Sponsored Content
Contact Us Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems user names being rejected during registration Post 302279051 by Perderabo on Wednesday 21st of January 2009 09:36:00 PM
Old 01-21-2009
We are getting about 50 registrations a day so I'm guessing you're picking names in use. User names must at least 3 and no more than 15 characters in length.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Processes by User's actual names

Hi All I am being trained in unix and am tryin to write a script for listing the user Processes by user's names exactly the following manner WITHOUT USING A TEMPORARY FILE or SED OR AWK! The format of the output I want is: James Hallan PID TTY TIME CMD 31799 pts/3 00:00:00 vim 31866... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kartikkumar84@g
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Processes by User's names

Hi All I am being trained in unix and am tryin to write a script for listing the user Processes by user's names exactly the following manner WITHOUT USING A TEMPORARY FILE or SED OR AWK! The format of the output I want is: Code: James Hallan PID TTY TIME CMD 31799 pts/3 00:00:00 vim ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kartikkumar84@g
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

integer user names and user quotas!

hello, i want to implements user quotas. the problem is that all of our user names are integer numbers, like 8510453. so when i set quota for a user (e.g. 8510453), it wont be set for that user name instead it will be set for exactly this: #8510453 (this is what webmin report shows). i have... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrhosseini
5 Replies

4. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

For users incorrectly rejected as a spammers

There was a problem with the site servicing our spam address checking. As a result all registrations were being rejected. If you have encountered this problem please try again and you should be permitted to join. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: reborg
0 Replies

5. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

X11 connection rejected because of wrong authentication

I have two Solaris 10 systems, A and B, both of which share home directories via NFS (served from a 3rd, Linux, machine). User names, uids, and home directories are identical when the same user has accounts on both Solaris 10 machines. When I run ssh -X user@A from my home machine, I can easily... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: WolfyPDX
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

KERBEROS_V4 rejected as an authentication type error

Hi am just trying to FTP am while doing so am getting the "KERBEROS_V4 rejected as an authentication type" error.Please let me know what should be done to avoid this error. The code is #!/bin/ksh -x # # Get new files only ftp # source="source.com" basedir="/home/xyz/"... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: weknowd
0 Replies

7. Cybersecurity

Certificates accepted/rejected depending on what service I use...

Hey everyone. I was at my local star bucks, which has open free wifi. And I (against my better judgement) deceided to check my school email. I was using their wifi network. when I went to go login, I was presented with the safari prompt "Can not Verify Server identity". I clicked 'details' and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Lost in Cyberia
1 Replies

8. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Registration User Name Rejected

Unix Admin Registration process refused two user names. I may have already registered here and it's kicking me out because of email address but giving me username msg. What's the solution to this? Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Unregistered
0 Replies

9. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Regarding registration email for new user

Hello Moderators, Greetings !! This is regarding my friend to whom I refered this forum to learn UNIX. User didn't receieved any registration email yet, could you please help user. Will be grateful to you on same. Login name: Gurvinder_Kaur NOTE: User doesn't have enough bits for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: RavinderSingh13
0 Replies

10. IP Networking

The requested URL was rejected. Please consult with your administrator

Ggod evening. I need your help please, in a Production system there is a process that download a xls file from an URL which is IMF(International Monetary Fund) and afterwards to be loaded into a databse table. When testing conectivity from a unix server to IMF seems to work but when editing it... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexcol
9 Replies
AIO_CANCEL(3)						   BSD Library Functions Manual 					     AIO_CANCEL(3)

NAME
aio_cancel -- cancel an outstanding asynchronous I/O operation (REALTIME) LIBRARY
POSIX Real-time Library (librt, -lrt) SYNOPSIS
#include <aio.h> int aio_cancel(int fildes, struct aiocb * aiocbp); DESCRIPTION
The aio_cancel() system call cancels the outstanding asynchronous I/O request for the file descriptor specified in fildes. If aiocbp is specified, only that specific asynchronous I/O request is cancelled. Normal asynchronous notification occurs for cancelled requests. Requests complete with an error result of ECANCELED. RETURN VALUES
The aio_cancel() system call returns -1 to indicate an error, or one of the following: [AIO_CANCELED] All outstanding requests meeting the criteria specified were cancelled. [AIO_NOTCANCELED] Some requests were not cancelled, status for the requests should be checked with aio_error(3). [AIO_ALLDONE] All of the requests meeting the criteria have finished. ERRORS
An error return from aio_cancel() indicates: [EBADF] The fildes argument is an invalid file descriptor. SEE ALSO
aio(3) STANDARDS
The aio_cancel() system call is expected to conform to the IEEE Std 1003.1-2001 (``POSIX.1'') standard. HISTORY
The aio_cancel() system call first appeared in NetBSD 5.0. BSD
May 17, 2010 BSD