Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Parsing file, yaml file? Extracting specific sections Post 302279443 by vgersh99 on Thursday 22nd of January 2009 05:13:08 PM
Old 01-22-2009
Given a sample input above, what would be the desired output?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing file and extracting the useful data block

Greetings All!! I have a very peculiar problem where I have to parse a big text file and extract useful data out of it with starting and ending block pattern matching. e.g. I have a input file like this: sample data block1 sample data start useful data end sample data block2 sample... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: arminder
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Is extracting specific files from a zip file possible?

If a zip file contains several zip files, but if the file names of the files needed are known, is there a variation of the unzip command that will allow those few (individual) files to be extracted? --- Example: Zip file name: zip.zip unzip -l zip.zip will display file01, file02, file03, etc.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: HLee1981
1 Replies

3. Programming

problems iterating in RUBY while extracting info from YAML, Pls help!

Hi all, I am stuck with a ruby script that extracts detials from yaml file and processes accordingly. the yaml file confivnic: device: vnic1: policy: - L2 mode: active vnic2: policy: - L3 - L4 mode: active type: aggr ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wrapster
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting specific text from a file

Dear All, I have to extract a a few lines from a log file and I know the starting String and end string(WHich is same ). Is there any simplere way using sed - awk. e.g. from the following file -------------------------------------- Some text Date: 21 Oct 2008 Text to be extracted... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahulkav
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED 4.1.4 - INI File Change Problem in Variables= in Specific [Sections] (Guru Help)

GNU sed version 4.1.4 on Windows XP SP3 from GnuWin32 I think that I've come across a seemingly simple text file change problem on a INI formatted file that I can't do with SED without side effects edge cases biting me. I've tried to think of various ways of doing this elegantly and quickly... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: JakFrost
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

extracting specific lines from a file

hi all, i searched in unix.com and accquired the following commands for extracting specific lines from a file .. sed -n '16482,16482p' in.sql > out.sql awk 'NR>=10&&NR<=20' in.sql > out.sql.... these commands are working fine if i give the line numbers as such .. but if i pass a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sais
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting content from a file in specific format

Hi All, I have the file in this format **** Results Data **** Time or Step 1 2 20 0.000000000e+00 0s 0s 0s 1.024000000e+00 Us 0s 0s 1.100000000e+00 1s 0s 0s 1.100000001e+00 1s 0s 1s 2.024000000e+00 Us Us 1s 2.024000001e+00 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: diehard
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Extracting specific lines from data file

Hello, Is there a quick awk one-liner for this extraction?: file1 49389 text55 52211 text66 file2 59302 text1 49389 text2 85939 text3 52211 text4 13948 text5 Desired output 49389 text2 52211 text4 Thanks!! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: palex
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

YAML file update

removing post since it got fix (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kishore150
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help on parsing Oracle RMAN output for string and print sections of a file

Hi, I need some advise on how to print 'sections' of the attached file. I am searching for some that says Marked Corrupt and print some lines after it. At the moment I am running the command below: sed -n -e '/Marked Corrupt/{N;N;p;}' rman_list_validate.txtThis gives me the following... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
1 Replies
CPAN::Meta::YAML(3pm)					 Perl Programmers Reference Guide				     CPAN::Meta::YAML(3pm)

NAME
CPAN::Meta::YAML - Read and write a subset of YAML for CPAN Meta files VERSION
version 0.008 SYNOPSIS
use CPAN::Meta::YAML; # reading a META file open $fh, "<:utf8", "META.yml"; $yaml_text = do { local $/; <$fh> }; $yaml = CPAN::Meta::YAML->read_string($yaml_text) or die CPAN::Meta::YAML->errstr; # finding the metadata $meta = $yaml->[0]; # writing a META file $yaml_text = $yaml->write_string or die CPAN::Meta::YAML->errstr; open $fh, ">:utf8", "META.yml"; print $fh $yaml_text; DESCRIPTION
This module implements a subset of the YAML specification for use in reading and writing CPAN metadata files like META.yml and MYMETA.yml. It should not be used for any other general YAML parsing or generation task. NOTE: META.yml (and MYMETA.yml) files should be UTF-8 encoded. Users are responsible for proper encoding and decoding. In particular, the "read" and "write" methods do not support UTF-8 and should not be used. SUPPORT
This module is currently derived from YAML::Tiny by Adam Kennedy. If there are bugs in how it parses a particular META.yml file, please file a bug report in the YAML::Tiny bugtracker: <http://rt.cpan.org/NoAuth/ReportBug.html?Queue=YAML-Tiny> SEE ALSO
YAML::Tiny, YAML, YAML::XS SUPPORT
Bugs / Feature Requests Please report any bugs or feature requests through the issue tracker at <http://rt.cpan.org/Public/Dist/Display.html?Name=CPAN-Meta-YAML>. You will be notified automatically of any progress on your issue. Source Code This is open source software. The code repository is available for public review and contribution under the terms of the license. <https://github.com/dagolden/cpan-meta-yaml> git clone https://github.com/dagolden/cpan-meta-yaml.git AUTHORS
o Adam Kennedy <adamk@cpan.org> o David Golden <dagolden@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
This software is copyright (c) 2010 by Adam Kennedy. This is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as the Perl 5 programming language system itself. perl v5.18.2 2014-01-06 CPAN::Meta::YAML(3pm)