Sponsored Content
Operating Systems SCO How to stop A UDP protocol on Unix Post 302279252 by sak900354 on Thursday 22nd of January 2009 07:51:23 AM
Old 01-22-2009
Thank You Pludi,

what i want is these two:
Block external communication to it and to stop users from accessing udp ports

Regards

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Addressing UDP datagrams in UNIX

I am having troble to send a UNIX datagram to a NT machine. I didn`t realize yet how to define the destination address on the sendto() function call.Simply writing "xxx.zz.yy.pp" for the IP and xxxx for the socket doesn´t work!!! Can anyone help me with that? Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: psilva
4 Replies

2. IP Networking

UNIX and SNA protocol

Can anyone tell me how I can find out if a server has a SNA connection to a mainframe ? I need to find out at my work which servers use SNA by telnetting to that server and search for it, I just don't know what and where to look for... Any help appreciated ! Ron (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ronw
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix terminal protocol

I need to accomodate terminals running off an NCR UNIX SCO server. I need the protocol so I can get the correct S/W image for the router. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: de2934
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

http protocol from UNIX

Is there any way to access http page from UNIX command line.... eg: http://www.abc.xyz (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bishweshwar
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Starting & Stop print services in Unix

Hi There Kindly inform me on how to start and stop the print services in Unix from the command line. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: esh
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

GPRS Tunnelling Protocol implementation under UNIX

I need to implement a program that sends CDRs (just some data) over GTP' (GTP Prime - one of the GPRS Tunnelling Protocols, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GPRS_Tunnelling_Protocol). Does anybody know where I can find GTP implementation? I'v tryed OpenGGSN (http://sourceforge.net/projects/ggsn/), but... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hitori
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

stop unix find on a directory structure after finding 1st occurrence

Hi, Has anyone tried to restrict Solaris 10 unix find on a large directory structure based on time to stop running after finding the first occurrence of a matching query. Basically I'm trying to build up a usage map of user workspaces based on file modification (week/month/3 months/year etc) and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jm0221
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I stop the unix script from trimming extra spaces?

I have a file which contains certain records about users. the row length is always fixed to 205 characters. Now I want to read each record line from the file, substring some portion out of it and put into another file. But I have observed that my script is trimming the extra spaces I have used for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pramit
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

What kind of transfer protocol we have in UNIX?

I was asked this question on the interview. I know ftp, sftp, scp, rcp. They said one more indi or indy Could you please let me know it? Thanks, Oleg (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: digioleg54
2 Replies
UDP(4)							   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						    UDP(4)

NAME
udp -- Internet User Datagram Protocol SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/types.h> #include <sys/socket.h> #include <netinet/in.h> int socket(AF_INET, SOCK_DGRAM, 0); DESCRIPTION
UDP is a simple, unreliable datagram protocol which is used to support the SOCK_DGRAM abstraction for the Internet protocol family. UDP sockets are connectionless, and are normally used with the sendto(2) and recvfrom(2) calls, though the connect(2) call may also be used to fix the destination for future packets (in which case the recv(2) or read(2) and send(2) or write(2) system calls may be used). UDP address formats are identical to those used by TCP. In particular UDP provides a port identifier in addition to the normal Internet address format. Note that the UDP port space is separate from the TCP port space (i.e., a UDP port may not be ``connected'' to a TCP port). In addition broadcast packets may be sent (assuming the underlying network supports this) by using a reserved ``broadcast address''; this address is network interface dependent. Options at the IP transport level may be used with UDP; see ip(4). ERRORS
A socket operation may fail with one of the following errors returned: [EISCONN] when trying to establish a connection on a socket which already has one, or when trying to send a datagram with the desti- nation address specified and the socket is already connected; [ENOTCONN] when trying to send a datagram, but no destination address is specified, and the socket has not been connected; [ENOBUFS] when the system runs out of memory for an internal data structure; [EADDRINUSE] when an attempt is made to create a socket with a port which has already been allocated; [EADDRNOTAVAIL] when an attempt is made to create a socket with a network address for which no network interface exists. MIB VARIABLES
The udp protocol implements a number of variables in the net.inet branch of the sysctl(3) MIB. UDPCTL_CHECKSUM (udp.checksum) Enable udp checksums (enabled by default). UDPCTL_MAXDGRAM (udp.maxdgram) Maximum outgoing UDP datagram size UDPCTL_RECVSPACE (udp.recvspace) Maximum space for incoming UDP datagrams udp.log_in_vain For all udp datagrams, to ports on which there is no socket listening, log the connection attempt (disabled by default). udp.blackhole When a datagram is received on a port where there is no socket listening, do not return an ICMP port unreachable message. (Disabled by default. See blackhole(4).) SEE ALSO
getsockopt(2), recv(2), send(2), socket(2), blackhole(4), inet(4), intro(4), ip(4) HISTORY
The udp protocol appeared in 4.2BSD. BSD
June 5, 1993 BSD