Sponsored Content
Contact Us Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems user names being rejected during registration Post 302279051 by Perderabo on Wednesday 21st of January 2009 09:36:00 PM
Old 01-21-2009
We are getting about 50 registrations a day so I'm guessing you're picking names in use. User names must at least 3 and no more than 15 characters in length.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Processes by User's actual names

Hi All I am being trained in unix and am tryin to write a script for listing the user Processes by user's names exactly the following manner WITHOUT USING A TEMPORARY FILE or SED OR AWK! The format of the output I want is: James Hallan PID TTY TIME CMD 31799 pts/3 00:00:00 vim 31866... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kartikkumar84@g
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Processes by User's names

Hi All I am being trained in unix and am tryin to write a script for listing the user Processes by user's names exactly the following manner WITHOUT USING A TEMPORARY FILE or SED OR AWK! The format of the output I want is: Code: James Hallan PID TTY TIME CMD 31799 pts/3 00:00:00 vim ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kartikkumar84@g
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

integer user names and user quotas!

hello, i want to implements user quotas. the problem is that all of our user names are integer numbers, like 8510453. so when i set quota for a user (e.g. 8510453), it wont be set for that user name instead it will be set for exactly this: #8510453 (this is what webmin report shows). i have... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrhosseini
5 Replies

4. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

For users incorrectly rejected as a spammers

There was a problem with the site servicing our spam address checking. As a result all registrations were being rejected. If you have encountered this problem please try again and you should be permitted to join. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: reborg
0 Replies

5. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

X11 connection rejected because of wrong authentication

I have two Solaris 10 systems, A and B, both of which share home directories via NFS (served from a 3rd, Linux, machine). User names, uids, and home directories are identical when the same user has accounts on both Solaris 10 machines. When I run ssh -X user@A from my home machine, I can easily... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: WolfyPDX
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

KERBEROS_V4 rejected as an authentication type error

Hi am just trying to FTP am while doing so am getting the "KERBEROS_V4 rejected as an authentication type" error.Please let me know what should be done to avoid this error. The code is #!/bin/ksh -x # # Get new files only ftp # source="source.com" basedir="/home/xyz/"... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: weknowd
0 Replies

7. Cybersecurity

Certificates accepted/rejected depending on what service I use...

Hey everyone. I was at my local star bucks, which has open free wifi. And I (against my better judgement) deceided to check my school email. I was using their wifi network. when I went to go login, I was presented with the safari prompt "Can not Verify Server identity". I clicked 'details' and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Lost in Cyberia
1 Replies

8. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Registration User Name Rejected

Unix Admin Registration process refused two user names. I may have already registered here and it's kicking me out because of email address but giving me username msg. What's the solution to this? Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Unregistered
0 Replies

9. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Regarding registration email for new user

Hello Moderators, Greetings !! This is regarding my friend to whom I refered this forum to learn UNIX. User didn't receieved any registration email yet, could you please help user. Will be grateful to you on same. Login name: Gurvinder_Kaur NOTE: User doesn't have enough bits for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: RavinderSingh13
0 Replies

10. IP Networking

The requested URL was rejected. Please consult with your administrator

Ggod evening. I need your help please, in a Production system there is a process that download a xls file from an URL which is IMF(International Monetary Fund) and afterwards to be loaded into a databse table. When testing conectivity from a unix server to IMF seems to work but when editing it... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexcol
9 Replies
notifyutil(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 					     notifyutil(1)

NAME
notifyutil -- notification command line utility SYNOPSIS
notifyutil [-q] [-v] [-z msec] [-M] [-R] [command ...] DESCRIPTION
notifyutil is a command-line utility for interacting with the notify(3) notification system and the notifyd(8) server. It may be used to post notifications, detect and report notifications, and to examine and set the state values associated with notification keys. If notifyutil is used to monitor one or more notification keys, it prints the notification key when the corresponding notification is received. The -v (verbose) and -q (quiet) flags, if specified, modify the output behavior. The -v flag causes notifyutil to print a time stamp, the notification key, the current state value for that key, and the type of the notifi- cation (port, file, etc). The -q flag supresses any output except for state values fetched following a -g command. Commands listed in the table below are processed in left to right order from the command line. -p key Post a notification for key. -w key Register for key and wait forever for notifications. -# key Register for key and wait for # (an integer) notifications. E.g. -1 key waits for a single notification. -g key Get state value for key. -s key val Set state value for key. -port Use mach port notifications for subsequent -w or -# registrations. This is the default registration type. -file Use file descriptor notifications for subsequent registrations. -check Use shared memory notifications for subsequent registrations. -signal [#] Use signal notifications for subsequent registrations. Signal 1 (HUP) is the default, but an alternate signal may be specified. -dispatch Use dispatch for subsequent registrations. When invoked with any combination of -w and -# actions, notifyutil registers for notification for the specified key(s). If any key is given with a -w action, notifyutil runs until interrupted with Control-C. If all registrations are invoked with -#, the program continues to run until the corresponding number of notifications for each key have been received. By default, notifyutil uses mach port registration (using notify_register_mach_port()) for keys given with a -w or -# flag. The -file com- mand causes notifyutil to use notify_register_file_descriptor() for any subsequent -w or -# registrations. Similarly, -check causes notifyutil to use notify_register_check() for subsequent registrations, -signal switches to notify_register_signal(), and -dispatch causes it to use notify_register_dispatch() for subsequent registrations. If any registrations are made following the use of the -check command, notifyutil will start a timer and check for shared memory notifica- tions every 100 milliseconds. An alternate timer value may be set following the -z flag. The -M flag causes notifyutil to use multiplex all notifications over a single mach connection with notifyd. Notifications (except shared memory notifications) are received and redistributed by a dispatch handler. The -R flag causes notifyutil to regenerate all its registrations in the unlikely event that notifyd restarts. Note that a notification key and its associated state variable only exist when there are one or more current registrations for that key. Setting the state for a key that has no registrations has no effect. Thus the command notifyutil -s foo.bar 123 -g foo.bar will print foo.bar 0 unless foo.bar is registered by some other process. However, the command notifyutil -w foo.bar -s foo.bar 123 -g foo.bar prints foo.bar 123 since the ``-w foo.bar'' registration ensures the key and its state variable exist before the value is set, and continue to exist when the value is fetched. SEE ALSO
notify(3), notifyd(8) Mac OS X November 4, 2011 Mac OS X