Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how can I reschedule a job if it fails Post 302279324 by cfajohnson on Thursday 22nd of January 2009 12:04:58 PM
Old 01-22-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by alokjyotibal
i have a sql script ex a.sql
i want to schudle it at 1 am every day
if it fails then it wiil run after 2 haours
can some one help me write a shell script for this problem???????????

In your crontab file:

Code:
0 13 * * * runsql

Code:
## NAME: runsql
until a.sql
do
 sleep 120
done

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

killing unix job after the job process completes

Hi, Thanks in advance. i need to kill a unix background running job after that job process completes. i can kill a job by giving the following unix command kill -9 processid how to kill the job after the current process run gets completed ? Appreciate your valuable help. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dtazv
1 Replies

2. Solaris

killing a unix job after the job process gets completed

Hi, Thanks in advance. i need to kill a unix background running job after that job process completes. i can kill a job by giving the following unix command kill -9 processid how to kill the job after the current process run gets completed ? Appreciate your valuable help. Thanks... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dtazv
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to insert child job under a box job?

I have this box job and it contains only one job under it which is to load a file. I want to insert a "File Watcher", "Copy File" to it? Have no clue how to do that...any help plzzz... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: xejatt
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cron job fails, but works fine from command line

I have a very basic script that essentially sends a log file, via FTP, to a backup server. My cron entry to run this every night is: 55 23 * * * /usr/bin/archive_logs The script runs perfectly when executed manually, and actually worked via cron for about three weeks. However, it mysteriously... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdunavent
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script ran by job scheduler fails from the 15th to the 20th of the month

Hi, I have a script that finds the application logs from the previous day and sends it to another server via ftp. The code is something like this: yest_date=`TZ=CST+24 date "+%b %d"` logdir=/app/logs logs=app*.log tmpdir=/tmp cd $logdir for i in `ls -1 $logs` do chkstr=`ls -1l $i | grep... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tatchel
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

If FTP cron job fails to connect = quit

Im having a problem with my ftp CRON jobs. I have another related (but not the same question in shell scripting). My FTP CRON jobs connect to a server and drop some files off, if for some reason it cannot connect to the server (timesout/password wrong etc) instead of stopping, it tries again... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mokachoka
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to Start a Job after finding the Old job completed

Hi Experts, I need a script advice to schedule 12 jobs ( SAS Codes execute back ground ). Algorithem: 1. Script checks first job. 2. Finds first job is done; invoke second job. 3. finds second job is done; invoke third job. .. Request you to please assist. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jerald Nathan
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

autosys job configuration for job failure.

We need to configure autosys that when a job fails continously for 3 times, we need to call another job. Is this possible in Autosys, or can anyone advice on the alternative. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sangea
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Cron job fails every now and then.

I added a shell script to cron that executes every 5-15 minutes. It's used to monitor multiple environments, so it has to ssh to each machine to check the status of that machine. Sometimes, I may have more than one instance of this script running at the same time. So, here's my problem. I've... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrwatkin
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cron job fails with [DataDirect][ODBC lib] Connection not open error

Hi, When run the script directly...it executes as expected. But when put it in crontab the job fails with this error: Connection not open 08003: Connection not open Unable to connect to the database... how come it is not able to connect when cron job fires?... Do I need to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: nuthakki
7 Replies
SHUNIT2(1)																SHUNIT2(1)

NAME
shunit2 - A unit test framework for shell scripts SYNOPSIS
shunit2 unitfile DESCRIPTION
shUnit2 is a xUnit unit test framework for Bourne based shell scripts, and it is designed to work in a similar manner to JUnit, PyUnit, etc.. If you have ever had the desire to write a unit test for a shell script, shUnit2 can do the job. You can either run shunit2 directly from the commandline and specify the unit file or directly source the shunit2 executable. If you directly execute shunit2 and don't specify a unitfile shunit2 assumes a empty testfile and will return without an error message. EXAMPLE
Simple script to test if 1 equals 1 #! /bin/sh testEquality() { assertEquals 1 1 } # load shunit2 . shunit2 Execute shUnit2 unit tests directly from the commandline shunit2 /path/to/unit/file OPTIONS
shunit2 does not support any commandline options at all. You can either source shunit2 to execute your unit tests or directly run shunit2 as a commandline script. SEE ALSO
For more information see http://code.google.com/p/shunit2/ or have a look at the installed documentation in /usr/share/doc/shunit2/ AUTHOR
shunit2 was written by Kate Ward <kate.ward@forestent.com>. This manpage was written by Ulrich Dangel <mru@spamt.net>. 2.1.6 03/25/2012 SHUNIT2(1)