Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: division by 0 error
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting division by 0 error Post 302279449 by JerryHone on Thursday 22nd of January 2009 05:24:58 PM
Old 01-22-2009
Quotes?

Try quoting the camparison variable
Code:
if "${MNTD}" == "/" then

Jerry

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

division problem

how can i show the value when i divide a number where the dividend is greater then the divisor. for example... 3 divided by 15 ---> let x=3/15 when i do this in the shell environment it gives me an output of 0. please help me. thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: inquirer
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

error "awk: (FILENAME=- FNR=23) fatal: division by zero attempted"

Hi , I have file : after i run this command : there are error can we print blank line if output error ?? thanks.. ^^ (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: justbow
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Division Error - Integer Error?

Hi All, I'm reasonably new to UNIX, and am having problems with a TSHELL script that I am using. The script is intended to cycle through a loop, and then divide the number in the counter by 10 and store the result in another variable. I am missing something simple here, but cannot work it out... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Col
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Division by zero error message in AWK

How can I modify my awk code to get rid of the divion by zero error message? If I run the script without an input file, it should return error message "Input file missing" but not divison by zero. Code: #!/bin/nawk -f BEGIN { if (NR == 0) {print "Input file... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pauline mugisha
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk error message: division by zero attempted

Hi, I'm executing unixbench tool v4.1 on an embedded system and I'm getting these error messages: Execl Throughput 1 2 3awk: /unixbench/unixbench-4.1.0/pgms/loops.awk:38: (FILENAME=- FNR=4) fatal: division by zero attempted Pipe Throughput 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10awk:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rogelio
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

division by zero

Hello, I am searching for a way to calculate for example 10/100 within a shellscript and the result should be 0.1 and not just 0. Every alternative i tried just results 0 Thank you in advance 2retti (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: 2retti
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk division error - 0

input 0 0 9820373 2069 0 0 11485482 awk '{print ($1/$3) / ($4/$7)}' input error Is there any way to fix this problem ? (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: quincyjones
25 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help in division

hi, The below commands result only the whole number(not giving the decimal values). pandeeswaran@ubuntu:~$ echo 1,2,3,4|sed 's/,/\//g'|bc 0 pandeeswaran@ubuntu:~$ echo 1000,2,3|sed 's/,/\//g'|bc 166 How to make it to return the decimal values? Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pandeesh
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - continue when encountered division error

Hello, How can I add a logic to awk to tell it to print 0 when encountering a division by zero attempted? Below is the code. Everything in the code works fine except the piece that I want to calculate read/write IO size. I take the kbr / rs and kbw / ws. There are times when the iostat data... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tommyd
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Division by zero attempted error during linear conversion of values between 0.25 to 1

I want to implement the below formula with awk oneliner new_value = ((old_value - old_min) / (old_max - old_min) ) * (new_max - new_min) + new_min I want to pass the value of old_min and old_min as variable. Here is what I did for this old_min=$(awk 'BEGIN{a=100000000000}{if ($10<0+a) a=$10}... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sammy777888
2 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)