Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming I have C++ exe file( no source code) and need to run many large dataset under unix, b Post 302279635 by fpmurphy on Friday 23rd of January 2009 10:58:35 AM
Old 01-23-2009
What version of UNIX are you using?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

How to run .exe file

Hello, I have an test.exe file under a directory. When i execute the .exe file directory from the prompt, i get following error: $ test.exe <enter> ksh: test.exe: not found How do i solve this error? TIA, Ramesh (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: brap45
1 Replies

2. UNIX and Linux Applications

Is it possible to run .exe in unix

hi friends i want to know if its possible to run windows exe files in unix.... i know the file system in windows and unix are totally different. but is there any application which allows this???? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikashtulsiyan
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

compile .exe, run in unix.

Hi all, I am using putty to access my school unix servers. I have recently downloaded a source file of a software in .tar format. I change the code of the program and compile it in VS8 and build an .exe file. 1) I copy the .exe file to my school account but I could not make it work. How... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hkullana
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

(Beginner) Run c++ .exe with input to file

Hi, I've got this requirement for my homework assignment, but I'm not sure how to meet it: In the comamnd line, I need to type $ <exec-file> <input> <output_file_name> Like: test 1+2 out.txt Which should execute test.exe passing in 1+2 and directing output to out.txt. I know how... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JustinT
1 Replies

5. OS X (Apple)

Need to run UNIX exe on apple

Hello all, I am looking for some help with running a unix executable file using Apple Remote Desktop or Terminal with no user intervention. I am able to create a packate that can copy the file to the machine using ARD but I would like to copy the file and run the command with out the users... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dam1197
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove a subset of data from a large dataset based on values on one line

Hello. I was wondering if anyone could help. I have a file containing a large table in the format: marker1 marker2 marker3 marker4 position1 position2 position3 position4 genotype1 genotype2 genotype3 genotype4 with marker being a name, position a numeric... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: davegen
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run exe files in unix

Hi I have a open source tool called table text comparator Link to download that tool: http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/csv_file_comparison.html I wish to run this tool in our unix servers. In windows O.S i just have to unzip and i can use this tool by running the .exe file. So i want to know how... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ganesh_more
6 Replies

8. SuSE

FTP set codepage of source dataset

I have a file on Suse Linux which is created in codepage 420. I need to FTP this file to a remote server with codepage 1256. How do I specify in FTP that the source codepage is 420 instead of the Linux default? Is this possible with curl or any other ftp client on Linux. I don't see a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tsdjim
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Selecting random columns from large dataset in UNIX

Dear folks I have a large data set which contains 400K columns. I decide to select 50K determined columns from the whole 400K columns. Is there any command in unix which could do this process for me? I need to also mention that I store all of the columns id in one file which may help to select... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sajmar
5 Replies

10. Solaris

How to run putty.exe file in server?

Hi, I want to run putty.exe in Solaris server.My main aim is to invoke the putty.exe in Solaris server from a web application(.jsp) deployed in the server so that putty terminal should open. Thanks in advance (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: chaithanyaa
11 Replies
IO::Socket::UNIX(3perl) 				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide				   IO::Socket::UNIX(3perl)

NAME
IO::Socket::UNIX - Object interface for AF_UNIX domain sockets SYNOPSIS
use IO::Socket::UNIX; DESCRIPTION
"IO::Socket::UNIX" provides an object interface to creating and using sockets in the AF_UNIX domain. It is built upon the IO::Socket interface and inherits all the methods defined by IO::Socket. CONSTRUCTOR
new ( [ARGS] ) Creates an "IO::Socket::UNIX" object, which is a reference to a newly created symbol (see the "Symbol" package). "new" optionally takes arguments, these arguments are in key-value pairs. In addition to the key-value pairs accepted by IO::Socket, "IO::Socket::UNIX" provides. Type Type of socket (eg SOCK_STREAM or SOCK_DGRAM) Local Path to local fifo Peer Path to peer fifo Listen Create a listen socket If the constructor is only passed a single argument, it is assumed to be a "Peer" specification. NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE As of VERSION 1.18 all IO::Socket objects have autoflush turned on by default. This was not the case with earlier releases. NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE METHODS
hostpath() Returns the pathname to the fifo at the local end peerpath() Returns the pathanme to the fifo at the peer end SEE ALSO
Socket, IO::Socket AUTHOR
Graham Barr. Currently maintained by the Perl Porters. Please report all bugs to <perl5-porters@perl.org>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1996-8 Graham Barr <gbarr@pobox.com>. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2010-12-30 IO::Socket::UNIX(3perl)