Sponsored Content
Contact Us Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems user names being rejected during registration Post 302279051 by Perderabo on Wednesday 21st of January 2009 09:36:00 PM
Old 01-21-2009
We are getting about 50 registrations a day so I'm guessing you're picking names in use. User names must at least 3 and no more than 15 characters in length.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Processes by User's actual names

Hi All I am being trained in unix and am tryin to write a script for listing the user Processes by user's names exactly the following manner WITHOUT USING A TEMPORARY FILE or SED OR AWK! The format of the output I want is: James Hallan PID TTY TIME CMD 31799 pts/3 00:00:00 vim 31866... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kartikkumar84@g
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Processes by User's names

Hi All I am being trained in unix and am tryin to write a script for listing the user Processes by user's names exactly the following manner WITHOUT USING A TEMPORARY FILE or SED OR AWK! The format of the output I want is: Code: James Hallan PID TTY TIME CMD 31799 pts/3 00:00:00 vim ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kartikkumar84@g
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

integer user names and user quotas!

hello, i want to implements user quotas. the problem is that all of our user names are integer numbers, like 8510453. so when i set quota for a user (e.g. 8510453), it wont be set for that user name instead it will be set for exactly this: #8510453 (this is what webmin report shows). i have... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrhosseini
5 Replies

4. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

For users incorrectly rejected as a spammers

There was a problem with the site servicing our spam address checking. As a result all registrations were being rejected. If you have encountered this problem please try again and you should be permitted to join. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: reborg
0 Replies

5. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

X11 connection rejected because of wrong authentication

I have two Solaris 10 systems, A and B, both of which share home directories via NFS (served from a 3rd, Linux, machine). User names, uids, and home directories are identical when the same user has accounts on both Solaris 10 machines. When I run ssh -X user@A from my home machine, I can easily... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: WolfyPDX
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

KERBEROS_V4 rejected as an authentication type error

Hi am just trying to FTP am while doing so am getting the "KERBEROS_V4 rejected as an authentication type" error.Please let me know what should be done to avoid this error. The code is #!/bin/ksh -x # # Get new files only ftp # source="source.com" basedir="/home/xyz/"... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: weknowd
0 Replies

7. Cybersecurity

Certificates accepted/rejected depending on what service I use...

Hey everyone. I was at my local star bucks, which has open free wifi. And I (against my better judgement) deceided to check my school email. I was using their wifi network. when I went to go login, I was presented with the safari prompt "Can not Verify Server identity". I clicked 'details' and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Lost in Cyberia
1 Replies

8. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Registration User Name Rejected

Unix Admin Registration process refused two user names. I may have already registered here and it's kicking me out because of email address but giving me username msg. What's the solution to this? Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Unregistered
0 Replies

9. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Regarding registration email for new user

Hello Moderators, Greetings !! This is regarding my friend to whom I refered this forum to learn UNIX. User didn't receieved any registration email yet, could you please help user. Will be grateful to you on same. Login name: Gurvinder_Kaur NOTE: User doesn't have enough bits for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: RavinderSingh13
0 Replies

10. IP Networking

The requested URL was rejected. Please consult with your administrator

Ggod evening. I need your help please, in a Production system there is a process that download a xls file from an URL which is IMF(International Monetary Fund) and afterwards to be loaded into a databse table. When testing conectivity from a unix server to IMF seems to work but when editing it... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexcol
9 Replies
DateTime::Locale::Base(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 DateTime::Locale::Base(3)

