Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers calling all IRIX admins/users, help! Post 302279656 by shaun138 on Friday 23rd of January 2009 11:49:07 AM
Old 01-23-2009
hmm ok

well how do you set the EEPROM on an IRIX box so it boots in single-user mode with a password?

I know on a Solaris box you set either eeprom security-more=full or eeprom security-more=command

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with IRIX

I have a SGI sys with Irix running on it. Actually i cant see the console login . It just shows a blank blue screen . I can use the mouse though. Also i can remote login into the m/c I am new to SGI . Can anybody help (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jai
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Irix

I have an SGI running IRIX 6.5 The prob is when i login as user and open a file , it gives me error as "OUT OF MEMORY" when i su or login as root . THis error disappers I have lot of space in the System . Thanx DPai (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: DPAI
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

I am looking for a link in IRIX 5.3

I am using IRIX 5.3, When I type "man" in a UNIX text console from any machine on my network, I want to pull out the man pages from the station where they have been installed. Would anyone know the link? I would be so greatfull. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Trixee
1 Replies

4. Programming

Irix 5.3

I am using IRIX 5.3, When I type "man" in a UNIX text console from any machine on my network, I want to pull out the man pages from the station where they have been installed. Would anyone know the link? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Trixee
3 Replies

5. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Disk Drive for Irix

I am looking for a Disk Drive for SGI Octane with Irix 6.4 . I was just hoping if someone out there can give me the vendor and part number ... Need a 9GB hopefully. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DPAI
1 Replies

6. IP Networking

Internet in IRIX

I've got an O2 (R5000 32-bit) running IRIX 6.3. The problem is that my ISP requires me to have a DHCP client and I do not know how to enable it. I've tried via-wizard, but, only have the chance to enable a Static IP address. Does anybody know or can explain me how to enable it manually? :mad: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gastondoval
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

PASSLENGTH on Irix

My first post here, and hopefully it will be one of many to come. I am currently running multiple SGI's with different versions of Irix. I have a problem setting the minimum password length for users. I have modified the /etc/default/passwd so that PASSLENGTH = 8 However, it still... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: herrmag
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

IRIX 6.5 newbie

I have had the great fortune to get an sgi octane for free! :D I have managed to get me an OS(IRIX 6.5.19f) but I have some questions that I hope are not too simple to the gurus out there. Before I ask, I build macs and PC's and have had some experience hacking osx into old beige macs, and pcs,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gheem
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Samba for IRIX 6.5.26

I am not new to unix as a user, but new in setting up a workstation/server. I need to connect to my PC network to share files. I have heard Samba is a good tool, but they do not have a compiled version to download for IRIX. Can someone help me out? Thanks, Orrbit (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: orrbit
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

MTU setting for IRIX

Couldn't find an IRIX forum, so I'm posting to this one... Just had our SAs rebuild an IRIX machine and now I need to set the MTU to 1344 (vice 1500 default). I can set it manually using the ifconfig command, but it won't survive a reboot. I made an entry into the /etc/init.d/ifconfig-1.options... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: scottwevans
0 Replies
asadmin-list-connector-security-maps(1AS)			   User Commands			 asadmin-list-connector-security-maps(1AS)

NAME
asadmin-list-connector-security-maps, list-connector-security-maps - lists the security maps for the named connector connection pool SYNOPSIS
list-connector-security-maps --user admin_user [--password admin_password] [--host localhost] [--port 4848] [--secure|-s] [--passwordfile filename] [--terse=false] [--echo=false] [--interactive=true] [--verbose=false] [--securitymap mapname] pool_name lists the security map belonging to the named connector connection pool. This command is supported in remote mode only. OPTIONS
--user authorized domain application server administrative username. --password password to administer the domain application server. --host machine name where the domain application server is running. --port port number of the domain application server listening for administration requests. --secure if true, uses SSL/TLS to communicate with the domain application server. --passwordfile file containing the domain application server password. --terse indicates that any output data must be very concise, typically avoiding human-friendly sentences and favoring well- formatted data for consumption by a script. Default is false. --echo setting to true will echo the command line statement on the standard output. Default is false. --interactive if set to true (default), only the required password options are prompted. --verbose lists the identify, principals, and the security name. --securitymap name of the security map. OPERANDS
poolname name of the pool. Example 1: Using list-connector-security-maps with security map option asadmin> list-connector-security-maps --user admin --password adminadmin --securitymap mysecuremap securityPool1 Command list-connector-security-maps executed successfully One security map (mysecuremap) is listed for the securityPool1 pool. Example 2: Using list-connector-security-maps asadmin> list-connector-security-maps --user admin --password adminadmin securityPool1 Command list-connector-security-maps executed successfully All the security maps are listed for the securityPool1 pool. EXIT STATUS
0 command executed successfully 1 error in executing the command asadmin-delete-connector-security-map(1AS), asadmin-create-connector-security-map(1), asadmin-update-connector-security-map(1AS) J2EE 1.4 SDK March 2004 asadmin-list-connector-security-maps(1AS)