Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: how to do GRID COMPUTING?
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications High Performance Computing how to do GRID COMPUTING? Post 302279505 by nsharath on Friday 23rd of January 2009 01:28:30 AM
Old 01-23-2009
Bug how to do GRID COMPUTING?

Hello,
I want to know how to combine the processing power of given 2 FEDORA machines in LAN.
Can you please tell me the commands,etc used to perform such an operations.Can you please give me the links where I can find more info on this topic.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to create a grid file

Hi everybody: I want to create a grid file for export to statistical program. My aid is create a file with both rows, one row are x coordenates and other for y coordenates. All grid obviousolly are same space. the form that i want is this: x=(400000 ........ 600000) and y=(4000000 .......... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tonet
1 Replies

2. AIX

GRID containers technology

Hi forum, I am aware that on Hp-Superdome technology (Blade Servers) is avaliable while on Solaris GRID technology is the latest in the market. I would like to know if similar high end technology is also available for AIX ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dheram
1 Replies

3. High Performance Computing

Grid vs. Parallel vs. Distributed

Hello all, I was wondering if someone could either explain or maybe point me to another article somewhere that explains the difference between: distributed computing grid computing parallel computing I see these terms thrown around a lot in server and cluster environments, but I'd like a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Heathe_Kyle
2 Replies

4. Virtualization and Cloud Computing

Event Cloud Computing - IBM Turning Data Centers Into ?Computing Cloud?

Tim Bass Thu, 15 Nov 2007 23:55:07 +0000 *I predict we may experience less*debates*on the use of the term “event cloud”*related to*CEP in the future, now that both IBM and Google* have made announcements about “cloud computing” and “computing cloud”, IBM Turning Data Centers Into ‘Computing... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linux Bot
0 Replies

5. High Performance Computing

Alternative to Sun Grid Engine

Does anybody know of a good alternative to Sun Grid Engine? It seems that Oracle is now charging for this software. I am running a HPC cluster that has Solaris 10 machines and I am adding some nodes that will be running Ubuntu 10.04, eventually the Solaris machines will be migrating to Ubuntu. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccj4467
0 Replies
FENCE_AGENT(8)						      System Manager's Manual						    FENCE_AGENT(8)

NAME
fence_ipmilan - Fence agent for IPMI over LAN DESCRIPTION
fence_ipmilan is an I/O Fencing agent which can be used with machines controlled by IPMI. This agent calls support software using ipmitool (http://ipmitool.sf.net/). To use fence_ipmilan with HP iLO 3 you have to enable lanplus option (lanplus / -P) and increase wait after operation to 4 seconds (power_wait=4 / -T 4) fence_ipmilan accepts options on the command line as well as from stdin. Fenced sends parameters through stdin when it execs the agent. fence_ipmilan can be run by itself with command line options. This is useful for testing and for turning outlets on or off from scripts. PARAMETERS
-A IPMI Lan Auth type (md5, password, or none) -a IPMI Lan IP to talk to -p Password (if required) to control power on IPMI device -S Script to retrieve password (if required) -P Use Lanplus -l Username/Login (if required) to control power on IPMI device -o Operation to perform. Valid operations: on, off, reboot, status, list, diag, monitor or metadata (Default Value: reboot) -t Timeout (sec) for IPMI operation -C Ciphersuite to use (same as ipmitool -C parameter) -M Method to fence (onoff or cycle) (Default Value: onoff) -T Wait X seconds after on/off operation (Default Value: 2) -f Wait X seconds before fencing is started -v Verbose mode ACTIONS
on Power on machine. off Power off machine. reboot Reboot machine. status This returns the status of the plug/virtual machine. diag The operational behavior of this is not known. list List available plugs with aliases/virtual machines if there is support for more then one device. Returns N/A otherwise. monitor Check if fencing device is running. List available plugs/virtual machines or get status of machine (if it does not support more). metadata The operational behavior of this is not known. STDIN PARAMETERS
auth IPMI Lan Auth type (md5, password, or none) ipaddr IPMI Lan IP to talk to passwd Password (if required) to control power on IPMI device passwd_script Script to retrieve password (if required) lanplus Use Lanplus login Username/Login (if required) to control power on IPMI device action Operation to perform. Valid operations: on, off, reboot, status, list, diag, monitor or metadata (Default Value: reboot) timeout Timeout (sec) for IPMI operation cipher Ciphersuite to use (same as ipmitool -C parameter) method Method to fence (onoff or cycle) (Default Value: onoff) power_wait Wait X seconds after on/off operation (Default Value: 2) delay Wait X seconds before fencing is started verbose Verbose mode fence_ipmilan (Fence Agent) 2009-10-20 FENCE_AGENT(8)