NAME
DateTime::Locale::Base - Base class for individual locale objects SYNOPSIS
use base 'DateTime::Locale::Base'; DEFAULT FORMATS
Each locale has a set of four default date and time formats. They are distinguished by length, and are called "full", "long", "medium", and "short". Each locale may have a different default length which it uses when its "$locale->date_format_default()", "$locale->time_format_default()", or "$locale->datetime_format_default()" methods are called. This can be changed by calling the "$locale->set_default_date_format()" or "$locale->set_default_time_format()" methods. These methods accept a string which must be one of "full", "long", "medium", or "short". NAME FORMS
Most names come in a number of variations. First, they may vary based on length, with wide, abbreviated, and narrow forms. The wide form is typically the full name, while the narrow form is often a single character. The narrow forms may not be unique. For example, "T" may be used for Tuesday and Thursday in the English narrow forms. Many names also distinguish between "format" and "stand-alone" forms of a pattern. The format pattern is used when the thing in question is being placed into a larger string. The stand-alone form is used when displaying that item by itself, for example in a calendar. METHODS
All locales provide the following methods: o $locale->id() The locale's id. o $locale->language_id() The language portion of the id. o $locale->script_id() The script portion of the id, if any. o $locale->territory_id() The territory portion of the id, if any. o $locale->variant_id() The variant portion of the id, if any. o $locale->name() The full name for the locale in English. o $locale->language() The language name for the locale in English. o $locale->script() The script name for the locale in English, if any. o $locale->territory() The territory name for the locale in English, if any. o $locale->variant() The variant name for the locale in English, if any. o $locale->native_name() The full name for the locale in its native language, if any. o $locale->native_language() The language name for the locale in its native language, if any. o $locale->native_script() The script name for the locale in its native language, if any. o $locale->native_territory() The territory name for the locale in its native language, if any. o $locale->native_variant() The variant name for the locale in its native language, if any. o $locale->month_format_wide() Returns an array reference containing the wide format names of the months, with January as the first month. o $locale->month_format_abbreviated() Returns an array reference containing the abbreviated format names of the months, with January as the first month. o $locale->month_format_narrow() Returns an array reference containing the narrow format names of the months, with January as the first month. o $locale->month_stand_alone_wide() Returns an array reference containing the wide stand-alone names of the months, with January as the first month. o $locale->month_stand_alone_abbreviated() Returns an array reference containing the abbreviated stand-alone names of the months, with January as the first month. o $locale->month_stand_alone_narrow() Returns an array reference containing the narrow stand-alone names of the months, with January as the first month. o $locale->day_format_wide() Returns an array reference containing the wide format names of the days, with Monday as the first day. o $locale->day_format_abbreviated() Returns an array reference containing the abbreviated format names of the days, with Monday as the first day. o $locale->day_format_narrow() Returns an array reference containing the narrow format names of the days, with Monday as the first day. o $locale->day_stand_alone_wide() Returns an array reference containing the wide stand-alone names of the days, with Monday as the first day. o $locale->day_stand_alone_abbreviated() Returns an array reference containing the abbreviated stand-alone names of the days, with Monday as the first day. o $locale->day_stand_alone_narrow() Returns an array reference containing the narrow stand-alone names of the days, with Monday as the first day. o $locale->quarter_format_wide() Returns an array reference containing the wide format names of the quarters. o $locale->quarter_format_abbreviated() Returns an array reference containing the abbreviated format names of the quarters. o $locale->quarter_format_narrow() Returns an array reference containing the narrow format names of the quarters. o $locale->quarter_stand_alone_wide() Returns an array reference containing the wide stand-alone names of the quarters. o $locale->quarter_stand_alone_abbreviated() Returns an array reference containing the abbreviated stand-alone names of the quarters. o $locale->quarter_stand_alone_narrow() Returns an array reference containing the narrow stand-alone names of the quarters. o $locale->era_wide() Returns an array reference containing the wide names of the eras, with "BCE" first. o $locale->era_abbreviated() Returns an array reference containing the abbreviated names of the eras, with "BCE" first. o $locale->era_narrow() Returns an array reference containing the abbreviated names of the eras, with "BCE" first. However, most locales do not differ between the narrow and abbreviated length of the era. o $locale->am_pm_abbreviated() Returns an array reference containing the abbreviated names of "AM" and "PM". o $locale->date_format_long() o $locale->date_format_full() o $locale->date_format_medium() o $locale->date_format_short() Returns the CLDR date pattern of the appropriate length. o $locale->date_formats() Returns a hash reference of CLDR date patterns for the date formats, where the keys are "full", "long", "medium", and "short". o $locale->time_format_long() o $locale->time_format_full() o $locale->time_format_medium() o $locale->time_format_short() Returns the CLDR date pattern of the appropriate length. o $locale->time_formats() Returns a hash reference of CLDR date patterns for the time formats, where the keys are "full", "long", "medium", and "short". o $locale->datetime_format_long() o $locale->datetime_format_full() o $locale->datetime_format_medium() o $locale->datetime_format_short() Returns the CLDR date pattern of the appropriate length. o $locale->datetime_formats() Returns a hash reference of CLDR date patterns for the datetime formats, where the keys are "full", "long", "medium", and "short". o $locale->date_format_default() o $locale->time_format_default() o $locale->datetime_format_default() Returns the default CLDR date pattern. The length of this format is based on the value of "$locale->default_date_format_length()" and/or "$locale->default_time_format_length()". o $locale->default_date_format_length() o $locale->default_time_format_length() Returns the default length for the format, one of "full", "long", "medium", or "short". o $locale->set_default_date_format_length() o $locale->set_default_time_format_length() Sets the default length for the format. This must be one of "full", "long", "medium", or "short". o $locale->prefers_24_hour_time() Returns a boolean indicating the preferred hour format for this locale. o $locale->first_day_of_week() Returns a number from 1 to 7 indicating the local first day of the week, with Monday being 1 and Sunday being 7. For example, for a US locale this returns 7. o $locale->available_formats() A list of format names, like "MMdd" or "yyyyMM". This should be the list directly supported by the subclass, not its parents. o $locale->format_for($key) Given a valid name, returns the CLDR date pattern for that thing, if one exists. SUPPORT
See DateTime::Locale. AUTHORS
Richard Evans <rich@ridas.com> Dave Rolsky <autarch@urth.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2003 Richard Evans. Copyright (c) 2004-2005 David Rolsky. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The full text of the license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module. perl v5.16.3 2014-06-10 DateTime::Locale::Base(3)