Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Parsing file, yaml file? Extracting specific sections Post 302279440 by Rhije on Thursday 22nd of January 2009 05:08:26 PM
Old 01-22-2009
Parsing file, yaml file? Extracting specific sections

Here is a data file, which I believe is in YAML. I am trying to retrieve just the 'addon_domains" section, which doesnt seem to be as easy as I had originally thought. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated!! I have been trying to do this in awk and mostly bash scripting instead of perl or high level scripting language.

This is actually from /var/cpanel/userdata/username/main

Code:
---
addon_domains:
  somedomain.com: mysubdomain.primarydomain.com
  somedomain2.com: mysubdomain2.primarydomain.com
  somedomain3.com: mysubdomain3.primarydomain.com
cp_php_magic_include_path.conf: 0
main_domain: primarydomain.com
parked_domains: []

sub_domains:
  - mysubdomain.primarydomain.com
  - mysubdomain2.primarydomain.com
  - mysubdomain3.primarydomain.com

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing file and extracting the useful data block

Greetings All!! I have a very peculiar problem where I have to parse a big text file and extract useful data out of it with starting and ending block pattern matching. e.g. I have a input file like this: sample data block1 sample data start useful data end sample data block2 sample... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: arminder
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Is extracting specific files from a zip file possible?

If a zip file contains several zip files, but if the file names of the files needed are known, is there a variation of the unzip command that will allow those few (individual) files to be extracted? --- Example: Zip file name: zip.zip unzip -l zip.zip will display file01, file02, file03, etc.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: HLee1981
1 Replies

3. Programming

problems iterating in RUBY while extracting info from YAML, Pls help!

Hi all, I am stuck with a ruby script that extracts detials from yaml file and processes accordingly. the yaml file confivnic: device: vnic1: policy: - L2 mode: active vnic2: policy: - L3 - L4 mode: active type: aggr ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wrapster
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting specific text from a file

Dear All, I have to extract a a few lines from a log file and I know the starting String and end string(WHich is same ). Is there any simplere way using sed - awk. e.g. from the following file -------------------------------------- Some text Date: 21 Oct 2008 Text to be extracted... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahulkav
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED 4.1.4 - INI File Change Problem in Variables= in Specific [Sections] (Guru Help)

GNU sed version 4.1.4 on Windows XP SP3 from GnuWin32 I think that I've come across a seemingly simple text file change problem on a INI formatted file that I can't do with SED without side effects edge cases biting me. I've tried to think of various ways of doing this elegantly and quickly... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: JakFrost
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

extracting specific lines from a file

hi all, i searched in unix.com and accquired the following commands for extracting specific lines from a file .. sed -n '16482,16482p' in.sql > out.sql awk 'NR>=10&&NR<=20' in.sql > out.sql.... these commands are working fine if i give the line numbers as such .. but if i pass a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sais
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting content from a file in specific format

Hi All, I have the file in this format **** Results Data **** Time or Step 1 2 20 0.000000000e+00 0s 0s 0s 1.024000000e+00 Us 0s 0s 1.100000000e+00 1s 0s 0s 1.100000001e+00 1s 0s 1s 2.024000000e+00 Us Us 1s 2.024000001e+00 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: diehard
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Extracting specific lines from data file

Hello, Is there a quick awk one-liner for this extraction?: file1 49389 text55 52211 text66 file2 59302 text1 49389 text2 85939 text3 52211 text4 13948 text5 Desired output 49389 text2 52211 text4 Thanks!! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: palex
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

YAML file update

removing post since it got fix (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kishore150
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help on parsing Oracle RMAN output for string and print sections of a file

Hi, I need some advise on how to print 'sections' of the attached file. I am searching for some that says Marked Corrupt and print some lines after it. At the moment I am running the command below: sed -n -e '/Marked Corrupt/{N;N;p;}' rman_list_validate.txtThis gives me the following... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
1 Replies
YAML::Node(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					     YAML::Node(3)

NAME
YAML::Node - A generic data node that encapsulates YAML information SYNOPSIS
use YAML; use YAML::Node; my $ynode = YAML::Node->new({}, 'ingerson.com/fruit'); %$ynode = qw(orange orange apple red grape green); print Dump $ynode; yields: --- !ingerson.com/fruit orange: orange apple: red grape: green DESCRIPTION
A generic node in YAML is similar to a plain hash, array, or scalar node in Perl except that it must also keep track of its type. The type is a URI called the YAML type tag. YAML::Node is a class for generating and manipulating these containers. A YAML node (or ynode) is a tied hash, array or scalar. In most ways it behaves just like the plain thing. But you can assign and retrieve and YAML type tag URI to it. For the hash flavor, you can also assign the order that the keys will be retrieved in. By default a ynode will offer its keys in the same order that they were assigned. YAML::Node has a class method call new() that will return a ynode. You pass it a regular node and an optional type tag. After that you can use it like a normal Perl node, but when you YAML::Dump it, the magical properties will be honored. This is how you can control the sort order of hash keys during a YAML serialization. By default, YAML sorts keys alphabetically. But notice in the above example that the keys were Dumped in the same order they were assigned. YAML::Node exports a function called ynode(). This function returns the tied object so that you can call special methods on it like ->keys(). keys() works like this: use YAML; use YAML::Node; %$node = qw(orange orange apple red grape green); $ynode = YAML::Node->new($node); ynode($ynode)->keys(['grape', 'apple']); print Dump $ynode; produces: --- grape: green apple: red It tells the ynode which keys and what order to use. ynodes will play a very important role in how programs use YAML. They are the foundation of how a Perl class can marshall the Loading and Dumping of its objects. The upcoming versions of YAML.pm will have much more information on this. AUTHOR
Ingy dA~Xt Net <ingy@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2006. Ingy dA~Xt Net. All rights reserved. Copyright (c) 2002. Brian Ingerson. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. See <http://www.perl.com/perl/misc/Artistic.html> perl v5.12.1 2010-01-03 YAML::Node(3)