Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Think Positive
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Cartoons for Geeks Think Positive Post 302279453 by Linux Bot on Thursday 22nd of January 2009 05:40:04 PM
Old 01-22-2009
Think Positive

2009-01-22T23:28:57+01:00

See Scoble about today's layoffs.

Image Image Image Image

Source...

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl output with negative and positive numbers

Hello, For my weather station I have made a little perl script to put the data into cacti. The next problem I have. I can only get positive numbers or negative numbers. What do I do: Though a shell scrip I call the perl script. Shell script: #!/bin/sh cat data.txt | stats.pl Perl... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rbl-blacklight
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding the most positive and negative value and defining its position

Hi, I have a file that looks like this: Jake 2 3 4 6 4 3 -2 -1 Jerry 1 2 3 2 1 7 -6 -1 Timmy -1 -4 -5 -8 9 3 1 I want to find the most positive and negative value for each row and also define its position (based on column #) So the output would look... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gisele_l
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sorting positive and negative values

Hello, I have a list like this : 1 2 -4 0 -3 -7 5 6 etc. Is there a way to remove all the positive values and print only the negative values, without using grep, sed or awk? Thanks, Prasanna (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasanna1157
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

addition of both positive and negative numbers

Let, I have three numbers +00123.25 -00256.54 +00489.23 I need to sum up all those three numbers, after storing them in three variables (say var1, var2, var3). I used both expr and BC, but they didn't work for me. But, I am not able to sum up them, as I don't have any idea how to... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: mady135
13 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Tail with positive offset

I have read the below from the book bash cookbook.Tail +1 filenames is similar to cat filename I have tried the same in Ubuntu 11.10 with bash. 4.0 . I have received error for the Same. May I know in which system that will work fine ? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pandeesh
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Generate 16 digit positive random Numbers

Hi Unix Gurus, I have a requirement to generate positive random 16 and 13 digit numbers. Here is the script I have so far..... number=$RANDOM$RANDOM$RANDOM$RANDOM; let "number %= 10000000000000"; echo $number But sometimes it is generating negative numbers and also 15 digit... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: scorpioraghu
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting a file based on positive and negative numbers

Dear All, I have to split a tab delimited file in two files based on the presence of a positive or negative in column number 9 , for example file: A 1 5 erg + 6766 0.9889 0.9817 9.01882 erg inside upstream B 1 8 erg2 + 6766 0.9889 0.9817 -9.22 erg2 inside... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: paolo.kunder
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Converting negative number to positive in a file

Hi ALL, I am having semi column separated file as below. I am having negative values for the records starting with 11095. How can I convert that positive number I tried this below seems not working sed 's/ \(*\)$/ -\1/;t;s/\(.*\)-/\1/ myfile myfile... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
6 Replies
VFS_READONLY(8) 					    System Administration tools 					   VFS_READONLY(8)

NAME
vfs_readonly - make a Samba share read only for a specified time period SYNOPSIS
vfs objects = readonly DESCRIPTION
This VFS module is part of the samba(7) suite. The vfs_readonly VFS module marks a share as read only for all clients connecting within the configured time period. Clients connecting during this time will be denied write access to all files in the share, irrespective of their actual access privileges. This module is stackable. OPTIONS
readonly:period = BEGIN, END Only mark the share as read only if the client connection was made between the times marked by the BEGIN and END date specifiers. The syntax of these date specifiers is the same as that accepted by the -d option of GNU date(1). EXAMPLES
Mark all shares read only: [global] vfs objects = readonly Mark the [backup] share as read only during business hours: [backup] path = /readonly vfs objects = readonly readonly:period = readonly:period = "today 9:00","today 17:00" VERSION
This man page is correct for version 3.0.25 of the Samba suite. AUTHOR
The original Samba software and related utilities were created by Andrew Tridgell. Samba is now developed by the Samba Team as an Open Source project similar to the way the Linux kernel is developed. Samba 4.0 06/17/2014 VFS_READONLY(8)