Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Merging fields --- Help me plz Post 302279489 by bogu0001 on Thursday 22nd of January 2009 10:49:29 PM
Old 01-22-2009
hey

hey sorry da if u find it hard
may b my mistake. I will try to post clearly. but the data is huge and i'm unable to make i tprecise.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

plz Help How should I configure cc compiler output file plz help???

i.e configuration of C compiler :confused: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: atiato
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

merging fields from 2 different files.

File 1 3337304 2 4 DH.ER@TORONTO.CA 20080504 04622 3337305 2 4 A@C.COM 20080504 04622 3337306 2 4 JO@NET.NET 20080504 04622 3337307 2 4 L@GMAIL.COM 20080504 05344 2479201 2 2 ORY@YAHOO.COM 20080504 05344 File 2 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rudoraj
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk sed cut? to rearrange random number of fields into 3 fields

I'm working on formatting some attendance data to meet a vendors requirements to upload to their system. With some help on the forums here, I have the data close. But they've since changed what they want. The vendor wants me to submit three fields to them. Field 1 is the studentid field,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: axo959
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merging fields --- Join is not working

Hi GUYS sorry for putting simple query. I have tried the methods posted previously in this site but I'm unable to join the similar values in different columns of different files. I used sort -u file1 and join but no use.?? I'm attaching my inputfiles.Plz chek them I have two files. 1st file... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: repinementer
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merging two files by comparing three fields

Hi Experts, I need your timely help. I have a problem with merging two files. Here my situation : Here I have to compare first three fields from FILE1 with FILE2. If they are equal, I have to append the remaining values from FILE2 with FILE1 to create the output. FILE1: Class ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hunter85
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merging CSV fields based on a common field

Hi List, I have two files. File1 contains all of the data I require to be processed, and I need to add another field to this data by matching a common field in File2 and appending a corresponding field to the data in File1 based on the match... So: File 1:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: landossa
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Matching and Merging csv data fields based on a common field

Dear List, I have a file of csv data which has a different line per compliance check per host. I do not want any omissions from this csv data file which looks like this: date,hostname,status,color,check 02-03-2012,COMP1,FAIL,Yellow,auth_pass_change... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: landossa
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print 1st field and last 2 fields together and the rest of the fields after it using awk?

Hi experts, I need to print the first field first then last two fields should come next and then i need to print rest of the fields. Input : a1,abc,jsd,fhf,fkk,b1,b2 a2,acb,dfg,ghj,b3,c4 a3,djf,wdjg,fkg,dff,ggk,d4,d5 Expected output: a1,b1,b2,abc,jsd,fhf,fkk... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: 100bees
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merging fields in CSV

Hi experts, I have a csv file which has one field (ID) repeated multiple times with corresponding other field values. I need to convert this file in a format where for a ID all other values has to be present in single field. For Eg : Here in below file ID 1 is repeated 3 times with different... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bharathbangalor
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Is there a UNIX command that can compare fields of files with differing number of fields?

Hi, Below are the sample files. x.txt is from an Excel file that is a list of users from Windows and y.txt is a list of database account. $ head -500 x.txt y.txt ==> x.txt <== TEST01 APP_USER_PROFILE USER03 APP_USER_PROFILE TEST02 APP_USER_EXP_PROFILE TEST04 APP_USER_PROFILE USER01 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
3 Replies
Excel::Template::Element::Cell(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		       Excel::Template::Element::Cell(3pm)

NAME
Excel::Template::Element::Cell - Excel::Template::Element::Cell PURPOSE
To actually write stuff to the worksheet NODE NAME
CELL INHERITANCE
ELEMENT ATTRIBUTES
o TEXT This is the text to write to the cell. This can either be text or a parameter with a dollar-sign in front of the parameter name. o COL Optionally, you can specify which column you want this cell to be in. It can be either a number (zero-based) or an offset. See Excel::Template for more info on offset-based numbering. o REF Adds the current cell to the a list of cells that can be backreferenced. This is useful when the current cell needs to be referenced by a formula. See BACKREF and RANGE. o WIDTH Sets the width of the column the cell is in. The last setting for a given column will win out. o TYPE This allows you to specify what write_*() method will be used. The default is to call write() and let Spreadsheet::WriteExcel make the right call. However, you may wish to override it. Excel::Template will not do any form of validation on what you provide. You are assumed to know what you're doing. The legal types (taken from Spreadsheet::WriteExcel) are: o COMMENT Add a comment to the cell o blank o formula o number o string o url o date_time other write_* methods as defined defined Spreadsheet::WriteExcel would be integrated by request CHILDREN
FORMULA EFFECTS
This will consume one column in the current row. DEPENDENCIES
None USAGE
<cell text="Some Text Here"/> <cell>Some other text here</cell> <cell text="$Param2"/> <cell>Some <var name="Param"> text here</cell> In the above example, four cells are written out. The first two have text hard-coded. The second two have variables. The third and fourth items have another thing that should be noted. If you have text where you want a variable in the middle, you have to use the latter form. Variables within parameters are the entire parameter's value. Please see Spreadsheet::WriteExcel for what constitutes a legal formula. AUTHOR
Rob Kinyon (rob.kinyon@gmail.com) SEE ALSO
ROW, VAR, FORMULA perl v5.14.2 2012-04-29 Excel::Template::Element::Cell(3pm)