Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to update data between xml tags Post 302279390 by harry_todd on Thursday 22nd of January 2009 03:41:48 PM
Old 01-22-2009
How to update data between xml tags

Is there a way to modify Non Null data between <host> and </host> tags to a new value ?- may be using sed/awk?
I tried this sed 's|.*<host>\(?*\)</host>.*|\<host>xxx</host>|' but it is updating the host which has null value - want opposite of this - Thanks in advance for you help!!

For Example:
<node>node1</node>
<host>178.23.43</host>
<node>node2</node>
<host></host>
<node>node3</node>
<host>usilsunny1</host>
<node>node4</node>
<host> </host>

should modify to

<node>node1</node>
<host>NewHostHame</host>
<node>node2</node>
<host></host>
<node>node3</node>
<host>NewHostHame</host>
<node>node4</node>
<host></host>

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Removing leading and trailing spaces of data between the tags in xml.

I am having xml document as below. <transactionid> 00 </transactionid> <tracknumber> 0 </tracknumber> <key> N/A </key> But the data contains leading and trailing spaces between the tags. Please let me know how can i remove these leading and trailing spaces between the tags.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhmr7
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to get data from xml files tags(from data tags)

i have a file like <fruits> <apple>redcolor<\apple> <bana:rolleyes:na>yellow color and it is<\banana> </fruits> i need a text between apple and bannana ans so on.... how to read a text between a tags it multiple tags with differnt names (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: pvr_satya
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Data between XML Tags

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1" ?> <TABLE> <TEST> <ID> 123 </ID> <name> abc </name> </TEST> <TEST> <ID> 123 </ID> <name> abc2 </name> </TEST> </TABLE> <TABLE> <TEST> <ID> 456 </ID> <name> def </name> </TEST> <TEST> ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: eskay
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to add the multiple lines of xml tags before a particular xml tag in a file

Hi All, I'm stuck with adding multiple lines(irrespective of line number) to a file before a particular xml tag. Please help me. <A>testing_Location</A> <value>LA</value> <zone>US</zone> <B>Region</B> <value>Russia</value> <zone>Washington</zone> <C>Country</C>... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mjavalkar
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

print xml data without the tags.

Hi All, I'm trying to extract data from an xml file but without the codes. I've achieved it but i was wondering if there's a better way to do this. sample data: $ cat xmlfile <code> <to>tove</to> <from>jani</from> <heading>reminder</heading> <body>dont forget me</body> </code> ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Irishboy24
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to extract data in repeating tags from xml

Hi, I am new to shell scripting. I need to extract data between repeating tags from an xml file and store the data in an array to process it further. <ns1:root xmlns:ns1="http://example.com/config"> <ns1:interface>in1</ns1:interface> <ns1:operation attribute1="true" attribute2="abd"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sailendra
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Shell Script to read XML tags and the data within that tag

Hi unix Gurus, I am really new to Unix Scripting. Please help me to create a shell script which reads the xml file and from that i need to fetch a particular information. For example <SOURCE BUSINESSNAME ="" DATABASETYPE ="Teradata" DBDNAME ="DWPROD3" DESCRIPTION ="" NAME... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SmilePlease
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I replace data in between xml tags to required format?

Hi All, I have a requirement to change the data in xml file to required format. Below is the scenario. Please find the attached Xml file which contains data that I need to convert.. <ReleaseIndicatorList><ReleaseIndicator>Alternative... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prathyu
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extracting data between continuous non empty xml tags

Hi, I need help in extracting only the phone numbers between the continuous non empty xml tags in unix. I searched through a lot of forum but i did not get exact result for my query. Please help Given below is the sample pipe delimited file. I have a lot of tags before and after... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: zen01234
6 Replies
cmruncl(1m)															       cmruncl(1m)

NAME
cmruncl - run a high availability cluster SYNOPSIS
cmruncl [-f] [-v] [-n node_name...] [-t | -w none] DESCRIPTION
cmruncl causes all nodes in a configured cluster or all nodes specified to start their cluster daemons and form a new cluster. To start a cluster, a user must either be superuser(UID=0), or have an access policy of FULL_ADMIN allowed in the cluster configuration file. See access policy in cmquerycl(1m). This command should only be run when the cluster is not active on any of the configured nodes. This command verifies the network configu- ration before causing the nodes to start their cluster daemons. If a cluster is already running on a subset of the nodes, the cmrunnode command should be used to start the remaining nodes and force them to join the existing cluster. If node_name is not specified, the cluster daemons will be started on all the nodes in the cluster. All nodes in the cluster must be available for the cluster to start unless a subset of nodes is specified. Options cmruncl supports the following options: -f Force cluster startup without warning message and continuation prompt that are printed with the -n option. -v Verbose output will be displayed. -t Test only. Provide an assessment of the package placement without affecting the current state of the nodes or packages. The -w option is not required with the -t option as -t does not validate network connectivity, but assumes that all the nodes can meet any external dependencies such as EMS resources, package subnets, and storage. -n node_name... Start the cluster daemon on the specified subset of node(s). -w none By default network probing is performed to check that the network connectivity is the same as when the cluster was config- ured. Any anomalies are reported before the cluster daemons are started. The -w none option disables this probing. The option should only be used if this network configuration is known to be correct from a recent check. RETURN VALUE cmruncl returns the following value: 0 Successful completion. 1 Command failed. EXAMPLES
Run the cluster daemon: cmruncl Run the cluster daemons on node1 and node2: cmruncl -n node1 -n node2 AUTHOR
cmruncl was developed by HP. SEE ALSO
cmquerycl(1m), cmhaltcl(1m), cmhaltnode(1m), cmrunnode(1m), cmviewcl(1m), cmeval(1m). Requires Optional Serviceguard Software cmruncl(1m)