Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how to prevent "ctrl-C" input Post 302278873 by zaxxon on Wednesday 21st of January 2009 10:38:23 AM
Old 01-21-2009

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sh, ksh: how can i "send" Ctrl+C ?

hi all, hope you can help me with this issue. i'm trying to receive some informations from a website using lynx & sh/ksh. $ lynx http://www.discogs.com/release/392142 | grep "members want" result of this command: 2 members want this <here i have to press Ctrl+C manually to escape, but... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pseudocoder
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

check input = "empty" and "numeric"

Hi how to check input is "empty" and "numeric" in ksh? e.g: ./myscript.ksh k output show: invalid number input ./myscript.ksh output show: no input ./myscript.ksh 10 output show: input is numeric (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: geoffry
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to prevent the pattern "^[[0m" from being written to a file ????

Hi folks, I am using a shell script to display the referred libraries names of any specified cpp code. Given below is the script: shell script "grblib" ------------------------------------------------------------------------- #!/bin/sh # get the lines having "include" pattern ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: frozensmilz
5 Replies

4. HP-UX

Apache w/ "Coverity Prevent" cannot start... please hellp!

Hi, I am trying to start the apache server on 11i for Coverity Prevent using following command: # cov-start-gui --datadir /qa_home/coverity/data_dir-4.3.0 cov-internal-httpd not running. For further information, see '/qa_home/coverity/data_dir-4.3.0/logs/error_log' # the error_log... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: prits31
0 Replies

5. AIX

AIX - "prevent script from running twice" issue

I know about standard "ps ..|grep .. | grep -v grep" solution, but... this is different issue I have encountered in several companies I worked for. And I see this only for AIX - not HP, not Solaris, not Linux. Korn shell script is scheduled in the background (via cron /via Tivoli Scheduler or... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ooops
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing "^M" from the end of a String (i.e. "Ctrl+M")?

Hello All, I have an Expect script that ssh's to a remote server and runs some commands before exiting. One of the commands I run is the "hostname" Command. After I run this command I save the output using this line in the code below... Basically it executes the hostname command, then I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrm5102
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

9. Red Hat

"/usr/sbin/hpacucli ctrl all show" command does not work

Dear Concern, We have observed that following command stuck/does not work in some RedHat nodes. Please advise us to troubleshoot the issue. /usr/sbin/hpacucli ctrl all show Note: HP Array Configuration Utility CLI for Linux 64-bit With Best Regards, Md. Abdullah-Al Kauser (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: makauser
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies
SCRIPT-EMAIL(8) 					  System Administration Commands					   SCRIPT-EMAIL(8)

NAME
script-email - Amanda script to send email notifications DESCRIPTION
script-email is an Amanda script implementing the Script API. It should not be run by users directly. It sends a notification email to the addresses specified in the MAILTO property. PROPERTIES
This section lists the properties that control script-email's functionality. See amanda-scripts(7) for information on the Script API, script configuration. MAILTO List of email addresses that will receive an email on command execution. It is a multi-valued property: property "MAILTO" "amanda@domain.com" "sysadmin@domain.com" "amandauser@domain.com" EXAMPLE
In this example, script-email is scheduled to be run before the DLE, on the server. The unqualified email address amanda will be passed to the email system unchanged. The script is then attached to a dumptype, which can then be specified for any DLEs which require notification. define script-tool pre-email { comment "email me before this DLE is backed up" plugin "script-email" execute-on pre-dle-backup execute-where server property "mailto" "amanda" } define dumptype user-tar-email { user-tar script "pre-email" } SEE ALSO
amanda(8), amanda.conf(5), amanda-client.conf(5), amanda-scripts(7) The Amanda Wiki: : http://wiki.zmanda.com/ AUTHORS
Jean-Louis Martineau <martineau@zmanda.com> Zmanda, Inc. (http://www.zmanda.com) Dustin J. Mitchell <dustin@zmanda.com> Zmanda, Inc. (http://www.zmanda.com) Amanda 3.3.1 02/21/2012 SCRIPT-EMAIL(8)