Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: sudo and expansion
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers sudo and expansion Post 302278892 by pludi on Wednesday 21st of January 2009 11:32:16 AM
Old 01-21-2009
The problem is that not ls does the parameter expansion but the shell. But since cronlogs isn't readable by your user, the shell can't expand.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

AIX Expansion CD

Hey Anyone have a copy of the Expansion CD for the old 5.1 Version of AIX Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: almuwatta
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

~ expansion in printf

Hi, I have a script that at one point prints to a file as follows: printf -- $2 > ~/.mydir/$1 The idea is to print to a hidden directory .mydir in my home directory. I've already sanitized the inputs and $1 is in the format path1/path2/filename and $2 is some user input. When I run this... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rledley
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to print the expansion of the found string (the expansion is beween two delimiters '-' , '||'

Hi , could anyone help me out with this problem. sample.txt has this content : u001- this is used for project1 || u002- this is used for p2|| not to be printed u003- this is used for project3 || u004- this is used for p4 || u005- this is used for project5 || u006- this is used for p6... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Balaji PK
9 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to use the Sudo command. "0509-130 Symbol resolution failed for sudo because:"

Hi! I'm very new to unix, so please keep that in mind with the level of language used if you choose to help :D Thanks! When attempting to use sudo on and AIX machine with oslevel 5.1.0.0, I get the following error: exec(): 0509-036 Cannot load program sudo because of the following errors:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Chloe123
1 Replies

5. AIX

sudo log and sudo auditing

Sudo In AIX, how to find out what commands have been run after a user sudo to another user? for example, user sam run 'sudo -u robert ksh' then run some commands, how can I (as root) find what commands have been run? sudo.log only contains sudo event, no activity logging. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jalite19
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh foo.com sudo command - Prompts for sudo password as visible text. Help?

I am writing a BASH script to update a webserver and then restart Apache. It looks basically like this: #!/bin/bash rsync /path/on/local/machine/ foo.com:path/on/remote/machine/ ssh foo.com sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 reloadrsync and ssh don't prompt for a password, because I have DSA encryption... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: fluoborate
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sudo: sorry, you must have a tty to run sudo

Hi All, I running a unix command using sudo option inside shell script. Its working well. But in crontab the same command is not working and its throwing "sudo: sorry, you must have a tty to run sudo". I do not have root permission to add or change settings for my userid. I can not even ask... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Apple1221
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sudo: sorry, you must have a tty to run sudo

Hi, Have a need to run the below command as a "karuser" from a java class which will is running as "root" user. When we are trying to run the below command from java code getting the below error. Command: sudo -u karuser -s /bin/bash /bank/karunix/bin/build_cycles.sh Error: sudo: sorry,... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Satyak
8 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Expansion within cp

I have a bunch of files which I need to transfer to another location... and some of these I need to skip. For e.g. let us say the files are: cust_abc.dat cust_xyz.dat cust_def.dat and I only want to move the first two. I want to do something like: cp cust_.dat <target> ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jawsnnn
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use parameter expansion over a parameter expansion in bash.

Hello All, Could you please do help me here as I would like to perform parameter expansion in shell over a parameter expansion. Let's say I have following variable. path="/var/talend/nat/cdc" Now to get only nat I could do following. path1="${path%/*}" path1="${path1##*/}" Here... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: RavinderSingh13
8 Replies
PAPS(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   PAPS(1)

NAME
paps - UTF-8 to PostScript converter using Pango SYNOPSIS
paps [options] files... DESCRIPTION
paps reads a UTF-8 encoded file and generates a PostScript language rendering of the file. The rendering is done by creating outline curves through the pango ft2 backend. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. --landscape Landscape output. Default is portrait. --columns=cl Number of columns output. Default is 1. --font=desc Set the font description. Default is Monospace 12. --rtl Do rtl layout. --paper ps Choose paper size. Known paper sizes are legal, letter, a4. Default is A4. --bottom-margin=bm Set bottom margin in postscript points (1/72 inch). Default is 36. --top-margin=tm Set top margin. Default is 36. --left-margin=lm Set left margin. Default is 36. --right-margin=rm Set right margin. Default is 36. --help Show summary of options. --header Draw page header for each page. --markup Interpret the text as pango markup. --encoding=ENCODING Assume the documentation encoding is ENCODING. --lpi Set the lines per inch. This determines the line spacing. --cpi Set the characters per inch. This is an alternative method of specifying the font size. --stretch-chars Indicates that characters should be stretched in the y-direction to fill up their vertical space. This is similar to the texttops behaviour. AUTHOR
paps was written by Dov Grobgeld <dov.grobgeld@gmail.com>. This manual page was written by Lior Kaplan <kaplan@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). April 17, 2006 PAPS(1)