i.e. no grid) that I want to plot. I want the plot to look like this: - points in map view (no 3D view) - color of each point should depend on its z-value. - I want to define my own color scale -... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: karman
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I get entries between two points

Hi, I am trying to write a script to get entries between two points lets say start and end points from a log file, the log file time format is as follows Start - 07/Aug/2008:18:26:43 End - 07/Aug/2008:19:36:43 I tried using the following awk command but it couldnt pick up the entries... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: openspark
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

mount points

hi, I believe a mount point does not have to be a physical disk, but rather a logical one? Is this correct? if so, how can I find out if my mount points are on different physical disks? thanks (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: JamesByars
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Interpolating on a line between to points

I have two points which represent the start and end points of a line. I need to interpolate a number of points on the line between the two points. Point 1: x = 455989.0 y = 8673453.4 Point 2: x = 283957.6 y = 8691250.1 The two points I have are coordinates given in UTM format. x... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mattings
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Aggregated points

Combine points of specific key (a1) based on user defined size (lets say 200 in this example). so a1 191 and 191+200 and sum of all the values (4th column) and vice versa... Thanx a bunch! a1 191 201 1 a1 201 211 2 a1 211 221 1 a1 ....... .... a2......... ........ (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: quincyjones
7 Replies

7. Red Hat

Mount Points? How?

Hi folks, I have been asked to performed the following: Add the following new moint points systemA:/avp and SystemB:/usr/sap/trans to be the new linux server ZZZ How can I add those mount points and how those mount points can become another linuz server?:wall::wall::wall: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 300zxmuro
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Generate points for cdf

Hi, I am trying to make a cdf curve from the following data. 34.3 19.2 20.7 28.3 32.5 21 37.6 The output should be something like this: 0 0 19.2 0.14 20.7 0.28 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamie_123
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with decimal points

Hi All, I would like to set decimal point to 16 in the following bash script but it has syntax error at }: awk '{printf"%.16e", (a<500,a++,$1/(a*1.1212121212121229e-02))}' input.dat >output.datHow may I set it in the correct way please? Thank you very much! (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sxiong
6 Replies
XDrawPoints()															     XDrawPoints()

Name
  XDrawPoints - draw multiple points.

Synopsis
  XDrawPoints(display, drawable, gc, points, npoints, mode)
	Display *display;
	Drawable drawable;
	GC gc;
	XPoint *points;
	int npoints;
	int mode;

Arguments
  display   Specifies a connection to an X server; returned from XOpenDisplay().

drawable  Specifies the drawable.

gc	    Specifies the graphics context.

points    Specifies a pointer to an array of XPoint structures containing the positions of the points.

npoints   Specifies the number of points to be drawn.

mode	    Specifies  the  coordinate mode. CoordModeOrigin treats all coordinates as relative to the origin, while CoordModePrevious treats
	    all coordinates after the first as relative to the previous point, while the first is still relative to the origin.

Description
  XDrawPoints() draws one or more points into the specified drawable.  XDrawPoints() draws the points in the order listed in the array.

In R4 and earlier, because of the maximum request size, there is a limit to the number of points that can  be  drawn	in  a  single  XDraw-
  Points()  call,  that  varies according to the server.  In R5, Xlib breaks the call up into as many requests as required.  To determine how
  many points you can draw in a single call in R4, you find out your server's maximum request size using XMaxRequestSize().   Subtract	three
  and this is the maximum number of points you can draw in a single XDrawPoints() call.

XDrawPoints()  uses  these graphics context components: function, plane_mask, foreground, subwindow_mode, clip_x_origin, clip_y_origin, and
  clip_mask.

For more information, see Volume One, Chapter 6, Drawing Graphics and Text, and Chapter 5, The Graphics Context.

Structures
     typedef struct {
	 short x, y;
     } XPoint;

Errors
  BadDrawable
  BadGC
  BadMatch
  BadValue

See Also
  XClearArea(), XClearWindow(), XCopyArea(), XCopyPlane(), XDraw, XDrawArc(), XDrawArcs(), XDrawFilled(), XDrawLine(),	XDrawLines(),  XDraw-
  Points(),  XDrawRectangle(),	XDrawRectangles(),  XDrawSegments(),  XFillArc(), XFillArcs(), XFillPolygon(), XFillRectangle(), XFillRectan-
  gles().

Xlib - Drawing Primitives													     XDrawPoints()